Hobey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobey

I was just looking at the current votes for the Hobey, I know they only count for 1% but still it is something. I wanted some thoughts on some of the players with the highest votes and whether you think it is legit or just fans of that school voting constantly!

9043 / 7%: Tomas Petruska - Bowling Green - Sr - F? Especially this one, second to last place team in the CCHA!!!

10817 / 8%: Mario Valery-Trabucco - Union - Sr - F- Current Leader

8603 / 6%: Jeff Petry - Michigan State - Jr - D-

8869 / 7%: Dan Ringwald - RIT - Sr - D

9575 / 7%: Chris Kushneriuk - Robert Morris - Jr - F

8881 / 7%: Bobby Butler - New Hampshire - Sr - F

Also kind of surprised Nick Johnson is not up in the voting with 25 goal, 23 assist, and 7 GW goals

Re: Hobey

Originally posted by CHATJ View Post
    Also kind of surprised Nick Johnson is not up in the voting with 25 goal, 23 assist, and 7 GW goals
    Might it have something that he plays in a terrible league? Just sayin...
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I was just looking at the current votes for the Hobey, I know they only count for 1% but still it is something. I wanted some thoughts on some of the players with the highest votes and whether you think it is legit or just fans of that school voting constantly!

9043 / 7%: Tomas Petruska - Bowling Green - Sr - F? Especially this one, second to last place team in the CCHA!!!

Everthing East of the Mississippi
      Eastern Bias!
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Might it have something that he plays in a terrible league? Just sayin...
        Thats true... still impressive numbers

Comment

Butler is the only legitimate candidate out of that group. Valery-Trabucco and Petry have a chance to be among the 10 finalists, but they're not close to the Hat Trick. Same goes for Johnson. He might make the top 10, but probably not the Hat Trick.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
            Everthing East of the Mississippi
            Eastern Bias!
            I do see the eastern having all the votes, but that is more just the fans actually voting.

What western players do you think shoudl be in the Top?

Comment

I do see the eastern having all the votes, but that is more just the fans actually voting.

What western players do you think shoudl be in the Top?
              Rakhshani, Cheverie, Brendan Smith, Reichard
              "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Very excited and also surprised that Mario from Union is leading the voting. Don't get me wrong...He has been absolutely amazing for us this season but I have no idea how he has over 10,000 votes. It really is a big accomplishment for the school. We have a little over 2,200 students here and they really haven't been doing a great job with the "get out the vote" campaign.

Hope he makes it to the final 10 though.
                Last edited by UnionHockeyManiac; 03-02-2010, 12:36 PM.
                LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                  Rakhshani, Cheverie, Brendan Smith, Reichard
                  Davies, Geoffrion and Olver as well.
                  Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                    Davies, Geoffrion and Olver as well.
                    Brendan Smith is the player Wisconsin is going behind for the hobey, davies and geoffrion both deserve to be in the discussion for sure but the university can really only put there weight behind one candidate and they feel Brendan Smith is the best player to put up above the rest.
                    The Quest For 7

Comment

Rakhshani should be right at the top of the voting... I'm not a fan of DU, but he really has had a huge impact on Denver (which probably is the best team in the NCAA right now).
                      "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month."
                      - Herb Brooks (1937-2003)

Minnesota State University. "You Betcha"!

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                        Very excited and also surprised that Mario from Union is leading the voting. Don't get me wrong...He has been absolutely amazing for us this season but I have no idea how he has over 10,000 votes. It really is a big accomplishment for the school. We have a little over 2,200 students here and they really haven't been doing a great job with the "get out the vote" campaign.

Hope he makes it to the final 10 though.
                        ballot stuffing is a big accomplishment for the school? I'd think the pretty dang good season you guys are having is a much bigger accomplishment

Comment

Originally posted by CavalryNate View Post
                          Rakhshani should be right at the top of the voting... I'm not a fan of DU, but he really has had a huge impact on Denver (which probably is the best team in the NCAA right now).
                          Rakhshani is a great player, but he's the second-best player on his own team. Cheverie is the biggest reason Denver is on top of the rankings. His stats are even more amazing when you consider the caliber of players he faces each week in the WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                            ballot stuffing is a big accomplishment for the school? I'd think the pretty dang good season you guys are having is a much bigger accomplishment
                            Of course the team accomplishments are more important. Believe me, I'm thrilled about what Union has done this season...I'm just disappointed that at this point, it appears pretty clear that we didn't have the juice to get an at-large bid to the national tournament. Beating Cornell this past Friday would have fixed that.

However, I have no idea who is doing the ballot stuffing...I'm the biggest student fan that Union has (at least as far as I know) and we have not been getting emails or anything like that telling us to vote. I'd actually bet that 95% of the student body doesn't even have a clue what the Hobey Baker award is or even who Hobey Baker the person is.
                            LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Aint ballot stuffing great?

Us Mainuhs dont believe in it.....let the players do the talking on the ice and Gustav Nyquist is walking away with the national scoring title playing in a real league. He's a Hobey slam dunk at this point imo. He's also a great defensive player very important to his team.
                              Last edited by acs64; 03-02-2010, 04:00 PM.
                              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X