Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University vs Northeastern 3/5 and 6

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    Don't look now, but this thread is on fire...
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Yeah, but it's a Lowell guy trying to fan the flames. That doesn't count.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
        and the rest of the defense unaware an unable to shift.
        So the defense was unaware and the goalie failed to make the save?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Yeah, but it's a Lowell guy trying to fan the flames. That doesn't count.
          .. when i posted that this morning, didn't think that through
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
            So the defense was unaware and the goalie failed to make the save?
            har har
            time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
              Looking forward to catching my first live BU game this season on Friday. Perhaps I'm the missing element to starting a long winning streak (comprised of many one game streaks of course, just like last year). Now that I think about it, the last game I watched was the regional win over UNH last year. SO I'm bringing some good mojo to Kieran.

What does "looking forward" mean? To a BU game? You must mean to dinner or a bar.
              April 11th 2009
              October 27th 2004
              October 28th 2007

Sure, the Yankees have won 27 World Series Championships, but how many Beanpots have they won?

Comment

Originally posted by TommyNoblesIsLife View Post

What does "looking forward" mean? To a BU game? You must mean to dinner or a bar.
                He lives out of state but will be in town this weekend. Even with the way this season has panned out, if you moved away after regularly seeing them, one can look forward to seeing them person.

Comment

Just a short note for BU fans. Former Terrier player Brandon Yip, now playing here in Denver with the Avalanche, suffered a shoulder injury on Monday night in the Avs' game versus the Detroit Red Wings. Yip is expected to miss the next four to six weeks.

His absence will be felt as the Avs are in a race with several Western Conference teams to secure a playoff spot. Yip has been a most pleasant surprise for the Avs this season. In twenty-six games he's gone 11-7-18 and +10. He's one of a number of rookies who've been called up from the Avs' Lake Erie Monsters farm team of the AHL. My own opinion is that based on his play thus far he has a bright future with the Avs.
                  sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

wow.. tough break for him. Big leagues.. big, nasty hits.. goes with the territory (and contract & insurance etc). Hope he recovers well. Was it a dirty hit? Clean play?..
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

wow.. tough break for him. Big leagues.. big, nasty hits.. goes with the territory (and contract & insurance etc). Hope he recovers well. Was it a dirty hit? Clean play?..
                      He was the one who initiated contact on the forecheck - he hit Lidstrom against the boards and then skated off in noticeable pain. It's the same shoulder he broke early his Sophomore year @ BU (against NU) that kept him out for 2+ months.

Comment

Boo.

Yip was always a pleasant surprise to watch on the ice. Hopefully recovery comes quickly, as does doom to his enemies.

Comment

Yip was/is a great skater..

but i remember on the college circuit he did like to hit.. a lot. Sometimes not clean, even BU fans will agree.. (risky on his part).. but he did like to 'goon it up' some. He ended up in the penalty box quite a few times...

think someone here commented.. wait until he gets to the big leagues.

Just gotta be careful how you go into those hits.. sometimes its bad luck with the boards.. sometimes not keeping your head up.. sometimes.. did i mention bad luck..
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Yip was/is a great skater..

I think most people would agree skating was the weakest part of Yip's game from his first day on campus until his last. Although it certainly improved over 4 years, it was not proportionally more than his other attributes so it remained his primary weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                              I can tell you right now, my path to this year's NCAAs will be in a drowned and resigned bourbon barrage, making my kids watch last year's highlights on YouTube, and, if I'm really going for rock-bottom, watching professional basketball.
                              Hopefully you black out before you have to resort to bouncyball.
                              Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                              ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                                and, if I'm really going for rock-bottom, watching professional basketball.
                                My god...somebody better get on the phone and have St. Paul PD do a well-being check on this guy. It's worse than we thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X