Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Cloud State vs. Mankato: Watch Your Head!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Cloud State vs. Mankato: Watch Your Head!!!

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    This thread sucks.
    You mean because it's a discussion that should be going on in the StC season thread, or a thread of its own, instead of in the StC/MSU thread?
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

This thread sucks.
      I agree. This talk should be in the SCSU thread...
      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
        why? have you read the title of this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
          The fact remains it was two hits to two different player's heads and that is what your failing to see. This probably never happens if the league had suspended Marvin for his hit on Genoway.
          The second shouldn't be a hit that a player gets suspended on. The League should have suspended Marvin longer for the first one and left this one alone. now that they didn't, if a UND or any other teams player hits a guy like that they are going to get a game. I don't think that is a good thing.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
            Because it has very little to do with this series. We have a season thread this discussion should be in. I know I am as guilty as the next guy.
            Last edited by scsutommyboy; 03-01-2010, 06:30 PM.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
              You mean because it's a discussion that should be going on in the StC season thread, or a thread of its own, instead of in the StC/MSU thread?
              Minimal talk here is okay, but the heated discussions between fans could go there, yes.
              Originally posted by willythekid View Post
              Have you ever read posts from somebody and thought they were an absolute idiot?
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Its not our fault nobody, including MSU-M fans, wants to talk Maverick hockey.
                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                  Its not our fault nobody, including MSU-M fans, wanna talk Maverick hockey.
                  It's been a down year for Maverick posters on the forum, that's for sure..

I really feel like the Mavs have a good opportunity to gain some more confidence this weekend by winning a game or two. They overall did play very well last weekend, Chevrie was just better, particularly Saturday night.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Have you ever read posts from somebody and thought they were an absolute idiot?
                    I'm doing that right now.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Re: St. Cloud State vs. Mankato: Watch Your Head!!!

The second shouldn't be a hit that a player gets suspended on. The League should have suspended Marvin longer for the first one and left this one alone. now that they didn't, if a UND or any other teams player hits a guy like that they are going to get a game. I don't think that is a good thing.
                      That's where you're not seeing the entire picture. This isn't setting a precedent. They did the same thing last year with Trevor Bruess. Ask the Mavs fans in this thread. The things he got suspended for weren't the worst of his hits. The problem with Marvin now and with Bruess last year is that the borderline dirty (I would argue more reckless than dirty) play progressed. The league is forced to make this decision after they see a pattern. As the pattern goes on and the conduct doesn't subside, they have to increase the penalties until the kid finally "gets it".
                      Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        That is the other side of the argument. However, we used to call these things hip checks for a reason. Now it's full speed with the shoulder. Hip, safe - shoulder, possibly fraught with peril.
                        Hip checks and shoulder checks are used in completely different scenarios. The D corps is supposed to use a hip check while back pedaling and the rushing forward tries to skirt by, the D man makes a sharp turn, sticks out backside, and takes out the rushing forward at the hip. There's also the rub-out while going along the boards. The shoulder check is generally used while traveling forward in an open ice situation or along the end boards while on an intersecting course with the opponents. The problem lies in that far too often players put out their arms to absorb the force of their own hit rather than tuck their arms into their bodies and lean forward with a shoulder, and that's when you see the hits to the head.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

It's been a down year for Maverick posters on the forum, that's for sure..
                          And I believe that the drop-off in interest in Maverick hockey evidenced on this board will be reflected in a drop-off in attendance at games next year. I'm already seeing crowds that don't look anywhere near the announced attendance, indicating that a lot of pre-sold tickets are going unused.

The frustration evident on the players' faces at the end of the Saturday night Denver game makes me wonder, will we see a team desperate to go into the playoffs on an upswing, or one that has packed it in?
                          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            I'm doing that right now.
                            Reading your own posts doesn't count.

Comment

And I believe that the drop-off in interest in Maverick hockey evidenced on this board will be reflected in a drop-off in attendance at games next year. I'm already seeing crowds that don't look anywhere near the announced attendance, indicating that a lot of pre-sold tickets are going unused.
                              The drop-off in Maverick fan participation here is because everyone just goes to Shane's blog now, which he does an excellent job with, and because USCHO hasn't drawn in any new posters since about 2005.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                                The drop-off in Maverick fan participation here is because everyone just goes to Shane's blog now
                                There aren't enough posts on there to account for all of the drop-off here. Perpetually being in 7-8-9 in the league will cause a loss of interest.

Comment

Working...
                                X