Boston University vs Northeastern 3/5 and 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston University vs Northeastern 3/5 and 6

As the Jay-Z song says ad nauseam, "on to the next one" something these teams surely want to do after combining for a whopping 1 point last weekend.

For both teams the Hockey East Tournament Title is almost certainly the only possible path to the NCAA's so this weekend is really just for jostling for seeding and possibly home ice for the quarterfinals.

Have at it...

Re: Boston University vs Northeastern 3/5 and 6

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    As the Jay-Z song says ad nauseam, "on to the next one" something these teams surely want to do after combining for a whopping 1 point last weekend.

For both teams the Hockey East Tournament Title is almost certainly the only possible path to the NCAA's so this weekend is really just for jostling for seeding and possibly home ice for the quarterfinals.

Have at it...
    Enough with the talking about a path to the NCAAs.

Comment

We need 4 pts.. we seldom get what we need
      We need 4 pts.. i think we'll manage 2
      We need 4 pts.. it'll head to splitsville regardless
      We need 4.. but we'll share two with you..
      We need 4 pts.. but who's counting

Did i mention, we need 4 pts
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Enough with the talking about a path to the NCAAs.
        Let's be honest. At least in the context of saying they have to win it all, it's better than a geeky fanboy running scenarios all day and posting about how great it is that BU has a 1/2,231,095 chance of making the NCAAs as an at large team. I'm sure we'll get a post or two like that anyway, right up until the end.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Both primary goaltenders looked less than stellar for their respective teams this wknd. While Millan was pulled in Friday's gm.. Rawlings gave up a very soft goal in Saturday's gm as well.

I think they'll both play some of their best, this wknd -especially at home. It'll be tough (not impossible), for either team to steal one on the road.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Anything but 2 ties. Anything but 2 ties. Anything but 2 ties.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I think much like last year, bu does enough the last weekend of the regular season to make sure they end up in front of NU by one place in the standings. bu ends up 4th, NU ends up 5th, and off we go to face each other at least two more times.

Funny though, if either team gets swept, they could be out of the playoffs depending on how the other games go.
              DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
                bu ends up 4th, NU ends up 5th, and off we go to face each other at least two more times.
                I haven't run the numbers, but since it appears that in order for either of these teams to get home ice they would have to take 3 or 4 points this weekend, I don't see how the team who takes only 1 or 0 points can end up ahead of UVM and UML, since they are also playing each other.

Comment

I haven't run the numbers, but since it appears that in order for either of these teams to get home ice they would have to take 3 or 4 points this weekend, I don't see how the team who takes only 1 or 0 points can end up ahead of UVM and UML, since they are also playing each other.
                  I didnt look at it closely before, but I guess not.

both teams could still get knocked out though if swept.
                  DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

To get home ice, BU must either:

1. Sweep Northeastern (and end the regular season with 28 points) and there is no sweep in Lowell-Vermont series, either way.

2. Take 3 of 4 points vs. Northeastern (and end the regular season with 27 points) and there is a split in the Lowell-Vermont series.

Bottom line is BU cannot lose on Friday if they want any chance at home ice.

Comment

Should be a fun one this weekend, don't expect the double ties again, though NU will take that because of the tiebreaker....

NU and BU can't play each other in the first round the way the points will fall in place...
                      MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

Should be fun hockey indeed.. but unless I'm mistaken BU and NU is ending spring break... expecting less than stellar atmospheres from these two usually very present student sections.
                        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                          Should be fun hockey indeed.. but unless I'm mistaken BU and NU is ending spring break... expecting less than stellar atmospheres from these two usually very present student sections.
                          BU is starting spring break. Not sure about NU.
                          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                            BU is starting spring break. Not sure about NU.
                            Our spring break is ending, so it remains to be seen if a lot of students come back early. Luckily for us, there are a lot of co-op students still on campus.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
                              Luckily for us, there are a lot of co-op students still on campus.
                              That's good. I was worried they'd have to shut down Quizno's over break.

Comment

Working...
                              X