X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 3rd official 09-10 Maine season thread: Bubble-icious

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    It shouldn't, Detroit lacks offense, Maine lacks a goalie for next year, I think he might be gone this summer
    Good morning to you too Wally.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll
      you say it is definitely an alcohol-related issue, but you do not know for sure.
      you also said that you knew all about the Czuba Sill affair.... do you remember that the official Maine press release was "they were dismissed for a series of alcohol-related events"

from what you know of sill and czuba, would YOU have characterized their dismissal as "for a series of alcohol-related events"?

and I never said I had a clue what Scott did or did not do, I just said that it is unfair to judge if we none of us knows... and that it MIGHT HAVE been for disagreeing with his royal majesty. Talk to Marshall about missing his last 2 regular season games and the playoffs for THAT kind of "offense".
      Are you saying that the University lied in its press release? Not a little white lie, or dressing up a bad situation in pretty language, but lied about students and alcohol? That's a pretty serious accusation, especially considering the circumstances. You have anything to back that up?

Edit: I see you've already deleted your post...maybe you decided to retract your accusations...

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        Edit: I see you've already deleted your post...maybe you decided to retract your accusations...
        Not again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

What a strange individual. Post, delete, post, delete, repeat, repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
            What a strange individual. Post, delete, post, delete, repeat, repeat.
            He just did it again!!!

Comment

Give it a rest KIA, you are one disturbed individual. Enough info seems to be out for most to infer that this has alcohol involved. The young man deserves his privacy. I see no reason to take that issue any further.

Comment

This team is starting to drive some people crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                  It only seems to be affecting one very peculiar individual.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                    Crazy or internet nutcases?
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
                      It only seems to be affecting one very peculiar individual.
                      If Tim weren't the coach then KIA would be sane.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        Wait a second, I thought he did nothing wrong and Tim was just suspending guys for random things like interrupting a speech. That's what knowitall said(before he deleted it).
                        Could be the case. The article went on to say that it was something between Darling and Coach Whitehead. So while it wasn't a violation of the athlete conduct code, it obviously pizzed Timid Tim off. If the story is true and he showed up a little hungover for a team meeting, that might be it.

Or, TIMMAY's looking for a scapegoat for the dismal finish to the season, and so he's taking full advantage of this little incident.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Does anyone else find it incredibly irresponsible for the TV station web site to report this "story" based upon one anonymous source who claims he spoke to members of the hockey team? How does the TV station know that he spoke to members of the hockey team? Who is this person? Is this person's claims supported by anyone else? .... And USCHO repeated this story.

It may turn out to be true - no doubt. But really now - based on one anonymous yahoo's third-hand claims?

Comment

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/138583.html
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyFanClub View Post
                              Does anyone else find it incredibly irresponsible for the TV station web site to report this "story" based upon one anonymous source who claims he spoke to members of the hockey team? How does the TV station know that he spoke to members of the hockey team? Who is this person? Is this person's claims supported by anyone else? .... And USCHO repeated this story.

It may turn out to be true - no doubt. But really now - based on one anonymous yahoo's third-hand claims?
                              There's a great clip they play on the Dan Patrick Show about Tiger Woods. It's from Entertainment Tonight and shows just how thin a source has to be to be used.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyFanClub View Post

Typically, I would hope that media folks have a credible source before reporting something, especially this type of information. Anonymous doesn't necessarily mean the source isn't credible. The media reporting the info from the source knows who it is and again, typically, would deem them to be credible and report it (or not be credible and hold back reporting it until a credible source confirms).

That being said, it could be awfully convenient for someone very credible in the eyes of the media to remain anonymous and float out false information to keep attention off of themselves or their shortcomings. Not that I'm accusing anyone of anything but like I said, given the situation, it might be convenient for some folks to do this.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X