Nescac Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nescac Playoffs

Just got here...saw the paper. Nice article about Rossi.

Inside that page was a feature on the Bowdoin/Hamilton game where the reporter goes on at length about Hamilton Coach Bill Kangas who has been behind the Continental bench since 1991!!

Should be some great action Sat no matter who shows up to coach
    D-III Game Pics @ http://www.willcimages.com

Friends of Panther Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by WillieC View Post
      Just got here...saw the paper. Nice article about Rossi.

Inside that page was a feature on the Bowdoin/Hamilton game where the reporter goes on at length about Hamilton Coach Bill Kangas who has been behind the Continental bench since 1991!!

Should be some great action Sat no matter who shows up to coach
      Yes - that article on tomorrow's games was good for quite a few laughs - John Yarchek is the goalie for Middlebury, Nick Resar is one of Middlebury's top scorers, Middlebury led the NESCAC in goals (You would think Bowdoin's hometown reporter would at least get that fact right!!), some guy named Richard Halstein is one of Trinity's top scorers, and so on.

Comment

Yep...didn't want to hammer too hard...but it was a pretty sloppy piece.

Comment

Originally posted by d3follower View Post
          some guy named Richard Halstein is one of Trinity's top scorers, and so on.
          Actually Richard Hollstein is Trinity's captain and 3rd leading scorer.

Comment

Originally posted by rcrb07 View Post
            Actually Richard Hollstein is Trinity's captain and 3rd leading scorer.
            Oh - I know - I just thought it funny that the reporter slightly altered his name while correctly listing Hollstein's stats.

Comment

Two very good games today. D3 and Euler, I am very confident that Middlebury will win. Bowdoin's first goal was great, then they went to sleep in the 2nd period but finally wore down a tired Hamilton team that ran with a short bench. Middlebury was clinical beating a very good Trinity team 4-2 by putting the hammer down early and then closing out a game Trinity squad. I have had fun all season with you guys and I appreciate how much you love your team, they just don't match up well, I'd give you numbers that will be on the ice when middlebury scores tomorrow, but it wouldn't be fair to the kids. Bowdoin has one excellent line, but is too slow overall for Middlebury and you will see it tomorrow. If I am wrong you can enjoy telling me I was all wet all season and I will deserve it, but I won't be.

Comment

Great atmosphere at the Sid Watson Arena this afternoon. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the games. With Bowdoin and Middlebury playing at the top of their games, Hamilton and Trinity didn't match up. Both Hamilton and Trinity have some very, very good players, but not enough depth.

I was extremely impressed with Middlebury. The Panthers play with a lot of skill and make very few mistakes. They're very good -- scary good. Martin Drolet is a beautiful player to watch and a true gamebreaker. (Let me disclose that I know his parents and brother Francis, who plays at Brown. The Drolets are a very classy family.) But Martin is not alone. Middlebury is loaded. In my modest opinion, this Middlebury team is even better than the last Middlebury team to win the NESCAC tournament (in 2007). And that team played in the national championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by neverplayed View Post
                  Two very good games today. D3 and Euler, I am very confident that Middlebury will win. [...] I have had fun all season with you guys and I appreciate how much you love your team, they just don't match up well, I'd give you numbers that will be on the ice when middlebury scores tomorrow, but it wouldn't be fair to the kids. Bowdoin has one excellent line, but is too slow overall for Middlebury and you will see it tomorrow.
                  Thank you. I've also enjoyed our exchanges. You're correct about the skill level on this outstanding Middlebury team. As I've said many times before, Middlebury has set the standard of excellence for eastern Division III hockey and particularly NESCAC for a decade and a half. The Panthers are always a great team to watch.

Comment

I am very confident that Middlebury will win. [...] Bowdoin has one excellent line, but is too slow overall for Middlebury and you will see it tomorrow.
                    People like me, who are professionally trained to interpret texts from the past, are generally reluctant to make predictions. Nevertheless I am confident that both the Polar Bears and the Panthers will play with a lot of intensity and to the best of their ability. If indeed Middlebury is too good for Bowdoin, then the Panthers deserve to win and represent NESCAC in the national tournament.

Regarding the Bowdoin lines, because of the two-three system, one of the "wings" changes all the time, since it depends on the defensive trio that's on the ice. You probably mean that Dan Weiniger and Graham Sisson are the best of the four offensive pairs. But Colin MacCormick and Ryan Blossom also have quite a bit of experience and the potential to score big goals.

Comment

What an awesome rink Bowdoin has. If the interlock is discontinued, it will be a great venue to come to annually. No guest wireless though?
                      Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

NESCAC's #1 vs #2..can't beat the match-up and the Sid will be packed! Bowdoin has an outstanding facility. While it is structurally similar to Kreitzberg I find it to be superior in lighting, atmosphere and many small touches: the wall hangings with hsitory, etc and little touches lke the old Zamboni and items from the old rink's cornerstone. Well done.

A composite video of Midd's 4 goals from Saturday are posted at http://community.middlebury.edu/~foph/mindex09.html.

Otherwise, no predictions here, but if both teams show up with their "A" games we are in for an enjoyable afternoon.

Comment

I think the winner of the Middlebury[vs. Trinity semifinal] game will win the title.
                          One hour to the exhibition game between Middlebury and Bowdoin. The championship trophy was awarded last night to the Panthers at a small ceremony at the Parkside Hotel.

Comment

Do we have an update on the Midd/Bowdoin game?
                            There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                              Do we have an update on the Midd/Bowdoin game?
                              Middlebury 2 Bowdoin 0 after 1 - both goals were PP goals - Bowdoin spending way too much time in the penalty box, the second Middlebury goal having been scored on a very long 5 on 3. . .

Comment

Originally posted by d3follower View Post
                                Middlebury 2 Bowdoin 0 after 1 - both goals were PP goals - Bowdoin spending way too much time in the penalty box, the second Middlebury goal having been scored on a very long 5 on 3. . .
                                Thanks, keep it coming please.
                                There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Working...
                                X