Hitch up the sleds tDogs, its Iditarod time: tUMD v UAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitch up the sleds tDogs, its Iditarod time: tUMD v UAA

Hey sports fans, tUMD invades Anchorage for the final regular season tilt this weekend. And with the start of the Iditarod sled-dog race saturday, Anchorage should be hopping.

tDogs have had a rough go in 2010, but hopefully have begun to turn the sled (Iditarod reference) around. A split with a struggling goofer team (thanks for the pick friday night WCHA ref staff) may be just what the team needs to start a playoff run. Whatever the outcome, good luck to both teams, and to all tUMD and UAA fans.

stev

P.S. I wish I could make the trip for the games and the race start, what a weekend!!!

Re: Hitch up the sleds tDogs, its Iditarod time: tUMD v UAA

My goal is to visit UAA one day. Not sure when it will be but it will happen.

Too lazy to look up how the Bulldogs have done there in the past few years.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

UAA is going to purposely lose both games just to screw UND over. This is why no one likes the Seacows.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post

Too lazy to look up how the Bulldogs have done there in the past few years.
        Not sure either, but I am sure Duluth will want revenge for UAA sweeping them down there last year, for the last two games of the regular season.

Will Shyiak be on the bench?

Will UAA finally win a Friday night game?

Which goalie will start for the Seawolves?

Are all the UAA players finally healthy?

I say UMD on Friday, UAA on Saturday.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          UAA is going to purposely lose both games just to screw UND over. This is why no one likes the Seacows.
          LOL.
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            Not sure either, but I am sure Duluth will want revenge for UAA sweeping them down there last year, for the last two games of the regular season.
            I would argue now that that sweep was one of the best things that could have happened to us. After that we won 6 in a row. The team could use that for motivation or a reminder to play hard.

...in other words I'm over that and found a positive from it.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Go Seawolves! Help UAF's PairWise

Comment

Which goalie will start for the Seawolves?
                This is a question? Seriously?
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Quite being a ***** and do it.

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  And Tech is going to win both games, just to screw UND over further.
                  I have a dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    This is a question? Seriously?
                    Look at their save %. Neither one has been great. I'd actually like to see what Sidor can do.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                      Quite being a ***** and do it.
                      Okay. Someday
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

Next time UAA visits UMD, thanks to Mr. Shyiak, we have a bunch of new chants to do!
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

Next time UAA visits UMD, thanks to Mr. Shyiak, we have a bunch of new chants to do!
                          LOL, do they have something to do with a water bottle? You better hope he doesn't throw it at YOU.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

LOL, do they have something to do with a water bottle? You better hope he doesn't throw it at YOU.
                            No but thats a good idea...

There will be some sort of chant I'm sure.

Reenacting it would be good, perhaps a poster or some heckling.
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

If he throws any water bottles at UMD fans, our soon to be ex-chancellor will return to Duluth, make a rare appearance at a men's game, and dampen Shyiak's hair "by accident."
                              SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                              UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                              Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                              Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                              UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                              UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X