Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SUNYAC Championship Lightning Round: Plattsburgh vs Oswego

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    my kid is still yelling Murphy your a bum every time she sees a hockey game..........and she is correct

hahaha I wonder what moron we'll end up with this weekend..... Murphy, Jones, St. Screwus I mean St. Louis, Everette..... the list can go on and on and on....
    Jim Reisdorf
    Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
      +1

TacoRob said: As an avid Cardinals fan, I enjoy how well the team plays against their western New York rival.

Is that Fredonia, Buff State, or Genesso? We're in Central New York.
      Anything west of 76° 1.0'W Longitude, is in Western New York; as Oswego's longitude is 76° 30.0' 38"W, it is in "Western New York"
      Larry Normandin
      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
        Anything west of 76° 1.0'W Longitude, is in Western New York; as Oswego's longitude is 76° 30.0' 38"W, it is in "Western New York"
        Remember, Albany is considered "upstate" NY....
        Jim Reisdorf
        Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LoudHorns31 View Post
          Remember, Albany is considered "upstate" NY....
          Anything north of 42° 57.9'N Latitude is in "Northern NY".
          Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

People who live in lower Manhattan think Yonkers is "upstate"
            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
              People who live in lower Manhattan think Yonkers is "upstate"
              Since when is Yonkers not in Upstate NY...?
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                Since when is Yonkers not in Upstate NY...?
                FYI....anything past Co-Op City in The Bx is upstate, to us NYCers

Comment

Originally posted by TacoRob View Post
                  Going into the SUNYAC Championship (to be held in Oswego on Saturday, March 6th) I think we're going to see a tremendous game. For fun, I thought it'd be cool to start this lightning round thread to see what quick thoughts/comments anyone might have.

Personally, I think this is the matchup we've been waiting for. All season long the SUNYAC has been defined as Plattsburgh...Oswego...and the others. It's awesome that these two rivals are going to be battling it out for the conference title.

Admittedly, I thought there was a good chance Oswego was going home early last night - until they came back with a vengeance towards the last half of the game. They were down 2-0 at one point, and then spent the first two periods playing catch-up until they finally evened the score. From that point forward, Morrisville didn't have a snowball's chance in hell. It has been a stellar season for the Lakers, but I cannot help but feel they may be due for a surprise. Remember RIT in 2001? One team knocked them off...

Plattsburgh. As an avid Cardinals fan, I enjoy how well the team plays against their western New York rival. We're bound to see some great goaltending along with plenty of good scoring chances. Leis has earned his way into the starting goaltender spot and will be bringing his best to Oswego.

If sixth ranked Morrisville was able to wear down the Lakers, and Plattsburgh can light up the scoreboard first, I think Oswego fans may be in for a bit of a surprise. Either way, it's going to be a close game - potentially one that goes into overtime - and will require the absolute best performance these two teams can bring to the table.

I'm still debating if I'm going to be able to make the trip out there or not; but either way I'll be tuned in Go Cards!!
                  Okay a few thoughts here.

First, You have thrown Leis under the bus all season and now you want him starting in the SUNYAC finals against the team he has melted down against twice? Williams all the way in my book if I'm calling the shots for Plattsburgh and I'm pretty sure that's who you will see Emery throw out there Saturday.

Second, why would we be surprised if Plattsburgh beat us? Plattsburgh owns Oswego in the all-time series and usually plays even better against us at the CC.

Third, This Oswego team is nothing like the 2001 RIT team. Oswego has lost twice and RIT was undefeated that year and that was the national championship.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

People who play hockey is Michigan think they're in the West
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Al Roker most have put them up to this

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh and Peekeskill. I'm going to speak at their town halls or whatever abandoned Shoney's they huddle in. I'm going to give those rock eaters something to cheer about.
                      Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Al Roker most have put them up to this
                        He does speak the truth, norm.
                        Twitter: DanMountSports
                        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          Okay a few thoughts here.

First, You have thrown Leis under the bus all season and now you want him starting in the SUNYAC finals against the team he has melted down against twice? Williams all the way in my book if I'm calling the shots for Plattsburgh and I'm pretty sure that's who you will see Emery throw out there Saturday.

Second, why would we be surprised if Plattsburgh beat us? Plattsburgh owns Oswego in the all-time series and usually plays even better against us at the CC.

Third, This Oswego team is nothing like the 2001 RIT team. Oswego has lost twice and RIT was undefeated that year and that was the national championship.
                          Couldn't have said it better myself, friend.
                          Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
                          08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
                          2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

Exactly!
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Add to us from the Norht Country, that's total bull.
                              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Bollocks! Better duck when you tell someone from Syracuse they're from "western" NY!

"Yorkus Novus est omnis divisa in partes tres." - Julius Caesar

That would be Western, Central and... The Capital District.

A number of years ago the NYTimes ran an article looking for the demarcating line between "soda" and "pop" (the real wny-cny boundry ) Seems like it was somewhere around Bort Byron- Seneca Falls.
                                Oswego State 1980 Grad
                                (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Working...
                                X