SUNYAC Championship Lightning Round: Plattsburgh vs Oswego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUNYAC Championship Lightning Round: Plattsburgh vs Oswego

Going into the SUNYAC Championship (to be held in Oswego on Saturday, March 6th) I think we're going to see a tremendous game. For fun, I thought it'd be cool to start this lightning round thread to see what quick thoughts/comments anyone might have.

Personally, I think this is the matchup we've been waiting for. All season long the SUNYAC has been defined as Plattsburgh...Oswego...and the others. It's awesome that these two rivals are going to be battling it out for the conference title.

Admittedly, I thought there was a good chance Oswego was going home early last night - until they came back with a vengeance towards the last half of the game. They were down 2-0 at one point, and then spent the first two periods playing catch-up until they finally evened the score. From that point forward, Morrisville didn't have a snowball's chance in hell. It has been a stellar season for the Lakers, but I cannot help but feel they may be due for a surprise. Remember RIT in 2001? One team knocked them off...

Plattsburgh. As an avid Cardinals fan, I enjoy how well the team plays against their western New York rival. We're bound to see some great goaltending along with plenty of good scoring chances. Leis has earned his way into the starting goaltender spot and will be bringing his best to Oswego.

If sixth ranked Morrisville was able to wear down the Lakers, and Plattsburgh can light up the scoreboard first, I think Oswego fans may be in for a bit of a surprise. Either way, it's going to be a close game - potentially one that goes into overtime - and will require the absolute best performance these two teams can bring to the table.

I'm still debating if I'm going to be able to make the trip out there or not; but either way I'll be tuned in Go Cards!!

Re: SUNYAC Championship Lightning Round: Plattsburgh vs Oswego

Originally posted by TacoRob View Post
    Leis has earned his way into the starting goaltender spot and will be bringing his best to Oswego.
    While I agree that Leis seems to have earned that #1 spot, I think we'll see Williams in net for this one. Leis has categorically proven that he particularly struggles against the Lakers. He got pulled last time they played in the CC, and I wouldn't be surprised if Emery recognizes this pattern and starts Williams as a result.
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
      While I agree that Leis seems to have earned that #1 spot, I think we'll see Williams in net for this one. Leis has categorically proven that he particularly struggles against the Lakers. He got pulled last time they played in the CC, and I wouldn't be surprised if Emery recognizes this pattern and starts Williams as a result.
      Or, Emery might just choose to maintain the rotation, if so, Williams will start in net, whether he stays will be up to him.
      Larry Normandin
      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
        Or, Emery might just choose to maintain the rotation, if so, Williams will start in net, whether he stays will be up to him.
        ...and there's that whole rotation thing, too
        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
          ...and there's that whole rotation thing, too
          Williams played great in relief of Leis in that game at the CC. Having said that, Rossy will get the start.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
            Williams played great in relief of Leis in that game at the CC.
            Williams did play great in relief of Leis in Oswego, but the Tuesday following it was Leis who played well in relief of Williams after Ryan struggled against Middlebury. it will be interesting to see who will be in nets for both teams. my gut feeling is that Emery will keep the rotation and go with Williams and that Gosek will go back to KGT who has played out of his mind against Plattsburgh. is it Saturday yet?
            Jim Reisdorf
            Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TacoRob View Post
              Going into the SUNYAC Championship (to be held in Oswego on Saturday, March 6th) I think we're going to see a tremendous game. For fun, I thought it'd be cool to start this lightning round thread to see what quick thoughts/comments anyone might have.

Personally, I think this is the matchup we've been waiting for. All season long the SUNYAC has been defined as Plattsburgh...Oswego...and the others. It's awesome that these two rivals are going to be battling it out for the conference title.

Admittedly, I thought there was a good chance Oswego was going home early last night - until they came back with a vengeance towards the last half of the game. They were down 2-0 at one point, and then spent the first two periods playing catch-up until they finally evened the score. From that point forward, Morrisville didn't have a snowball's chance in hell. It has been a stellar season for the Lakers, but I cannot help but feel they may be due for a surprise. Remember RIT in 2001? One team knocked them off...

Plattsburgh. As an avid Cardinals fan, I enjoy how well the team plays against their western New York rival. We're bound to see some great goaltending along with plenty of good scoring chances. Leis has earned his way into the starting goaltender spot and will be bringing his best to Oswego.

If sixth ranked Morrisville was able to wear down the Lakers, and Plattsburgh can light up the scoreboard first, I think Oswego fans may be in for a bit of a surprise. Either way, it's going to be a close game - potentially one that goes into overtime - and will require the absolute best performance these two teams can bring to the table.

I'm still debating if I'm going to be able to make the trip out there or not; but either way I'll be tuned in Go Cards!!
              Did you miss the part where Morrisville had it tied up at 1 after 2 periods a few weeks ago and outshot plattsburgh in the game? and also that morrisville went 7-7 on the road this year compared to 2-9 at home? it really shouldn't have been that shocking that they gave Oswego a game.

Comment

Plattsburgh wins 5-3. The SUNYAC gets two NCAA berths.

Nothing more to say, except that I have seen the outcome already, and this is it.

(also, its high time to seriously consider firing Ed Gosek)
                Last edited by KnightsOfTheRound; 02-28-2010, 12:38 PM.
                #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                  Plattsburgh wins 5-3. The SUNYAC gets two NCAA berths.

Nothing more to say, except that I have seen the outcome already, and this is it.

(also, its high time to seriously consider firing Ed Gosek)
                  Yes! Fire Gosek!

I'm superstitious. I know what calling for Gosek's head on these boards does.

Comment

Anyone in Oswego know if tickets will be sent to Plattsburgh for the game this saturday or do we have to call down and have them held at will call? any help would be appreciated. looking forward to meeting some more Laker fans this trip down, meeting bckdraft last time was a lot of fun. nice to see Laker fans and Cardinal fans both harassing the refs together!
                    Jim Reisdorf
                    Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Tickets go on sale to the general public on Wednesday as far as I know. I believe you have to call the box office for tickets if you aren't buying in person, but don't quote me on it.
                      Benjamin Amey
                      WTOP 10 News Director 2008-2009
                      Oswego State Lakers
                      Laker Lowdown Anchor

Comment

I'm sure Oswego will make available the same number of tickets for visiting students and fans that Plattsburgh has in the past - what is that, a dozen or so???
                        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

regular season games are not controlled by the SUNYAC like playoffs are. in the regular season the school determines it's own ticket policy and prices, in the playoffs the SUNYAC controls it all. and just so we're clear, I don't agree with Plattsburghs ticket policy any more than visiting fans.
                          Jim Reisdorf
                          Standing on the Rail #59

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                            I'm sure Oswego will make available the same number of tickets for visiting students and fans that Plattsburgh has in the past - what is that, a dozen or so???
                            +1

TacoRob said: As an avid Cardinals fan, I enjoy how well the team plays against their western New York rival.

Is that Fredonia, Buff State, or Genesso? We're in Central New York.
                            Oswego State 1980 Grad
                            (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by LoudHorns31 View Post
                              Anyone in Oswego know if tickets will be sent to Plattsburgh for the game this saturday or do we have to call down and have them held at will call? any help would be appreciated. looking forward to meeting some more Laker fans this trip down, meeting bckdraft last time was a lot of fun. nice to see Laker fans and Cardinal fans both harassing the refs together!
                              my kid is still yelling Murphy your a bum every time she sees a hockey game..........and she is correct

Comment

Working...
                              X