The "Official" East is better than the west IN D3 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Official" East is better than the west IN D3 thread

Instead of cluttering up the Fan Poll thread...we might as well have a thread for this topic.

Easts Arguments:
    Lake Forest lost to UMB therefore the west sucks
    Adrian tied Potsdam therefore the west sucks
    Eventhough top eastern teams have lost or tied inferior eastern team that is irrelevant because the east is inherently better than the west
    therefore the west sucks

The west has never won a frozen four, therefore the west sucks.

Did I forget any?
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Re: The "Official" East is better than the west IN D3 thread

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
    Instead of cluttering up the Fan Poll thread...we might as well have a thread for this topic.

Easts Arguments:
    Lake Forest lost to UMB therefore the west sucks
    Adrian tied Potsdam therefore the west sucks
    Eventhough top eastern teams have lost or tied inferior eastern team that is irrelevant because the east is inherently better than the west
    therefore the west sucks

The west has never won a frozen four, therefore the west sucks.

Did I forget any?
    pick me pick me! the west has played in only one ncaa championship game!! I'm sorry, you asked. I'm done being a jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by nyi19 View Post
      pick me pick me! the west has played in only one ncaa championship game....therefore the west sucks! !! I'm sorry, you asked. I'm done being a jerk.
      There fixed it for you...we need to get the system down right.
      UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

There fixed it for you...we need to get the system down right.
        my fault. didn't mean to throw anything off

Comment

pick me pick me! the west has played in only one ncaa championship game!! I'm sorry, you asked. I'm done being a jerk.
          That was way worse than my comment on the other thread how come he gets no red lines under his name

Comment

Originally posted by hahaha View Post
            That was way worse than my comment on the other thread how come he gets no red lines under his name
            been there, done that

Comment

can we open the floor for the westerners to plead their case for the top teams. we hear complaints about easterners not dropping teams after bad losses and things. but i want to hear/read the westerners arguments for having teams higher than they are. And I do agree that some should. but i want to hear it from you all

Comment

Lake Forest wasn't that good until this season. Lake Forest is the best in the west this season. One game against UMass-Boston is too small a sample size to infer anything about how Lake Forest will do in the postseason as a national championship contender.

East is better than the West, but not in a statistically significant way. Thankfully, D-III has a postseason and opinions about East vs. West don't matter much.

Comment

can we open the floor for the westerners to plead their case for the top teams. we hear complaints about easterners not dropping teams after bad losses and things. but i want to hear/read the westerners arguments for having teams higher than they are. And I do agree that some should. but i want to hear it from you all
                  no because until a western team flies to Plattsburgh or Middlebury and beats them the west will never be better.

We have gone out and beaten Elmira twice...but that doesn't count.
                  UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

no because until a western team flies to Plattsburgh or Middlebury and beats them the west will never be better.

We have gone out and beaten Elmira twice...but that doesn't count.
                    no what? you can't tell me why teams should be higher because...?

Comment

and what happened in 2006 hardly affects today's argument...

Comment

and what happened in 2006 hardly affects today's argument...
                        Lake Forest beat Elmira in like 03 or something.

But the fact that a west team hasn't won a national championship in the past 8 years affects everything. Why does one past event not count, but another does?
                        UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Lake Forest beat Elmira in like 03 or something.

But the fact that a west team hasn't won a national championship in the past 8 years affects everything. Why does one past event not count, but another does?
                          let's compare 9 national championship game to two regular season games... you'd figure at some point, the top team from the west would get it at some point. Clearly superior and lake forest didn't prove to be THE top team in those years

Comment

let's compare 9 national championship game to two regular season games... you'd figure at some point, the top team from the west would get it at some point. Clearly superior and lake forest didn't prove to be THE top team in those years

Most of those years the western team lost to the eventual national champ. If you think about the teams that won 7 of those 8...Elmira was 49-5-3 their 2 years, Middlebury was 87-7-5 their 3 years, Plattsburgh was 52-3-3

No one beat those teams really...and the western teams played them close.

Amherst was 24-5 with 2 of the losses being to western teams.

Not making excuses--just trying to point out that those teams that won those titles were pretty darn good...you would think that the west could upset 1 out of 8, but it doesn't always happen that way. I think this year is the first year there isn't a clear top team out there. Everybody has had their slip ups...east and west.
                            Last edited by gojackets; 03-01-2010, 12:08 AM.
                            UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Most of those years the western team lost to the eventual national champ. If you think about the teams that won 7 of those 8...Elmira was 49-5-3 their 2 years, Middlebury was 87-7-5 their 3 years, Plattsburgh was 52-3-3

No one beat those teams really...and the western teams played them close.

Amherst was 24-5 with 2 of the losses being to western teams.
                              OK. 1 point to the west. you're right. but can't amherst just go and cry "road legs, we're the ones that had to travel" and have it be acceptable? If lake forest takes it all this year, the argument stops there. Until that happens...i'm not so sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X