Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oswego State 2009-2010 Playoff Disappointment Thread

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
    2012, Morrisville will be the Pool A entrant from the SUNYAC, book it.
    Maybe the Mayans were right... the world just might end in 2012?!?!?!?!?!
    If WNYO provides the "Voice of the Lakers" does that mean I'm the "Face of the Lakers?"

WTOP Sports Director & PxP 2009-2010

Comment

Anyone thinking that Beckwith is going to start is smoking some really good stuff.

Why would Gosek change things up now?
      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
        Anyone thinking that Beckwith is going to start is smoking some really good stuff.

Why would Gosek change things up now?
        For the simple reason that KGT has not played well for the last 3 games. He has not been focused and has allowed questionable goals. The only reason KGT has beaten Plattsburgh twice was because he was the only goalie playing those 2 games. If Beckwith had played a game and KGT had played a game and Beckwith had lost, I can see your logic. That being said, if Gosek is true to form you will see KGT in net against Plattsburgh because he always goes with his regular season starter regardless of current events (read Potter even when his "cramps" came to light in important games). The real problem last night was that the defense was awful. Why would you start Van Boxmeer in a playoff game when you had no confidence in him during the last half of the season. Not to let the offense off the hook, what has happened to the Fox, Selleck, Laginier (sp) line? The have not been on the same page for the last few games. Have the individually decided that they are the stars of the team. Last night was the night of the strange bounces in which Oswego managed to pull out a win. It is a testement to the character of the team that they battled back after being down 3-0 to win the game.

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
          Seeing as they beat Oswego in the last game of the year, perfect way of antagonizing Josh.
          That sound you heard was Laker Nation collectively slapping themselves after reading NY's post

Seriously though, as someone who is pulling for Oswego now that my team is eliminated (Reasons: Gotta stay SUNYAC, friends who go there, and I owe it to those who hooked me up with tickets for the Oswego vs. Plattsburgh game) I am concerned. Anyone think they peaked too early?
          Geneseo Ice Knights Color Commentator 2008 - 2009

Listen to GSU Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by SB in the 'Seo View Post
            Anyone think they peaked too early?
            Eh, I think Oswego is going to pull things together when it matters. See my prediction in the other thread. Plattsburgh is going to win on Saturday (does Oswego ever beat Plattsburgh in big games at the Campus Center?), but Oswego is going to be the team celebrating at Lake Placid.

Really, the collective seasonal panic attack of Laker Nation is refreshing for how familiar and predictable it all is.
            #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by JMD9 View Post
              Maybe the Mayans were right... the world just might end in 2012?!?!?!?!?!
              Ha, good one!

Comment

Beckwith will start on Saturday. Mark it down. Why? Here's why:

1) KGT has been playing like crap lately. In the last 130minutes he's given up 8 goals. He gave up two to Brockport, three to Geneseo, and three to Morrisville in the first 10 minutes. Let's face it, Gosek leaves KGT in and we are talking about the biggest upset in Morrisville history. I think the team had gotten complacent with KGT behind them, and it's obvious that even the loss to Geneseo did not shake them out of it.

2) Plattsburgh has seen KGT twice. It is exceptionally hard at this level for a team to beat another three times in the same season, let alone the same goalie. Plattsburgh hasn't seen Beckwith, which could lend the Lakers an advantage.

Oh, and about the Geneseo game. I was there. First off, Geneseo is not a better team overall than Oswego is. Geneseo was a better team that day. That game was a combination of Oswego apathy and Geneseo treating that game as their championship game. Geneseo played with emotion, with drive, and Oswego didn't. But if Geneseo had been playing Oswego last night, they never would have had a three goal lead to hang on to. Oswego gets up to play Geneseo, minus the game last week which meant nothing to the Lakers. Oswego really never has gotten up to play Morrisville, ever. They feel Morrisville will just roll over and play dead. Hopefully they won't take the Mustangs lightly anymore.
                Benjamin Amey
                WTOP 10 News Director 2008-2009
                Oswego State Lakers
                Laker Lowdown Anchor

Comment

Originally posted by SB in the 'Seo View Post
                  That sound you heard was Laker Nation collectively slapping themselves after reading NY's post
                  Really?

I was basing my comments on the assumption that Josh started following Geneseo the same year I started following Oswego - our freshman year of 05-06. If I'm wrong on that, feel free to correct me.

Since the 05-06 season Geneseo has 1 SUNYAC title and has played in only 1 NCAA game (a game they lost 8-2 to UMD).

Since 05-06, Oswego has had a longer season than Geneseo 4 times, has about 30 more victories, has played in more NCAA games, has ended Geneseo's season once (twice if you count this year, which I guess you technically could, but I won't) and has a National Championship.

One game doesn't do anything to change all that. I'm not taking anything away from Geneseo for that game, but I certainly don't think saying that Oswego outshines Geneseo is cause for Laker Nation to smack themselves.

Perhaps I'm wrong, though. If I am, sorry to my fellow Laker fans.
                  Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
                  08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
                  2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

Originally posted by nysportsfan29 View Post
                    Since the 05-06 season Geneseo has 1 SUNYAC title.

Since 05-06, Oswego has???

any how many SUNYAC titles does Oswego have since that time????

sorry, just had to throw that in there.
                    Jim Reisdorf
                    Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

No worries Loud Horns. I certainly recognize that stat. But we also have the most National championships in the Sunyac since then
                      Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
                      08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
                      2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

Really?

I was basing my comments on the assumption that Josh started following Geneseo the same year I started following Oswego - our freshman year of 05-06. If I'm wrong on that, feel free to correct me.

Since the 05-06 season Geneseo has 1 SUNYAC title and has played in only 1 NCAA game (a game they lost 8-2 to UMD).

Since 05-06, Oswego has had a longer season than Geneseo 4 times, has about 30 more victories, has played in more NCAA games, has ended Geneseo's season once (twice if you count this year, which I guess you technically could, but I won't) and has a National Championship.

One game doesn't do anything to change all that. I'm not taking anything away from Geneseo for that game, but I certainly don't think saying that Oswego outshines Geneseo is cause for Laker Nation to smack themselves.

Perhaps I'm wrong, though. If I am, sorry to my fellow Laker fans.
                        I'll let Josh speak for himself, but he started in Geneseo in 04-05 so he covered both SUNYAC titles.

My comments weren't a shot at you, but just building off collegehky's post. So any issues/problems should have been directed at him. Based on his comment I got a mental picture of him (and possibly other Lakers fans) doing a facepalm. That's all, just decided to share a mental picture I got, not taking at shot at you, Oswego, Geneseo, or anyone else.
                        Geneseo Ice Knights Color Commentator 2008 - 2009

Listen to GSU Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by LoudHorns31 View Post
                          any how many SUNYAC titles does Oswego have since that time????

sorry, just had to throw that in there.
                          I'll take a national title over a conference title, thanks.

Comment

Really?
                            Started in '04-'05. Sat in the studio for the first championship, was on the ice for the second. Not really concerned with the rest of your post
                            2010 D-III NCAA Tournament Pick'em Champion (Perfect Bracket)
                            2008-09 USCHO MIAC Correspondent
                            2007-09 WGSU Geneseo Play-by-play announcer
                            Bracketologist For That Other Site

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Carey View Post
                              Started in '04-'05. Sat in the studio for the first championship, was on the ice for the second. Not really concerned with the rest of your post
                              Umass-Dartmouth! *clap clap clappity clap*

Comment

Originally posted by OSUBamey View Post
                                Oh, and about the Geneseo game. I was there. First off, Geneseo is not a better team overall than Oswego is. Geneseo was a better team that day. That game was a combination of Oswego apathy and Geneseo treating that game as their championship game. Geneseo played with emotion, with drive, and Oswego didn't. But if Geneseo had been playing Oswego last night, they never would have had a three goal lead to hang on to. Oswego gets up to play Geneseo, minus the game last week which meant nothing to the Lakers. Oswego really never has gotten up to play Morrisville, ever. They feel Morrisville will just roll over and play dead. Hopefully they won't take the Mustangs lightly anymore.

Laker nation better hope you are wrong about this. "Oswego gets up to play Geneseo, minus the game last week which meant nothing to the Lakers." I know good and well that is not the mindset any of those players, and especially Gosek, had for that game. I would want an undefeated SUNYAC season, an undefeated goalie, and yes, a #1 ranking. Forget targets on the back.

Comment

Working...
                                X