Oswego State 2009-2010 Playoff Disappointment Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oswego State 2009-2010 Playoff Disappointment Thread

Since the regular season thread is about to get locked, I wanted to give an appropriate alternative to continue the discussion.

Enjoy.
    2010 D-III NCAA Tournament Pick'em Champion (Perfect Bracket)
    2008-09 USCHO MIAC Correspondent
    2007-09 WGSU Geneseo Play-by-play announcer
    Bracketologist For That Other Site

Re: Oswego State 2009-2010 Playoff Disappointment Thread

So, who do you think will be in goal next weekend.

I am guessing Williams for Plattsburgh and KGT for Oswego.

Although after tonight, who knows. Anyone think we see Beckwith next weekend?

I don't believe we will see Leis as it is Williams turn in the rotation and Leis has struggled against the Lakers this year.

Comment

At least we're still playing Josh...at least we're still playing.

More than 80 percent of the country can say, including your Ice Knights.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Ah, I'm disappointed I went out drinking tonight. I had an awesome thread title in mind. Congrats Morrisville, I really like the effort tonight. 2012, Morrisville will be the Pool A entrant from the SUNYAC, book it.

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
          Ah, I'm disappointed I went out drinking tonight. I had an awesome thread title in mind. Congrats Morrisville, I really like the effort tonight. 2012, Morrisville will be the Pool A entrant from the SUNYAC, book it.

They are losing their best player in May...
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Seriously, bitter much Josh? Considering the fact that this was probably the first season since the title year that the Lakers weren't supposed to even contend for the NCAA's, I really don't think, in the grand scheme of things they can disappoint. Will I be disappointed when their season ends? Of course. But this team won't be a playoff disappointment. More like a gift that many teams would be jealous of considering the crop of young talent on this team.
            Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
            08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
            2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
              Will Geneseo be ineligible allowing a lesser Morrisville team to sneak into the final playoff spot that year, too?

Geneseo proved last week they would have held on to win this game

Comment

Originally posted by nysportsfan29 View Post
                Seriously, bitter much Josh? Considering the fact that this was probably the first season since the title year that the Lakers weren't supposed to even contend for the NCAA's, I really don't think, in the grand scheme of things they can disappoint. Will I be disappointed when their season ends? Of course. But this team won't be a disappointment. More like a gift that many teams would be jealous of considering the crop of young talent on this team.
                I love these posts. You all need to take me a lot less seriously. I sure do.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

They are losing their best player in May...
                  Take a note of this, I'm about 80% sure it will happen. You're pretty good at understanding my thought process, they'll develop some mid-level talent and like Relkoff (wrong spelling, I think) Morrisville will get a goaltender that would have slipped through the D-III recruiting cracks and will be one of the top-3 goaltenders in SUNYAC.

One thing I like about Morrisville is that they don't try to be something they're not. As in, they know they'll have to grind out wins, but they can beat top teams through relentless pressure and good goaltending. Even though they've had their difficulty in SUNYAC, I think in the next two years, they'll make the next step.

Comment

Very disappointed tonight on how badly Laker's defense played. Gunn Taylor didn't look interested, defense couldn't get the puck out of their own end and turned it over several times in front of their own goal. Only one offensive line looked good and skated hard, everyone else looked slow and out of it most of the game (Selleck played like he had been kicked in the head!) Showed a lot of guts to shake it off and come back but if they play anything like this again they're finished. Let's hope it was just a aberration and they play like they have all year next weekend. Beckwith or Gunn Taylor, going to be an interesting decision for Gosek.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Carey View Post
                      Will Geneseo be ineligible allowing a lesser Morrisville team to sneak into the final playoff spot that year, too?

Geneseo proved last week they would have held on to win this game
                      If it makes you think any better of me, I am of the belief that Geneseo will be in the same conversation with Oswego and Plattsburgh in 2012. Despite the situation this year, Geneseo is a program moving forward as a competitor. The coach has proved he can be successful recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by skipperbob View Post
                        Very disappointed tonight on how badly Laker's defense played. Gunn Taylor didn't look interested, defense couldn't get the puck out of their own end and turned it over several times in front of their own goal. Only one offensive line looked good and skated hard, everyone else looked slow and out of it most of the game (Selleck played like he had been kicked in the head!) Showed a lot of guts to shake it off and come back but if they play anything like this again they're finished. Let's hope it was just a aberration and they play like they have all year next weekend. Beckwith or Gunn Taylor, going to be an interesting decision for Gosek.
                        In line with one of your observations, I really hope Selleck doesn't get discouraged but the penalties called on him recently. He needs to play with an edge in order to be successful. As he's said before, he can't help how hard he hits opponents, only the position in which he does it. I know Gosek has been disappointed in how many penalties have been called against him for merely using his size as an advantage. If Eric can stay out of the box and on the scoresheet, Oswego will go far in the postseason.

Comment

Re: Oswego State 2009-2010 Playoff TRIUMPH Thread

Originally posted by Josh Carey View Post
                          I love these posts. You all need to take me a lot less seriously. I sure do.
                          I know you're not really bitter Josh. Probably just a little down in the dumps that Oswego continues to outshine the Blue Wave errrr Ice Knights of GenEASYo
                          Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
                          08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
                          2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

Re: Oswego State 2009-2010 Playoff TRIUMPH Thread

Originally posted by nysportsfan29 View Post
                            I know you're not really bitter Josh. Probably just a little down in the dumps that Oswego continues to outshine the Blue Wave errrr Ice Knights of GenEASYo
                            Seeing as they beat Oswego in the last game of the year, perfect way of antagonizing Josh.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Rennell View Post
                              So, who do you think will be in goal next weekend.

I am guessing Williams for Plattsburgh and KGT for Oswego.
                              My guess is KGT, because he's the only Oswego goalie who's beaten Plattsburgh (let alone twice) in ... well, too long. His D did him no favors last night and Morrisville was just totally outhustling and outscrapping Oswego at the start.

Neither Laker goalie was exactly channeling Pat Street last night. But then Pat Street isn't channeling Pat Street these days.

Whoever's in goal, it's gonna be exciting!
                              at the lonely end of the rink/you and me

Comment

Working...
                              X