X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 3rd official 09-10 Maine season thread: Bubble-icious

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Three weeks ago? You mean, like maybe after the UHN series? And they've been sucking ever since? Hmmmm............................... strange coincidences

The conspiracy theorist in me would speculate that once he got the contract extension, and was now feeling pretty secure about his position, he took a heavier hand in managing the team, in short, re-installing his 'system', and taking less input from others in putting together the gameplans and the coaching. And the results have shown on the ice since.

But that's just speculation.
    Ugh!

Comment

Originally posted by btb91 View Post
      Did you hear that....

That was the sucking sound of money flowing out of the athletic department from lost season ticket/game ticket sales as a result of TIMMAY's contract being extended (if true), and not making the NCAA's for 4 more years.

If this is true, we have now entered the Dark Ages of Maine Hockey.
      Yup......it's just the beginning......

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
        Yeah, thats correct. Forgot MC would be the lowest seed going into the Garden. It would take a Herculean effort on MC's part to get by BU, but they did it before and they have the horses to do it this year.
        Jack has said merrimack was the team he did not want to see in the quarters because it's so easy to see the name Merrimack and think you can coast to the Garden. While I think we're the better team, this will not be an easy series for BU.
        time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          UMass was #9 team in the country earlier this season. For whatever reason the team "tanked" and is now rebounding from the "free fall". They have very good goal tending and good team speed. Maine does not match up well against their quickness and speed even though Maine has improved in that department from a year ago. Umass is very good defensively and clogged up the net front on the 2 man advantages Maine had.
          Well what does that say abot Maine then? Umass was riding a huge losing streak so the other HE teams didn't seem to have a problem beating them. Maine's won 2 of their last 8. Clearly it's not just Umass we don't match up with if that's your excuse.

Comment

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/138496.html

Comment

A question for Rainman....I mean Priceless . As far as the PWR is concerned, does 2 wins over UML boost them up enough to get in the tourny if they lose in the semi's? I think they need to at least get to the final to get the at large. (not that it matters cause they're gonna get swept this weekend) but thoughts?

Comment

UMass only had 19 shots in 73 minutes against Wilson and 22 in 46 minutes against Sirman...seems like the team plays better defense in front of Wilson...

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                A question for Rainman....I mean Priceless . As far as the PWR is concerned, does 2 wins over UML boost them up enough to get in the tourny if they lose in the semi's? I think they need to at least get to the final to get the at large. (not that it matters cause they're gonna get swept this weekend) but thoughts?
                Read my post "Inside the PWR"

The team CAN qualify for the tournament with a quarterfinal sweep, but they need the cards to fall right in other tournaments...if higher seeds win out they'd be the first team out. In that scenario, if Union lost the third-place game in the ECAC then Maine is in. They would need to win a game in Boston to be assured of a place.

Comment

Any word on the possibilty of these games being televised?
                  You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
                  ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
                  ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
                  ...you hate UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by Maineiak View Post
                    I'd like to get rid of my Friday night tickets if you want to see it in person.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                      I'd like to get rid of my Friday night tickets if you want to see it in person.
                      Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Maineiak View Post

The Boston University Sports Network oh wait I mean NESN is doing Merrimack@ BU on Friday. Doesn't NESN have the rights to all the hockey east playoff games?
                        When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Pirates coach Kevin Dineen suspended for getting into it with an official. At least he sticks up for his players if he thinks a call is wrong.
                          When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                            Good luck!
                            LOL. Pay for my gas and I'll take em!! Sorry feeling a little fiesty!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                              The Boston University Sports Network oh wait I mean NESN is doing Merrimack@ BU on Friday. Doesn't NESN have the rights to all the hockey east playoff games?
                              Used to be that way. I assume still is. If NESN doesn't show it, it won't be on TV.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Is it me or does college hockey coverage really bite now compared to a decade ago???

Comment

Working...
                                X