Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Cloud State vs. Mankato: Watch Your Head!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Cloud State vs. Mankato: Watch Your Head!!!

I heard Mankato West is better than Mankato East.

Comment

UND and Wisconsin fans: Go away. We'll deal with you later.
      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
        That's where you're not seeing the entire picture. This isn't setting a precedent. They did the same thing last year with Trevor Bruess. Ask the Mavs fans in this thread. The things he got suspended for weren't the worst of his hits. The problem with Marvin now and with Bruess last year is that the borderline dirty (I would argue more reckless than dirty) play progressed. The league is forced to make this decision after they see a pattern. As the pattern goes on and the conduct doesn't subside, they have to increase the penalties until the kid finally "gets it".
        Okay, I will take that side. Thank you for answering my question because of the situation in Mankato last year.

Now...back to hockey talk.

I hate the Mankato series because they usually have our number on our ice. I am not talking about 1 goal win, but a massive blowout, as we all know. Thus, I am not wasting my time and money to drive up to Minnesota to watch this. I hope St. Cloud the best and Raboin and Festler are back this weekend.
        Originally posted by Skeeterman
        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
          The drop-off in Maverick fan participation here is because everyone just goes to Shane's blog now, which he does an excellent job with, and because USCHO hasn't drawn in any new posters since about 2005.
          I do go to Shane's blog quite a bit for information. He does a GREAT job, and I contribute when I can. I also check that Western College Hockey Blog every now and then, too
          Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
          There aren't enough posts on there to account for all of the drop-off here. Perpetually being in 7-8-9 in the league will cause a loss of interest.
          Once the words, "we're compettitive in our peer group," were uttered out of the AD's mouth (paraphrased here), I pretty much knew 7-8-9 was as good as it would be for a while to come. That pretty much led to the Jutting extention and here we are. If the University doesn't want to be any better, why should we care?

I'd love to hop in the car and drive down 169 every weekend like I used to, but now the lack of success coming out of Mankato makes it all that easier to find other things to do with my time. I consider myself a very loyal fan, and will still root on the Mavs every chance I get, but the economics of being in St. Paul means something has to go--Mankato hockey has been the choice that is cut.
          Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
          Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

It would be nice to see a game that involved more than just the usual players. I know I am not the only Mav Fan that is tired of watching the same 4 Defenseman and 6-9 Forwards get all of the playing time. There has to be another way to do things.

Comment

I worked through the tiebreakers and such, and figured SCSU can finish anywhere from 2nd to 5th after this weekend. Here's where everybody could possibly finish up, taking all tiebreakers into account as well:

Denver: 1st
              Wisconsin: 2nd, 3rd, 4th
              SCSU: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
              UMD: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
              North Dakota: 3rd, 4th, 5th
              Colorado: 6th, 7th
              Minnesota: 6th, 7th
              Alaska-Anchorage: 8th, 9th
              Mankato: 8th, 9th
              Michigan Tech: 10th

Another odd quirk this weekend: Teams in top half of conference are nearly playing their own position in the bottom half (1 vs 6, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 9, 4 vs 8, 5 vs 10). only flip flop was the 3/9 4/8, and only 1 pt seperates 8th and 9th. Thought that was kind of an odd quirk when looking for teams that could catch a team in the standings by sweeping them, only to find out nobody could.

Comment

Given SCSU's recent history against Mankato State, it would really play out best if both SCSU and UW sweep their series. It's just been odd that no matter how bad a Mankato team has been that they always play SCSU well enough for at least a split. Beyond that, when the two teams have split, it's usually each team winning in the other's arena. For that reason alone I'd want to play UAA in the first round.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Yeah, i'd much rather face UAA than Mankato in the 1st round, we have slightly more success vs the Seawolves than the Mavs at our building. Just as long as we stay Top 3 after this weekend so we avoid the play-in game in the Final Five should we advance. All we need is 1 win this weekend to ensure a top 3 finish.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSUman66 View Post
                    we have slightly more success vs the Seawolves than the Mavs at our building.
                    As in we've never lost to them at home..

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                      UND and Wisconsin fans: Go away. We'll deal with you later.
                      Really! How do you plan on dealing with us, you surrendering?
                      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                      Eric's Twitter
                      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by redheadzeb View Post
                        Once the words, "we're competitive in our peer group," were uttered out of the AD's mouth (paraphrased here), I pretty much knew 7-8-9 was as good as it would be for a while to come. That pretty much led to the Jutting extension and here we are. If the University doesn't want to be any better, why should we care?
                        That phrase haunts us all, because it told us that they were perfectly willing for things to continue as they are. And the fact is, we're NOT competitive with our peer institutions. StC, Duluth, Bemidji have all done much better on a more regular basis.

After this weekend, I'll probably swear that I'm not going to renew my season tickets, just like I did last year. Then August rolls around, and I'll probably get out the checkbook again, and as long as there are enough suckers like me, they don't have any incentive to change.
                        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                          As in we've never lost to them at home..
                          i should have changed that line u quoted to the "dripping of sarcasm" font And thank you Hanowski for keeping it that way

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post

After this weekend, I'll probably swear that I'm not going to renew my season tickets, just like I did last year. Then August rolls around, and I'll probably get out the checkbook again, and as long as there are enough suckers like me, they don't have any incentive to change.
                            All I have to say is hang in there. I was at that point the last couple of years Dahl was our coach. Jutting is a really good guy, but at some point losing is going to cost him his job. I know a guy who has know Jutting since college and he told me the only reason he still has a job is because the boosters for the most part really like him as a person. I know that was the reason Dahl had his job for so long as well. At some point that will change and he will be gone.
                            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                              All I have to say is hang in there. I was at that point the last couple of years Dahl was our coach. Jutting is a really good guy, but at some point losing is going to cost him his job. I know a guy who has know Jutting since college and he told me the only reason he still has a job is because the boosters for the most part really like him as a person. I know that was the reason Dahl had his job for so long as well. At some point that will change and he will be gone.
                              I, a loyal Husky fan, hope, plead, wish, and support Troy to be the Mavs coach for many years to come, unless they replace him with...Craig Dahl. That change I could live with and I assume the Mavs boosters as well.
                              There is Hope . . .

Comment

does anyone know, is Raboin out for the series or is he going to play? I thought i read something that he was out, but I couldn't remember where and I can't find it now.
                                This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                                www.***********/johnnyredshoes

Comment

Working...
                                X