Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Cloud State vs. Mankato: Watch Your Head!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Cloud State vs. Mankato: Watch Your Head!!!

Originally posted by johnnyredshoes View Post
    how does the tiebreaker work with Wisconsin if we finish tied with them? 2-2 head to head against them, what is the next stat used?
    SCSU will likely win the tiebreaker, unless it happens that you gain the two points as a result of two ties with Mankato while Wisconsin loses two games to MN.

The second tiebreaker is conference wins. The third is goals allowed by the two teams in their 4 game series. That is where you prevail. Thus, if you tie with Wisconsin with the same number of wins, you'll win the tiebreaker.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

thanks. i thought it might come down to goals scored in the games, but i wasn't sure.
      This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
      www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

The Huskies better bring it this weekend or they are going to lose. Mankato is not as bad as their record and the always play us tough.
        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          There was talk about Marvin getting suspended, did it happen? I didn't keep up with the rumor mill.
          Not that I know of...
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
            The Huskies better bring it this weekend or they are going to lose. Mankato is not as bad as their record and the always play us tough.
            Yep exactly right, this kinda scares me. NOW would be a good time to break their run against us as it is very possible we see them next weekend as well.
            SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Not that I know of...
              Please come back when you have grown a pair of nuts.
              SCSU!

Comment

Don't shoot the messenger... I just thought I would pass the news along.

Marvin suspended 3 games.
                http://www.wcha.com/sports/m-hockey/...030110aaa.html

Comment

Originally posted by MissSioux85 View Post
                  Don't shoot the messenger...

Wow. WCHA finally grew a set.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                    Mankato's captain was already injured once this season on a really bad cheap shot.

I'm forgetting which team that was though...
                    Anchorage? Or was that Sackrison?
                    Last edited by Bale; 03-01-2010, 12:51 PM.
                    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      Balls.

I'll be making my first trek to 'Kato for hockey, and we've got a group of 8, so should be good times.

If he was gonna get suspended, shouldn't it have already happened? Can they wait over a week to suspend someone?

I disagree. They need a split. 2 points on Friday gets us a guaranteed top 3 finish. Finishing 2nd or 3rd is UAA or MSU-M, which isn't a huge difference, particularly at home. I'd rather play a series in Mankato than in Anchorage, but you can argue we'd rather play the Seawolves in the playoffs because they're night and day in Anchorage and on the mainland. Plus even if we sweep we need the Gophers to split.

Anyone have an update on Festler or Raboin? Is MSU-M at full strength?
                      MSU is about as close to full strength as possible. Sackrison came back a couple weeks ago from a broken leg. That was our only real major injury the last couple of months. The boys came together this last weekend I thought. They deserved better than two losses this weekend. I think they play that way against 75% of the league and they come away with 3 or more points for the weekend. Cheverie is just that **** good and able to be an equalizer when the rest of the team is getting out played.
                      Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by MissSioux85 View Post
                        Don't shoot the messenger... I just thought I would pass the news along.

too little, too late.... the Sioux aren't done with marvin yet

Comment

For those that don't want to follow another link here is the release from the WCHA

MADISON, Wis. – The Western Collegiate Hockey Association today (March 1) announced it has suspended St. Cloud State University junior hockey player Aaron Marvin for the next three games as a result of his actions in a recent game played at the University of Wisconsin on February 20.

The supplemental disciplinary action was taken after discussions between officials at St. Cloud State University and the WCHA Executive Committee and Commissioner Bruce M. McLeod.

“Player safety is of paramount concern to all of us in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association and players are responsible for conducting themselves in a proper manner,” said Nancy Sampson, Faculty Representative from the University of Denver and Chair of the Association and Commissioner McLeod in a joint statement. “Our student-athletes need to make every possible effort to play within the spirit of the rules and know that they will be held accountable for their actions.

“The Association, through its administrators and officials and member team administrators, coaches and student-athletes, will continue to work together to address concerns in a responsible and constructive way.”

– WCHA –

Comment

Mcleod, YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!
                            There is Hope . . .

Comment

What a joke.
                              SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
                                Mcleod, YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!
                                They just admitted their officials are idiots for not even calling a penalty on this hit. So, it wasn't a penalty, but it deserved a 3 game suspension?

So, what happens next time a team gets screwed on a goal that costs them a game? Nothing, except maybe an apology letter.
                                Bob is making me concerned
                                I am the voice of reason

Comment

Working...
                                X