X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 3rd official 09-10 Maine season thread: Bubble-icious

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
    My bad, I seem to have forgotten how many points Maine needs to sew up home ice.
    Home ice but, do you want 3rd or 4th? I doubt Willie plays unless its mop up duty?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Home ice but, do you want 3rd or 4th? I doubt Willie plays unless its mop up duty?
      Good point, I hope Maine can match up in the HE Quarters with a team that will give Maine more of a push in the power rankings. Vermont would be my guess.

Comment

Congrats to the Seniors. Specal congrats to Dek and Carriere. They stuck it out thru a rough period. Watching their classmates get dismissed one by one from the team. Suffering thru a couple of very bad seasons. Not getting a ton of playing time until this year. Great example of character, fortitude and leadership. Good luck boys, I'm sure you'll do great in whatever you pursue.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
          Congrats to the Seniors. Specal congrats to Dek and Carriere. They stuck it out thru a rough period. Watching their classmates get dismissed one by one from the team. Suffering thru a couple of very bad seasons. Not getting a ton of playing time until this year. Great example of character, fortitude and leadership. Good luck boys, I'm sure you'll do great in whatever you pursue.
          Good stuff, these guys are saving their best for last. Injuries really affected all the seniors and its good to see them do well. Hopefully they get to play some more games before their careers are over

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
            Good point, I hope Maine can match up in the HE Quarters with a team that will give Maine more of a push in the power rankings. Vermont would be my guess.
            PairWise

And Vermont would be the best matchup. Northeastern or Lowell might be good, depending on this weekend. Merrimack and UMA would not help in the PWR. Getting a QF pairing with BU would be the nightmare scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
              I certainly think you could add Wilson to your list and Swallow has fought thorough injuries and got back into the line-up including stellar duty on the PK. They are all fine young men and will do well in the future.

Carriere practiced yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                I certainly think you could add Wilson to your list and Swallow has fought thorough injuries and got back into the line-up including stellar duty on the PK. They are all fine young men and will do well in the future.

Carriere practiced yesterday.
                Oh, I agree. But I wanted to make a special shout out to those two. Swallow was a transfer and Wilson wasn't going anywhere. Dek and Carriere could've easilly packed it in, quit and they didn't. Not dissing the other two, just a little something special for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  PairWise

And Vermont would be the best matchup. Northeastern or Lowell might be good, depending on this weekend. Merrimack and UMA would not help in the PWR. Getting a QF pairing with BU would be the nightmare scenario.
                  Noticed in the BU article in the Boston Globe today:

http://www.boston.com/sports/college...for_bu_and_nu/

there were significant PWR implications on the mind of Shattenkirk from BU this season, as their year played out.

Each night over the next couple of weekends will be critical in the constant recalculation of PWR to determine whether Maine can squeak in with an at-large berth, rather than having to run the table and be victorious at the Gahden.

An at-large squeak will likely earn them no better than a third seed somewhere, whereas beating teams all the way to the last game in HEA and whatever else plays out elsewhere in NCAA div. 1 likely will give them a third or perhaps even a second-seed.
                  Maine coach Red Gendron said:
                  “We’re not satisfied unless we win, that’s the bottom line. There are no moral victories. If we were to play a season for just moral victories, why even bother playing?”

Comment

Originally posted by mainetwentytwelve View Post
                    Rachel lenzi tweeted yesterday that nyquist was in street clothes for practice and joey diamond was practicing with flynn and house. Any other news on that?
                    Do you have a link for that? I haven't seen anything about that anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                      It was a Tweet. No link

Nyquist in street clothes, watching today's practice. Kyle Beattie, Theo Andersson and Brett Carriere in orange non-contact jerseys

Comment

on the PPH site, you can find list of reporters that are on twitter... i did see this, so he isn't making it up... also was noted at the end of today's pph article on carriere.... in street clothes on wednesday, no word on whether he practiced on thursday...

lenzi twitter page

http://twitter.com/rlenzi

scroll down and you'll see it
                        Last edited by gscott13; 03-05-2010, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                          on the PPH site, you can find list of reporters that are on twitter... i did see this, so he isn't making it up... also was noted at the end of today's pph article on carriere.... in street clothes on wednesday, no word on whether he practiced on thursday...

lenzi twitter page

http://twitter.com/rlenzi
                          Hmmm... what to make of that?

Comment

Hmmm... what to make of that?
                            exactly... given that the last couple of articles have specifically mentioned other players injured or wearing orange "non-contact" jerseys, to omit mentioning a reason for him being in street clothes seems odd... hopefully it's something minor like a touch of the flu where they held him out to keep it spreading through the entire team...

of course, he has gotten a bit dinged up as the season has worn on....

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                              exactly... given that the last couple of articles have specifically mentioned other players injured or wearing orange "non-contact" jerseys, to omit mentioning a reason for him being in street clothes seems odd... hopefully it's something minor like a touch of the flu where they held him out to keep it spreading through the entire team...

of course, he has gotten a bit dinged up as the season has worn on....
                              I'm voting for touch of flu, and ready to go. Sometimes you even play better with the flu for some reason.

Comment

If he had the flu, why would he be at practice? Its spring break so no classes, wouldn't he stay home and get over the flu faster

Comment

Working...
                                X