New Hampshire vs. Boston College - March 5/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hampshire vs. Boston College - March 5/6

So, it comes down to next weekend for the Regular season championship.

UNH, somehow, has found itself atop the league needing only a tie in the last 2 games against BC.

The good news for UNH: they have played poorly the last 4 games and have somehow managed to get 6 out of 8 points. The bad news: BC is head and shoulders above Vermont and NU at this point in the season, and are downright scary. Heck, BC dominated UNH for 2/3 of the game at the Whitt back in November, and both teams are playing better than they were at that point. It will take a 60 minute (not 5 minute) effort for UNH to snag a point in that series, and I think they'll pull it off at home Friday night, but not be surprised with any result....

Schedule makers got it right this year!

Re: New Hampshire vs. Boston College - March 5/6

I would expect UNH to find at least one point next weekend. Boston College will not be the team anyone wants to see in a one game series at the Garden. This could be another situation where UNH wins the regular season crown vs. BC and BC beats UNH to take the tournament crown. I assume the Friday game is on NESN?
    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
      I would expect UNH to find at least one point next weekend. Boston College will not be the team anyone wants to see in a one game series at the Garden. This could be another situation where UNH wins the regular season crown vs. BC and BC beats UNH to take the tournament crown. I assume the Friday game is on NESN?
      yes, it is

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post

Schedule makers got it right this year!

Pretty sure the schedule makers weren't counting on the standings being the way they are!

But I'm not complaining
        Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Butler was held pointless this past weekend wasn't he? What are the odds of that happening again? He's been on fire the last couple of weeks.
          sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
            Butler was held pointless this past weekend wasn't he? What are the odds of that happening again? He's been on fire the last couple of weeks.
            looks like he had an assist on the empty net goal last night but he's been scoring consistently all year long, just a dry spell in october when the whole team started off slowly

Comment

Great to see Mike Sislo stepping up this weekend against NU. Takes a little pressure off Bobby's line. UNH is going to need Mike to continue playing well-could be a key in a playoff run.

Comment

It appears the rumors are true and all of Pinhead Nation will be in attendance. God help us all.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Looks like the 99's for dinner Friday night with a seat at the bar. The tenders know as soon as I walk in what I'm lookin' to watch.
                  sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

nobody knows re: the rs or the tournament crown....that's why they play the games.

i would agree bc likely will make it to the garden. all the pressure would be on bc to win it all though.

these two games should be interesting.

the friday game is on nesn. wish it was the other way around
                    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                      nobody knows re: the rs or the tournament crown....that's why they play the games.

i would agree bc likely will make it to the garden. all the pressure would be on bc to win it all though.

then get in your car and drive to The Heights!, tickets ARE available, unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        then get in your car and drive to The Heights!, tickets ARE available, unfortunately

i might. we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post

You think the pressure would really be on BC if these teams met in the Garden? I think it would be the opposite. UNH has been on top of Hockey East all season long and I dont think theyve beaten BC in the postseason since 1997. I think the pressure would be on them. Besides, BC seems to thrive on pressure. UNH? Not sure.
                          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

You think the pressure would really be on BC if these teams met in the Garden? I think it would be the opposite. UNH has been on top of Hockey East all season long and I dont think theyve beaten BC in the postseason since 1997. I think the pressure would be on them. Besides, BC seems to thrive on pressure. UNH? Not sure.
                            i do. you said it yourself that; "This could be another situation where UNH wins the regular season crown vs. BC and BC beats UNH to take the tournament crown." you've already got them at the garden, playing unh and winning and you're probably not alone in your thinking

Comment

I really wish I was back up in Brighton center/durham this weekend. BC tickets are so much easier to get than UNH ones - they actually gave us all free tickets in 08 for the PC hockey east game. I guess that was a gimmie for the game that BC beat UNH in at the gahden!

What is the deal with BC this year? What are UNH's odds? Can the BC Defensive game shut UNH down if UNH falls behind? I have always loved how wide open these series are, but it seems UNH has been coming from behind a few too many times this year, and it might not work against the eagles this close to playoffs.
                              "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Working...
                              X