EC vs. Manhattanville ECAC WEST Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EC vs. Manhattanville ECAC WEST Final

Let's get this party started. Should be a great game !

Re: EC vs. Manhattanville ECAC WEST Final

EC Wil have to get physical this time around, can't keep getting run into the boards all night without giving some back. Stay out of the penalty box, take more shots on the PP and take care of that "Cherry Picker" thay love to use all the time.
    This past weekend I was 3/3 for my teams winning, (EC, CND Women, CND Men) let's hope this carries over to this coming weekend.
    Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
    Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
    Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Hobart had them for much of the first and half the second with an decent forecheck. The Mville D were running about in their own end for almost 30 minutes trying to find their way out. The had to use the glass which turned over the puck in the neutral zone quite often or certainly was not producing much good scoring chances.
      If I am the Soaring Eagles I'm dumping it in using a 2-1-2 forcing them to turn it over. They must also be in that little Quebec goalies face all night long which will put the Mvlle in the position to see some PK time. Elmira must work below the goal line.

Comment

M'ville has a big and physical group(esp. their seniors) of forwards who can skate and hit with any team's forwards.I grant you that the D is not as talented and a bit suspect.Save one significant injury they are pretty healthy ,but that's where having the luxury of dressing a D-1 transfer comes in handy.You don't get to be 19-6-1 by luck.Should be a good game between #8 and#11,too bad only one probably advances.

Comment

No just by playing a cream puff schedule
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

How about any pregame festivities? Didn't realize you couldn't buy beer in the booster club lounge in the ECAC playoffs and I was 45 minutes early to the game Good thing there is a gas station two minutes down the road.

Prediction: EC 3 Manhattanville 2
            2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by valliant defender View Post
              ,but that's where having the luxury of dressing a D-1 transfer comes in handy..
              There's a reason they transfer. EC has a D-1 transfer too and I am not the least bit impressed,

Comment

This cream puff schedule talk is growing a bit weary.Is it not realized that M'ville plays in the ecac-w where the reigning national champ has back to back 4th place finishes,M'ville set the all time NCAA record for consecutive road wins at 17,and m'ville has only 2 non conf losses in the last 2 years.

Comment

This cream puff schedule talk is growing a bit weary.Is it not realized that M'ville plays in the ecac-w where the reigning national champ has back to back 4th place finishes,M'ville set the all time NCAA record for consecutive road wins at 17,and m'ville has only 2 non conf losses in the last 2 years.
                  Yes but the ECAC West was still very much down this year. Hobart didn't have near the year we were expecting from them and every team has some bad OOC losses.

Manhattanville didn't play ANYONE out of conference. That's why they are being knocked.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

When you're playing high school teams out of conference I'd hope you would only have 2 losses. The only thing getting weary is the teams the violents play. Big deal about Neumann...it was a team that got hot just at the right time.
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

What part of 37th out of 72 don't you get? Elmira is 5th. There is a significant difference between the strength of schedule that the two teams played. When M'ville played Hobart in the ECAC W semis they raised their SOS considerably.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I guess all that I can say is that it's agood thing that the NCAA doesn't roll out a computer-sheet and award a national championship,they settle it on the ice-look at that BCS garbage year in and year out.

Comment

I guess all that I can say is that it's agood thing that the NCAA doesn't roll out a computer-sheet and award a national championship,they settle it on the ice-look at that BCS garbage year in and year out.
                          However, for a Pool B bid those numbers are important. Winning the ECAC West is not an automatic ticket to the dance.
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Either way, Manhattanville still won't make it.
                            I admire your dedication to your team but you really need to wake up and see if from all angles. If you really pay attention, the majority of EC fans will defend our team with a passion but, we will also admit when they play like crap. I for one have been critisized for some of my posts against EC's play.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              What part of 37th out of 72 don't you get? Elmira is 5th. There is a significant difference between the strength of schedule that the two teams played. When M'ville played Hobart in the ECAC W semis they raised their SOS considerably.
                              That hit the nail on the head. Thank you! Or do we need to break out hooked on phonics for math to get this message through?

Comment

Working...
                              X