This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 3rd official 09-10 Maine season thread: Bubble-icious

Wow. That was a great weekend in Boston. It's been a long time since I've had that much fun at Hockey East weekend. The pre-game parties were awesome, and we blew the roof off the Garden. My throat is killing me. It sucks how it ended, but the guys took such an important step for the future. They now have some great playoff experience to draw on next year. That 6th goal was amazing... it just doesn't get more fun than that.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
      Ugh...tough one, huh? Expectations should be high for next year. Love the Diamond kid. All guts....anyone know of any highlight clips anywhere? What a game for me to miss sounds like.

Love the heart and intensity. Its what the game is all about.
      http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...p?mbc_mne1.m20

On the right side of the page... there's highlights for the BU game on that recap as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MEbear View Post
        Great to see that this Maine team showed us that they do understand what Maine hockey was/is all about!!

Wilson's not a Howard or Snow or even an Alfie, but he gave it his all and I hope he'll look back with huge pride on his contribution to restoring Maine hockey. A few softies last night but none of us would have had the chance to see the way the whole team could play under pressure without his contribution against Lowell and BU. After riding the bench for so long, I'm glad all his hard work paid off so he finally got the chance to prove to himself and all of us that he was a real Division 1 hockey player!!

If Whitehead can come up with a reliable goalie and Nyquist sticks around, next year's gonna be fun!
        The Maine coaching staff is actively seeking a goal tender for next year. My concern is that it is awfully late to be seeking talent and/or experience with short notice. Hopefully, they find a good one. Congratulations to Tim Whitehead and the Maine coaching staff. Along with excellent team leadership , this staff had this team ready to play. They had tremendous resiliency. What an exciting experience being at the Garden. Maine fans sure are passionate.

Comment

It's really too bad there isn't some subjectivity to the selection process. Not to sound like sour grapes but Maine would've been a much better selection then VT. No disrespect to VT, but to compair the two teams and how each is playing, esp witht the head to head compairison..........just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
            The Maine coaching staff is actively seeking a goal tender for next year. My concern is that it is awfully late to be seeking talent and/or experience with short notice.
            That's how Sirman and Wilson came on board
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Great effort by your team last night guys. They showed lots of heart coming back over and over again. Assuming, you don't have issues with early departures this offseason, I'd say the future is looking pretty bright again. Good for Maine, good for Hockey East.
              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
              BC - 12
              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                As scary as it sounds, they may be better next year.
                Given how many freshmen and sophomores they have, they SHOULD be better next year. Of course the regular caveats about players leaving early applies.
                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                BC - 12
                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  That's how Sirman and Wilson came on board
                  Sirman may develop yet

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                    It's really too bad there isn't some subjectivity to the selection process. Not to sound like sour grapes but Maine would've been a much better selection then VT.
                    Well some subjectivity would certainly be needed as your opinion and not the numbers say ME would have been a better selection.

ME was 3-3-1 OOC while VT was 6-1.

Seems to me VT is the better selection playing OOC teams. Especially when you consider the 7 wins against teams in the field compared to ME's 4.

But kudos to the UME team for a heck of a season and a great game last night against the Eagles. Great season, and by the looks more to come.
                    Originally posted by Hokydad
                    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                      Sirman may develop yet
                      Yup
                      You want to go into next season with him as #1?

Comment

I've been watching Maine hockey for 30 years (ugh) and losing games has always been heartbreaking. But last night as much as I wanted Maine to win, I did not leave the Garden disappointed.

What an effort, what heart, what determination! That was Maine Hockey! It obviously would be so much more fun to have won, to be going back to the NCAA's, but it also could have ended last weekend with a 2nd loss to Lowell.

Those of you who know my reputation on this board know that I have been a supporter of Coach Whitehead (don't know the man) and I want to congratulate the coaches as well as the team for the way they battled through adversity, and for how prepared they were for BU. As for last night I can not recall ever watching a game where a team responded time after time like Maine did. Scoring 3x's less than a minute after BC had scored! Scoring with :30 to go!

Expectations will be different next year and that brings new challenges for the team and coaches. Goaltending is an obvious concern, but with the emergence of Diamond along with the likes of House, Flynn, Dee, Abbott, Mangene, Shemansky and hopefully Gustav along with a very strong group of D-man Maine should be back in the Garden and back in the tournament.

As far as I'm concerned some unfinished business in St. Paul awaits!!!!!

Golf clubs are back in the trunk, but thank you Maine Hockey for a much better winter and a terrific spring weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                          http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...p?mbc_mne1.m20

On the right side of the page... there's highlights for the BU game on that recap as well.
                          Thanks man.
                          On the issue of a goalie recruit, I guess I cant see the big hurry. Why not take a year or even more to go after the guy we really want? Presumeably Darling and Sirman will take care of the next couple of years giving us the time to really find the next Jimmy
                          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                            The Maine coaching staff is actively seeking a goal tender for next year. My concern is that it is awfully late to be seeking talent and/or experience with short notice. Hopefully, they find a good one.
                            Lots of good goalies available according to Heisenberg's lists and according to various league stats. Some starting goalies with experience that play on very good teams remain.

Comment

Bob....Detroit sucks anyway, who in their right mind wants a FF there. St. Paul, now there's a place I'd go back to in a heartbeat....wuzzat that the 91 FF there......great city.
                              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                                Thanks man.
                                On the issue of a goalie recruit, I guess I cant see the big hurry. Why not take a year or even more to go after the guy we really want? Presumeably Darling and Sirman will take care of the next couple of years giving us the time to really find the next Jimmy
                                I think the question remains, will Darling be back?.

Comment

Working...
                                X