Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oswego State 2009-2010 Playoff Disappointment Thread

Originally posted by sticksnstones View Post
    Laker nation better hope you are wrong about this. "Oswego gets up to play Geneseo, minus the game last week which meant nothing to the Lakers." I know good and well that is not the mindset any of those players, and especially Gosek, had for that game. I would want an undefeated SUNYAC season, an undefeated goalie, and yes, a #1 ranking. Forget targets on the back.
    So Oswego should've just said they outplayed geneseo but didn't get the breaks their way? I mean, that's what Plattsburgh seems to do after every loss...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Rennell View Post
      So, who do you think will be in goal next weekend.

I am guessing Williams for Plattsburgh and KGT for Oswego.

Although after tonight, who knows. Anyone think we see Beckwith next weekend?

I don't believe we will see Leis as it is Williams turn in the rotation and Leis has struggled against the Lakers this year.
      My 2 cents.......KGT (16 1 0 GAA 1.94 SO 0 SV% .918) has had a great season; Beckwith (8 1 0 GAA 1.90 SO 0 SV% .928) has had a great season. KGT beats Platty 2x; Beckwith has played 17 minutes (career) vs Platty 0 goals. KGT has struggled of late, pointed out by several people. Beckwith has played well. In 26 games Oswego has given up 3 or more goals only 5 times KGT has started 4 of those?? Hmmmmmmmmm However.....KGT has faced the better team every split weekend. Hmmmmmmmmm. Someone stated that you can't count on one man beating Platty 3x in a season. PERHAPS!!!! Beckwith gets the nod!!!!

Williams (10 1 1 GAA 1.89 SO 0 SV% .917) is a good goaltender. Quieted Oswego when he replaced Leis at the Campus Center--> KUDO'S. Played well in his 1st start @ Norwich, gave up 3 of 4 in a 5 min span of the 2nd game vs Norwich, Hmmmmmmm Leis (8 3 3 GAA 1.66 SO 2 SV% .932) was the luckiest goaltender I've ever witnessed, in his game at Elmira. Score could have been 7 - 1. But it was a 1 - 1 tie instead. Can one Platty goalie lose to the Lakers 3x in a season. Leis gets the nod! I hope Oswego --> 5 - 4 in one of the best games in Campus Centers short history
      Last edited by Oldtimehockey; 02-28-2010, 10:22 PM.
      Oldtimehockey

Comment

So I think a new chant is in order for the game this weekend.

In honor of Hince thinking that he's better than the team, Oswego fans should shout 'Where's Hince Now?!' after the Laker goals. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by WTOPAsstChief View Post
          So I think a new chant is in order for the game this weekend.

In honor of Hince thinking that he's better than the team, Oswego fans should shout 'Where's Hince Now?!' after the Laker goals. Thoughts?
          At this point in the season, such a chant would be about as fresh as a Foghat concert?
          Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
          A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
          A Handful of ECAC West Championships
          A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
          Some National Championships:
          Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
          Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Originally posted by Dyce View Post
            At this point in the season, such a chant would be about as fresh as a Foghat concert?
            Hey. Don't talk about Foghat like that.

But yeah, if you're going to deride the other team, how about focusing on someone actually *on* said team?

Comment

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post
              Hey. Don't talk about Foghat like that.

But yeah, if you're going to deride the other team, how about focusing on someone actually *on* said team?
              But Hincey's fall from grace is so much fun to poke at
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                But Hincey's fall from grace is so much fun to poke at
                I doubt the rest of the current team really cares though. Whatever, just be as loud and as crazy as possible as often as possible. Doesn't really matter what you say or why

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

They are losing their best player in May...
                  Relkoff is a junior.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Russell, I do need to call you on the carpet. What was with your joy over the Lakers trailing to MoVille? Just wondering.
                    Twitter: DanMountSports
                    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                      Russell, I do need to call you on the carpet. What was with your joy over the Lakers trailing to MoVille? Just wondering.
                      I'm guessing he was just caught up in the moment, witnessing what (at the time) looked like one of the greatest upsets in recent history. Everybody, not an oswego fan, who pays any attention to DIII hockey was likely wrapped up in the moment when Mo'ville went up by 3. Just sayin...
                      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                        I'm guessing he was just caught up in the moment, witnessing what (at the time) looked like one of the greatest upsets in recent history. Everybody, not an oswego fan, who pays any attention to DIII hockey was likely wrapped up in the moment when Mo'ville went up by 3. Just sayin...
                        Exactly.

That and as I was telling my photographer while I was typing, man this is going to be fun getting people all riled up.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

He's a Potsdam fan, for him the ideal outcome of the SUNY Finals is both teams blowing up. Literally.
                          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post
                            So Oswego should've just said they outplayed geneseo but didn't get the breaks their way? I mean, that's what Plattsburgh seems to do after every loss...
                            It seems that way, but this is totally unrelated to anything I said.

So I guess no matter what the score is, we can all agree, Plattsburgh WILL be the better team on the ice

Comment

To everyone who is not an Oswego fan, Oswego is the Darth Vader of the SUNYAC, and along with Elmira has taken the place of RIT as the home of the most annoying fans on USCHO
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                                To everyone who is not an Oswego fan, Oswego is the Darth Vader of the SUNYAC, and along with Elmira has taken the place of RIT as the home of the most annoying fans on USCHO
                                Says the guy from the CCCP.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X