Nescac Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nescac Playoffs

Four good teams heading to Brunswick next weekend. Hamilton pulled the biggest upset, they are a pesky and gritty team. I was not surprised by their win over Williams. I also continue to think Trinity is a contender, they have a goalie who can be the difference maker. Middlebury had the easiest game and won handily, they will have their hands full against a fast and skilled Trinity team. Bowdoin had a great win, the kind that can create a lot of momentum. They are a good team and they are getting strong goaltending from Rossi. The problem is they don't matchup well with Middlebury. But first they will have to fight hard to beat an over achieving but well coached Hamilton team who is capable of an upset. Trinity has the kind of team to beat Middlebury, I am worried that Middlebury although much better lately has been a little inconsistent this year and they are vulnerable, to a quick team that doesn't back down or isn't intimidated. I think the winner of the Middlebury game will win the title, but this league is tough, it will come down to coaching, goaltending and a few breaks. Should be a great weekend of hockey, and the NESCAC rep, will represent well in the NCAA's.

Re: Nescac Playoffs

Originally posted by neverplayed View Post
    I think the winner of the Middlebury game will win the title.
    Evidently the league agrees. The championship trophy will be awarded following the semifinal game between Middlebury and Trinity. The championship game, scheduled for Sunday afternoon, has been changed to an "exhibition."

Comment

I for one am excited to see all three games this weekend. Personally I am hoping for a Middlebury vs Bowdoin final to give the Polar Bears a chance to avenge the game at Kenyon but I guess I should be careful what I wish for. There are certainly no easy games left. If last weekend is any indication of what is to come, goals will not come easy. The winning goalies last weekend combined for an astounding 1.12 GAA and a .942 SV% in some pressure cooked games!!

I hope the Bowdoin fans come out next weekend as strong as they did on Saturday, it makes for a great hockey atmosphere!
      Go Polar Bears Plaaaay Hockey!

Comment

Guys, face it, Middlebury is going to win
        Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

You are right. I am a fan, Trinity has best chance of beating them,based on games I saw this year

Comment

Originally posted by neverplayed View Post
            Four good teams heading to Brunswick next weekend. Hamilton pulled the biggest upset, they are a pesky and gritty team. I was not surprised by their win over Williams. I also continue to think Trinity is a contender, they have a goalie who can be the difference maker. Middlebury had the easiest game and won handily, they will have their hands full against a fast and skilled Trinity team. Bowdoin had a great win, the kind that can create a lot of momentum. They are a good team and they are getting strong goaltending from Rossi. The problem is they don't matchup well with Middlebury. But first they will have to fight hard to beat an over achieving but well coached Hamilton team who is capable of an upset. Trinity has the kind of team to beat Middlebury, I am worried that Middlebury although much better lately has been a little inconsistent this year and they are vulnerable, to a quick team that doesn't back down or isn't intimidated. I think the winner of the Middlebury game will win the title, but this league is tough, it will come down to coaching, goaltending and a few breaks. Should be a great weekend of hockey, and the NESCAC rep, will represent well in the NCAA's.
            I think Hamilton will surprise everyone and win the title.

Comment

Originally posted by D3 Hockey is the Best View Post
              I wouldn't rule it out. Hamilton played MIDD pretty tough on the big sheet this year. I was impressed with their speed, as I recall. To be honest though, I didn't expect them to make it here, and I think that Bowdoin will take em in a close one.
              from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

*bump*
                Mark it 8, Dude

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy d View Post
                  I wouldn't rule it out. Hamilton played MIDD pretty tough on the big sheet this year. I was impressed with their speed, as I recall. To be honest though, I didn't expect them to make it here, and I think that Bowdoin will take em in a close one.
                  I hope you're wrong because I've got a free lunch riding on the outcome.

Comment

Semi-final tickets were sold out immediately at Bowdoin according to the Athletic Department's announcement:

BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College Athletic Department has announced that it sold out of its allotment of tickets for Saturday's NESCAC Semifinal doubleheader at Sidney J. Watson Arena in less than two and a half hours on Tuesday. As per NESCAC regulations, Bowdoin provided tickets to the three visiting institutions and is hoping to receive extra tickets back in order to sell on Friday morning. More information will be posted on the Bowdoin website Thursday evening if extra tickets are available and when they will be available for purchase on Friday.

Bowdoin will play Hamilton in the opening game of the twinbill at 1:00 p.m. Saturday. Middlebury and Trinity will face off at 4:00 p.m. The winners will meet for the NESCAC Championship at 2:00 p.m. Sunday.

Tickets for Sunday's NESCAC Championship game will be available on-site following Saturday's semifinals.

Comment

I got my tickets today at Middlebury. Bowdoin sent over 200 adult and 100 student tickets. I'd bet that they sent the same to the two other teams ADs as well. My guess is that there will be several hundred tickets returning to Maine on the team busses. Hopefully some of these will be held to sell at the door on Saturday. Tickets will officially be on sale at Middlebury tomorrow from 10:00 to 4:00 at the main desk as you enter the Kenyon.
                      Last edited by jimmy d; 03-02-2010, 04:13 PM.
                      from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

Here's a link to some nice photos of the Bowdoin-Colby quarterfinal game.

Comment

Nothing would please me more than Middlebury getting beat in the semi's.
                          Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by D3 Hockey is the Best View Post
                            I think the team that scores more goals in the Sunday game will win the title.
                            Last edited by Euler18; 03-02-2010, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Ya think?
                              Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Working...
                              X