Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Cloud State vs. Mankato: Watch Your Head!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Cloud State vs. Mankato: Watch Your Head!!!

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    Wow! a court injuction is going to far. Take a deep breath and relax. The sad thing is I wouldn't be surprised if this Marvin's last year. Why stay and play when every little thing you do you called out on. Finger left for the same reason.

That hit was no more than a 2 minute penalty. The sad thing is the next time any hit like that happens a guy is going to have to be suspened. If it happens in the final five and the guy misses a NCAA game things are really going to heat up. Hopefully it is a wisconsin guy doing the checking next time.
    Correction: Finger left because of Craig Dahl.
    Bob is making me concerned
    I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
      I thought it was cause he finally got let out of the bathroom.

Comment

Originally posted by Montelena View Post
        The President of SCSU has much greater things to worry about. This decision came down from an executive committee - faculty reps, coaches, league officials etc. It's done and the team must move on.

Marvin is a great kid. I feel very bad for him. He plays with energy and plays hard. He's become a scapegoat for the league. Ultimately this digs a deeper hole for the league. Future infractions will have to be handled the same way for others.

Officiating in the league is marginal at best. Adding another official just diluted the overall quality of on-ice officials. There are not enough quality part-tme officials out there. It's a no-win situation.

It was a pleasure to watch the USA v Canada game yesterday. There were minimal penalties even though it was a very physical game. There could easily have been 30 infractions called by WCHA standards.

Marginal officiating, rules changes and added time-outs have done nothing but take from the enjoyment of the game.

It's probably time for McLeod to step down. The old boy network and nepotism is hurting the league right now.The league needs to move in a better direction and it obviously won't happen with the current regime.
        Is it Just Mcduffus and the WCHA or is the NCAA to blame?
        SCSU!

Comment

Well said! Like I said last week the WCHA is turning into woman's hockey. No true hockey fan thinks this is a good thing. I know the troll UND fans like it because of the hit on Genoway, but this decision will impact their team sooner or later and then they will crying about it.....
          Really! I don't think I have ever watched a UND player take out two all-American and Hobey Baker Candidates in the same season with questionable high hits. That has to be a record. Marvin is finally paying for his hit on Genoway, the league took a fire storm of criticism because of their flimsy ruling and finally the chicken came home to roost.
          Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
          Eric's Twitter
          The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

I will take off my "red tinted" glasses for a second.

The hit to Blake was illegal, as it was a hit to the head. Fine, I will agree with that. The ref missed the call as it should be a 2 minute penalty. So is there a rule in that rule book that says if the 2 minute penalty on the ice is missed, the player will get a 3 game suspension? Perhaps interference penalties that are missed should be a 1 game suspension. If this ties to the UND incident where he should have rec'd a couple of games for the Chay hit that is fine as long as it is stated as so. Does this mean that the mandatory 1 game suspension is no longer in effect?

Baby Bruce and the WCHA just got bullied, plain and simple.

This is just what I think.
            Former record holder for the most Hairy Buffaloes consumed in 1 hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
              the day the music died

SCSU: A tradition of RESPECT!

Da greatest site in da history of da world!

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                Really! I don't think I have ever watched a UND player take out two all-American and Hobey Baker Candidates in the same season with questionable high hits. That has to be a record. Marvin is finally paying for his hit on Genoway, the league took a fire storm of criticism because of their flimsy ruling and finally the chicken came home to roost.
                You make me laugh. You just can't get over the Genoway hit can you? Marvin being gone for three games means very little. It doesn't make Chay ok and it doesn't change what happened. The big picture is what matters here. If the League starts suspending players for hits like the one two weeks ago it is bad for the game. It's fine if that should be a 2 minute penalty, but you can't just suspend players for checking a guy with your shoulder because they are dumb enough to have their head down.
                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
                  I think the 3 games is suspension is really a make up call of sorts. They should have given him 3-5 games (at least) after the Chay hit.

But they didn't and they knew they screwed up so the last hit gives them their opportunity to TRY and make it right.

An injuction? really?
                  This is the whole problem with progressive discipline programs. It's like the "third strike" laws states passed. I guy steals a car and gets 6 months. He breaks into a house and gets 2 years. He steals a pack of smokes and goes away for life as a repeat offender. Applying progressive discipline without using a grain of common sense (generally thought to be of short supply in the WCHA offices) rarely works well.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                    Regardless of who got knocked out, shouldn't take another hit 3 months down the road to get a "Retroactive" suspension. WCHA took their sweet time in handing out this suspension, so what was stopping them from issuing something of the like a couple months ago?

Comment

I think a bad ruling, but lets not overreact. Marvin probably should've gotten more than one game for the Genoway hit. He didn't, so now they hand down a horrible ruling because Marvin hit someone with their head down, and while it sucks REAL short term, it doesn't change the following:

-St. Cloud has home ice
                      -St. Cloud gets a top 3 finish simply by splitting with Mankato in a home and home
                      -Marvin will be nicely rested

Even without Marvin, and even if Raboin and Festler were out this weekend, St. Cloud should be able to at least split with Mankato, and I agree, the team should be upset, should stand up for Marvin and sweep this weekend for him. Its not like the guys who will dress in Marvin and possibly Raboin and Festler's place have no skill... they need to step up and play with some intensity.

The ruling sucks, but they can use this to their advantage. Its us against the world kinda mentality.

And I agree, after all this crap, why would Marvin wanna come back? Enjoy 'cause this is the last month, month and a half you'll ever see of Aaron Marvin in college hockey.
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Bull$hit, Take a look at the you tube video on the Wisconsin hit. Marvin was stride for stride with Geoffrion, and he clearly went for the head. Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of physics will tell you the same. Whether the 3 game suspension is warranted, I won't make the call, but this hit was intentional and dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          I think a bad ruling, but lets not overreact. Marvin probably should've gotten more than one game for the Genoway hit. He didn't, so now they hand down a horrible ruling because Marvin hit someone with their head down, and while it sucks REAL short term, it doesn't change the following:

-St. Cloud has home ice
                          -St. Cloud gets a top 3 finish simply by splitting with Mankato in a home and home
                          -Marvin will be nicely rested

Even without Marvin, and even if Raboin and Festler were out this weekend, St. Cloud should be able to at least split with Mankato, and I agree, the team should be upset, should stand up for Marvin and sweep this weekend for him. Its not like the guys who will dress in Marvin and possibly Raboin and Festler's place have no skill... they need to step up and play with some intensity.

The ruling sucks, but they can use this to their advantage. Its us against the world kinda mentality.

And I agree, after all this crap, why would Marvin wanna come back? Enjoy 'cause this is the last month, month and a half you'll ever see of Aaron Marvin in college hockey.
                          I agree 100%. It should not be a big deal that Marvin is out three games. My problem with it is that if they start suspending players even one game for a hit like that it hurts the game. From what I see Mcleod now has to suspend any player who has a hit like that for at least one game. The reason I say that is It makes no sense that he would suspend Marvin if no other player would be suspended for that hit. It is a sad day for the game we all love if this is way they are going to do things.......

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

This thread sucks.
                            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by skeptic View Post
                              Bull$hit, Take a look at the you tube video on the Wisconsin hit. Marvin was stride for stride with Geoffrion, and he clearly went for the head. Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of physics will tell you the same. Whether the 3 game suspension is warranted, I won't make the call, but this hit was intentional and dirty.
                              He didn't try to go for the head. Geoffrion moved at the last second. Watch the video again, if he really wanted to kill him he could have. Even the INCH guys said he wasn't trying to hurt him and well they never say anything nice about SCSU.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

You make me laugh. You just can't get over the Genoway hit can you? Marvin being gone for three games means very little. It doesn't make Chay ok and it doesn't change what happened. The big picture is what matters here. If the League starts suspending players for hits like the one two weeks ago it is bad for the game. It's fine if that should be a 2 minute penalty, but you can't just suspend players for checking a guy with your shoulder because they are dumb enough to have their head down.
                                The fact remains it was two hits to two different player's heads and that is what your failing to see. This probably never happens if the league had suspended Marvin for his hit on Genoway.
                                Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                                Eric's Twitter
                                The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Working...
                                X