Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University vs Northeastern 3/5 and 6

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
    isn't that a new england conservatory 'dorm' across the street there? or is that just an old warehouse?
    ...and people think those sounds are people practicing their singing.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
      One goal was a breakaway where Kieran came to the top of the crease and the shot hit inside post and landed in the middle of the crease, Kieran didn't turn around quickly enough and the forward followed his shot and won the race to the puck and had an easy tip in. Not #31's fault, but a goal the top goalies need to stop.

Another goal was a shot from the point that hit #12 between the knee pad and shin pad and he was down for the count. The puck bounced to a UVM player and the UVM center made a quick move to the net since the man covering him was rolling in pain and no defender got to him before he roofed it from close range. Not #31's fault, or anyone's for that matter, just bad luck and a good job by UVM capitalizing.

The final goal Kieran let in was at the far end from my seats but seemed to be a weak goal to allow on a less than surprising wrap around move.

The other two he let in were variations of the defenders getting beat to rebounds mentioned before.
      Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
      Carter Hutton > Kieran Millan.

I guess nothing is Kieran's fault
      4 of the 5 goals I placed some blame at his feet.

Reading Comprehension > Gainzo

Comment

4 of the 5 goals I placed some blame at his feet.

Reading Comprehension > Gainzo
        Another goal was a shot from the point that hit #12 between the knee pad and shin pad and he was down for the count. The puck bounced to a UVM player and the UVM center made a quick move to the net since the man covering him was rolling in pain and no defender got to him before he roofed it from close range. Not #31's fault,

The other two he let in were variations of the defenders getting beat to rebounds mentioned before.

So those goals weren't Millans fault?
        Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Another goal was a shot from the point that hit #12 between the knee pad and shin pad and he was down for the count. The puck bounced to a UVM player and the UVM center made a quick move to the net since the man covering him was rolling in pain and no defender got to him before he roofed it from close range. Not #31's fault,

So those goals weren't Millans fault?
          Wow, your kidding right?

The first one you quoted is the 1 of the 5 goals that I feel he didn't have a chance at. Notice how it was the one that I didn't bold a portion of

And guess who gave up those rebounds Both the defenders and the goalie had a chance to stop those two goals from being scored, neither did their job, split blame. There can be more than one person at fault on a play, you know.

Comment

Wow, your kidding right?

The first one you quoted is the 1 of the 5 goals that I feel he didn't have a chance at. Notice how it was the one that I didn't bold a portion of

And guess who gave up those rebounds Both the defenders and the goalie had a chance to stop those two goals from being scored, neither did their job, split blame. There can be more than one person at fault on a play, you know.
            I'm not kidding at all.
            Let's go Lowell.

Comment

I'm not kidding at all.
              quit while you're behind, way way waaaaay behind

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                The only reason Millan gives up a goal is because his defensemen screw up?
                Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                  I was behind your mom last night.
                  Originally posted by Bakunin
                  Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                    I was behind your mom last night.
                    Sean Connery? Is that you?
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

This thread went way downhill when northeastern tried to turn the subject back to hockey.

People that go to NortheasternU are stupid... continue.
                      Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Enough with the talking about a path to the NCAAs.
                        I can tell you right now, my path to this year's NCAAs will be in a drowned and resigned bourbon barrage, making my kids watch last year's highlights on YouTube, and, if I'm really going for rock-bottom, watching professional basketball.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        i thought i put a stake in this two weeks ago when i showed the best they could get to was 13th.... and that had to go assuming nobody else ahead of them or around them plays any games. (and this was before the 1-3-0 run)
                        Let Carmine have his moment, poor guy.

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                        Sean Connery? Is that you?
                        I'll take Anal Bum Cover for 200.
                        Bugs Bunny - 96
                        Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Having watched Millan wayyyy too much this year, the thing that sticks out to me is that he gives up a freaking *ton* of juicy rebounds.
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            Having watched Millan wayyyy too much this year, the thing that sticks out to me is that he gives up a freaking *ton* of juicy rebounds.
                            He did last year too. Not as many but still quite a few. It was just less noticeable because BU's defense always did a good job of picking up the rebounds.

Comment

Looking forward to catching my first live BU game this season on Friday. Perhaps I'm the missing element to starting a long winning streak (comprised of many one game streaks of course, just like last year). Now that I think about it, the last game I watched was the regional win over UNH last year. SO I'm bringing some good mojo to Kieran.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

The only reason Millan gives up a goal is because his defensemen screw up?
                                can you read? he said millan gave up bad rebounds (Hint: that implies fault on Millan) that defenders also did a poor job of clearing (Hint: this does not imply all blame falls on the defenders). Numerous posters here, including agganis have said rebound control has been an issue for millan all along.

And the one goal he cited from friday that would be stopped maybe 25% of the time by top NCAA goaltenders. The guy was by himself at the top of the crease with no one within a 10 foot radius. he made one nice move and roofed it, not his fault that the defender covering the goal scorer was unable to get up on his own power after getting hit by the shot, leaving the forward wide open and the rest of the defense unaware an unable to shift.
                                time to write new history

Comment

Working...
                                X