Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State 2009-2010 Playoff Disappointment Thread

Originally posted by JMD9 View Post
    Its also tough to get students to stay because dorms close at 8am on Saturday at the latest... the game isn't until 7pm... and then some students wouldnt be able to drive home after the game and would have to stay another night in the dorms costing them $30.... so plus the $3(+?) ticket.... i'd say its not necessarily worth it for the average student
    This should be an instance where if the students buy a ticket to the game, they get that fee waived and can stay the extra day. It's worth it to have the crowd there.
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
      This should be an instance where if the students buy a ticket to the game, they get that fee waived and can stay the extra day. It's worth it to have the crowd there.
      Exactly, absolutely, automatic, no-brainer, so easy a cave-man.... sorry - lost my head for a second there.

Or I suppose crashing at your friend's off-campus apartment or a sorority house is a good option...
      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by JMD9 View Post
        Its also tough to get students to stay because dorms close at 8am on Saturday at the latest... the game isn't until 7pm... and then some students wouldnt be able to drive home after the game and would have to stay another night in the dorms costing them $30.... so plus the $3(+?) ticket.... i'd say its not necessarily worth it for the average student
        Geneseo kept the dorms open in '05 for the quarterfinal game against Trinity, so long as you could prove you'd bought a ticket. Not that it helped. Or was a game anybody wanted to see. Better than the next year, I suppose.
        2010 D-III NCAA Tournament Pick'em Champion (Perfect Bracket)
        2008-09 USCHO MIAC Correspondent
        2007-09 WGSU Geneseo Play-by-play announcer
        Bracketologist For That Other Site

Comment

Pretty sure you've got a career in Oswego Administration ahead of him.

Comment

Originally posted by WTOPAsstChief View Post
            Pretty sure you've got a career in Oswego Administration ahead of him.
            I'm going to campaign for it on Saturday. Mr. Hale should be rather receptive.

Comment

So anyone who wanted to stay but not go to the game could buy a $5 ticket and get a $30 fee waived, and still not go to the game?
              Last edited by one_to7; 03-12-2010, 01:21 PM.

Comment

I'm going to campaign for it on Saturday. Mr. Hale should be rather receptive.
                Just so long as if you happen to be sitting up by the glass at the game or get in line early, you must set a proper example of being a good, clean, fun loving Laker fan .
                "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                this is for you."
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Ranger View Post
                  Just so long as if you happen to be sitting up by the glass at the game or get in line early, you must set a proper example of being a good, clean, fun loving Laker fan .
                  That's one example I've never set before in my life. I'm an obnoxious SOB.

Comment

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post
                    So anyone who wanted to stay but not go to the game could buy a $5 ticket and get a $30 fee waived, and still not go to the game?
                    Who would want to stay in Oswego just to dick around?

Comment

+1
                      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

I heard Bowdoin was playing this repeatedly on the team bus on the way down tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8THGqrjUDGI
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

People using public transportation, people who need to wait an extra day for their parents to pick them up, people who are going away for spring break and it's more convenient to leave a day later.

I don't know, but there's got to be some people or else they wouldn't offer them the extra day for $30. I highly doubt the only people staying are those going to the hockey game.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            I heard Bowdoin was playing this repeatedly on the team bus on the way down tonight.

*****http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs114.snc1/4687_801266523387_8633155_49395280_7871592_n.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post
                              People using public transportation, people who need to wait an extra day for their parents to pick them up, people who are going away for spring break and it's more convenient to leave a day later.

I don't know, but there's got to be some people or else they wouldn't offer them the extra day for $30. I highly doubt the only people staying are those going to the hockey game.
                              Now's not the time to be Debbie Downer, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

I heard Plattsburgh was watching this classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC2cs88XK1g

Comment

Working...
                                X