X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 3rd official 09-10 Maine season thread: Bubble-icious

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
    Jeez, if it sold out Tues, I would think they would try and fill another one.
    They probably only had enough tickets for one.

Comment

Jeez, if it sold out Tues, I would think they would try and fill another one.
      Concord Trailways is convenient and easy from Bangor to South Station. My dad usually takes the bus down, and I meet him down there. It works great.

Comment

Reflecting back a little on the season. Just imagine how different the PWR would be if we'd managed a split with Union. Goes to show how much every game matters, no matter if it's in October or February. The make-up of college hockey is such that the so called "cupcakes" on the early schedule are now more and more TUC's. There is no such thing as an easy OOC schedule anymore. That early in the season you can't predict who's gonna be ther at the end. Overlooking a team can come back and bite you in the arse. Maine is a prime example of thet this year.
        If they had split with Union, they'd be 15th instead of 18th. Northeastern would momentarily be the 25th TUC, but that would change if RIT won this weekend. UHN would thus be 11th.

If BU had won one against UVM they'd now be 14th.

Comment

Nyquist is one of 10 Hobey finalists.

Comment

All Hockey East First Team, Gustav Nyquist. Unanimous selection.

He was runner-up to Bobby Butler for Player of the Year.

Also, Jeff Dimmen named to the second team and Brian Flynn named honorable mention.

Runner-up for coach of the year: Tim Whitehead

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
              All Hockey East First Team, Gustav Nyquist. Unanimous selection.

He was runner-up to Bobby Butler for Player of the Year.

Also, Jeff Dimmen named to the second team and Brian Flynn named honorable mention.

Runner-up for coach of the year: Tim Whitehead
              Interesting that Nyquist was the only unanimous selection for first team yet gets screwed out of POY.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                Interesting that Nyquist was the only unanimous selection for first team yet gets screwed out of POY.
                No surprise they gave it to the senior. He'll have to come back and win it next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                  The league wants to boost them both for Hobey. If Nyquist is POY that hurts Butler.

Of course, neither one of them is going to win.

Comment

Originally posted by GoMaine24 View Post
                    Some playful predictions!....

I saw the e-mail about the banquet. I've never been so I don't remember how many of these types of awards get given, but if any of the following "typicals" go, I assume this is how it will look.

Player of the year: uhh, derrr???

Rookie of the year: Shemansky

Most Improved player: Dee, or a long shot senior guilt award to DeKastrozza, but Dee deserves it more.
                    I have to agree with you about Dee...I was just reading some scouting reports back from 2005 where he was one of the better HS players in Minnesota. He started to show his potential that I read about this year. Hopefully his progress continues.
                    USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

I'm sure you'll all be happy to know that Maine great Paul Kariya picked up his 400th career goal (and 983rd point) in tonight's game against the Rangers.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll
                        of course not, but who is?

I know who I would think, but let's hear you commit to something...(and then you can tell us about all the good things Tim does)
                        It's been almost an hour and you haven't deleted this. Good job!

The best player I have seen this year is Marc Cheverie, but he's handicapped because he's a goalie. He and Rhett Rakhshani will probably split votes and someone like Blake Geoffrion will win it.

Comment

It's Semi-final day! Hoping for a big crowd at the rally and a loud crowd at the game!

On a sad note I just wanted to pass along that an occasional poster to this board and particularly Maine threads (though like me he had grown tired of the discourse) Virgil "Gil" Pratt passed away a few weeks ago. Gil and his first wife Sandy were regulars at regionals and the Frozen Four. Sandy passed a few years back of cancer and Gil shared his struggles on the boards with those who knew him. He recently had remarried, but succumbed to heart problems, he was only 65!

So for those who knew Gil raise a toast, I know he would have enjoyed being in Boston today and cheering on the Black Bears!
                          Last edited by BobF; 03-19-2010, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Timmay wuz screwed !
                            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

RIP Gil.

Comment

http://www.pressherald.com/sports/hi...010-03-18.html

http://www.pressherald.com/sports/a-...010-03-18.html

http://www.pressherald.com/sports/ny...010-03-18.html

and one that got away...

http://www.pressherald.com/sports/du...010-03-18.html

Comment

Working...
                                X