Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Cloud State vs. Mankato: Watch Your Head!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Cloud State vs. Mankato: Watch Your Head!!!

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
    I'm dead serious about this: If I were Marvin I'd get a court injunction, this is totally amatuer on the part of the WCHA. If I were the Pres. of the University I would not take this laying down. Kurtz show some spine and stick up for your team!
    *****http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing002.gif****** *****http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif******
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I'm dead serious about this: If I were Marvin I'd get a court injunction, this is totally amatuer on the part of the WCHA. If I were the Pres. of the University I would not take this laying down. Kurtz show some spine and stick up for your team!
      I think the kid could do it on his own just like the fatties on the vikings did. I am guessing they don't want to turn it into anymore of a circus then it already is. The WCHA has themselves to blame for that. The Marvin's have lots of money as well, should get the best legal representation they can find!
      Last edited by Husky4Life; 03-01-2010, 02:09 PM.
      SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
        Feel better? not really, just saying what I feel to be the case. I think whenever North Dakota plays st. cloud in the future he better keep his head up because he has a target on him now, and not just from the Sioux. And what a surprise that all of the st. cloud fans are pi s s ing and moaning about a suspension for a 2nd illegal hit to the head that injured another player

oh, and about the Lammy comment... maybe if marvin wouldn't have skated away and hid behind the refs this situation would have had some resolution.
        ******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZpmIBJ_MKas&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZpmIBJ_MKas&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
        Originally posted by Mankato student
        Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
        "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
        -- Peter Klein

Comment

what planet do you live on?

Comment

3 games is a tragedy to solid, physical hockey. The game is evolving into a panzy-mamby-pamby style of hockey. There is no longer a need to keep your head up anymore. And if you are 5'7 and a buck sixty dripping wet, you can still poke, smack and use your stick against a 6'2, 220 guy with no worries about any consequences. I remember asking Ryan Malone the biggest difference in playing in the NHL from college, and he said "if a little guy slashes my shins or hands at SCSU, nothing happens, if he does it in the NHL, he gets his *** kicked and never does it again. The hit was from in front of Geoffrion and solid as can be. It is what hockey was. I can't wait for the new pink jerseys coming soon. It is a sad day. Shame on the WCHA for whimping out on this one.

Comment

Wow! a court injuction is going to far. Take a deep breath and relax. The sad thing is I wouldn't be surprised if this Marvin's last year. Why stay and play when every little thing you do you called out on. Finger left for the same reason.

That hit was no more than a 2 minute penalty. The sad thing is the next time any hit like that happens a guy is going to have to be suspened. If it happens in the final five and the guy misses a NCAA game things are really going to heat up. Hopefully it is a wisconsin guy doing the checking next time.
              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverse Sanity View Post
                3 games is a tragedy to solid, physical hockey. The game is evolving into a panzy-mamby-pamby style of hockey. There is no longer a need to keep your head up anymore. And if you are 5'7 and a buck sixty dripping wet, you can still poke, smack and use your stick against a 6'2, 220 guy with no worries about any consequences. I remember asking Ryan Malone the biggest difference in playing in the NHL from college, and he said "if a little guy slashes my shins or hands at SCSU, nothing happens, if he does it in the NHL, he gets his *** kicked and never does it again. The hit was from in front of Geoffrion and solid as can be. It is what hockey was. I can't wait for the new pink jerseys coming soon. It is a sad day. Shame on the WCHA for whimping out on this one.
                Well said! Like I said last week the WCHA is turning into woman's hockey. No true hockey fan thinks this is a good thing. I know the troll UND fans like it because of the hit on Genoway, but this decision will impact their team sooner or later and then they will crying about it.....
                Last edited by scsutommyboy; 03-01-2010, 03:22 PM.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

I think the 3 games is suspension is really a make up call of sorts. They should have given him 3-5 games (at least) after the Chay hit.

But they didn't and they knew they screwed up so the last hit gives them their opportunity to TRY and make it right.

An injuction? really?
                  "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
                    I think the 3 games is suspension is really a make up call of sorts. They should have given him 3-5 games (at least) after the Chay hit.

But they didn't and they knew they screwed up so the last hit gives them their opportunity to TRY and make it right.

An injuction? really?
                    My problem with it is that this should not be someting a player gets suspended for. If he would have checked someone from behind or got his elbow up I could see why they would give him more than a game because of the Chay hit. This should not be more than a 2 minute penalty that was missed.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Here is my problem with it:

“I don’t think there’s any argument from anyone that it wasn’t an illegal hit,” WCHA commissioner Bruce McLeod said.
                      If it wasn't an illegal hit, how can you suspend the kid?
                      "Grab a brew, don't cost nothing"

You can't spell "rIoTiNg frEAkiNg MOronS without M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A

Comment

Originally posted by pjoyn View Post
                        Here is my problem with it:

If it wasn't an illegal hit, how can you suspend the kid?
                        He's saying that no one is claiming that it wasn't an illegal hit; in other words, everyone agrees that it was illegal.
                        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                          He's saying that no one is claiming that it wasn't an illegal hit; in other words, everyone agrees that it was illegal.
                          That's not the way I read it. I see it as, "No one is arguing that it wasn't an illegal hit."

*** EDIT ***
                          I went back and read it again. I guess I read it differently, but MavsFan is right. Just too many double negatives for me. =)
                          Last edited by pjoyn; 03-01-2010, 03:44 PM.
                          "Grab a brew, don't cost nothing"

You can't spell "rIoTiNg frEAkiNg MOronS without M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A

Comment

“I don’t think there’s any argument from anyone that it wasn’t an illegal hit,” WCHA commissioner Bruce McLeod said.

I guess McLeod hasn't listened to the st. cloud fanbase

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post

I guess McLeod hasn't listened to the st. cloud fanbase
                              Perhaps they have a different rulebook?

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....t-stuff-in-the

The actual rule states "A player shall not make contact with an opposing player's head or neck area in any manner." with the added note: "The rules committee instructs officials to use a zero tolerance policy in this area."
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The President of SCSU has much greater things to worry about. This decision came down from an executive committee - faculty reps, coaches, league officials etc. It's done and the team must move on.

Marvin is a great kid. I feel very bad for him. He plays with energy and plays hard. He's become a scapegoat for the league. Ultimately this digs a deeper hole for the league. Future infractions will have to be handled the same way for others.

Officiating in the league is marginal at best. Adding another official just diluted the overall quality of on-ice officials. There are not enough quality part-tme officials out there. It's a no-win situation.

It was a pleasure to watch the USA v Canada game yesterday. There were minimal penalties even though it was a very physical game. There could easily have been 30 infractions called by WCHA standards.

Marginal officiating, rules changes and added time-outs have done nothing but take from the enjoyment of the game.

It's probably time for McLeod to step down. The old boy network and nepotism is hurting the league right now.The league needs to move in a better direction and it obviously won't happen with the current regime.
                                "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Working...
                                X