Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Cloud State vs. Mankato: Watch Your Head!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Cloud State vs. Mankato: Watch Your Head!!!

Well adversity can either kill you or make you stronger.

I hope this ****es the guys off and they come out with their nuts on fire!
    SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
      They just admitted their officials are idiots for not even calling a penalty on this hit. So, it wasn't a penalty, but it deserved a 3 game suspension?

So, what happens next time a team gets screwed on a goal that costs them a game? Nothing, except maybe an apology letter.
      Exactly, when will the league wake up? We have the best league in the nation, yet the refs are sub par. Sad.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

They just admitted their officials are idiots for not even calling a penalty on this hit. So, it wasn't a penalty, but it deserved a 3 game suspension?
        This happens in all sports, including the NFL and NHL, etc, it happens..I think a suspension was fitting, as now I would think he'll learn his lesson.

This in no way defend our awful officiating in the WCHA though. That's a huge problem.

The winner friday night will win saturday's night.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Marvin was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The league got blasted for giving him only a game for the Genoway hit and Marvin opened the door for him.

Not only that but there have been some pretty excruciating (legal for the most part) hits to the head, but a hit to the head is supposed to be a penalty.

No surprise this came down.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Mankato's captain gets a one week reprieve.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Marvin was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The league got blasted for giving him only a game for the Genoway hit and Marvin opened the door for him.

Not only that but there have been some pretty excruciating (legal for the most part) hits to the head, but a hit to the head is supposed to be a penalty.

No surprise this came down.
              I understand the reasoning behind the crack down on hits to the head, concussions are becoming commonplace. However, I think they have overdone it. A 6' 2" guy can no longer check a 5" 8" player without a penalty being called, because it is generally going to include the small players head in some way.
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

3 games for something that wasn't even a penalty. Over the top.
                Bob is making me concerned
                I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  I understand the reasoning behind the crack down on hits to the head, concussions are becoming commonplace. However, I think they have overdone it. A 6' 2" guy can no longer check a 5" 8" player without a penalty being called, because it is generally going to include the small players head in some way.
                  That is the other side of the argument. However, we used to call these things hip checks for a reason. Now it's full speed with the shoulder. Hip, safe - shoulder, possibly fraught with peril.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

3 games for something that wasn't even a penalty. Over the top.
                    I am sure it was a decision based on Marvins past actions as well, even though the article didn't say it. Just like when you have more than one game DQ, it is cumulative. Just my two cents. I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                      too little, too late.... the Sioux aren't done with marvin yet
                      Seriously?? Do you feel better after posting that? What are they going to do, send bad boy Lammy after him again?

The hit on Genoway warranted a 3 game suspension, this is BS. Complete make up for their inadequacies from earlier in the year. Not okay, especially right at playoff time. What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                        Seriously?? Do you feel better after posting that? What are they going to do, send bad boy Lammy after him again?

The hit on Genoway warranted a 3 game suspension, this is BS. Complete make up for their inadequacies from earlier in the year. Not okay, especially right at playoff time. What a joke.
                        You sir just hit the nail on the head!
                        SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
                          Mankato's captain gets a one week reprieve.
                          Irwin better watch out next Saturday, Marvin will probably try to shank him. Or Marvin will just borrow Gigi's medal and "accidentally" smack Irwin over the head with it.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                            too little, too late.... the Sioux aren't done with marvin yet
                            A shame...because I think the Huskies are done with the Sioux.
                            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

I'm dead serious about this: If I were Marvin I'd get a court injunction, this is totally amatuer on the part of the WCHA. If I were the Pres. of the University I would not take this laying down. Kurtz show some spine and stick up for your team!
                              There is Hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post

Feel better? not really, just saying what I feel to be the case. I think whenever North Dakota plays st. cloud in the future he better keep his head up because he has a target on him now, and not just from the Sioux. And what a surprise that all of the st. cloud fans are pi s s ing and moaning about a suspension for a 2nd illegal hit to the head that injured another player

oh, and about the Lammy comment... maybe if marvin wouldn't have skated away and hid behind the refs this situation would have had some resolution.

Comment

Working...
                                X