Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gophers-Badgers: Not Good Enough for Mariucci

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Are SCSU fans going to fill the arena? Enjoy all the empty seats.
    Much better then sitting next to your sorry *** fan base. Enjoy the last 4 maybe 5 games of your year.
    SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post
      Much better then sitting next to your sorry *** fan base. Enjoy the last 4 maybe 5 games of your year.
      Easy there, Jan.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        Easy there, Jan.
        No kidding. Pretty cocky fan base considering their NCAA tournament history. They might as well be in Minnesota's situation. Neither one of them is winning an NCAA tournament game this season.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          Easy there, Jan.
          Its always Marsha Marsha Marsha !!

Comment

Even though you wont be at the FF
            We have only missed one FF since 1993 and that was back in 1998 so I wouldn't count them out just yet.
            Originally posted by CavalryNate
            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
              We have only missed one FF since 1993 and that was back in 1998 so I wouldn't count them out just yet.
              So are you going to beat UND at UND 2 out of 3 or will you beat UMD at UMD 2 out of 3?

Good luck with that.
              SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                No kidding. Pretty cocky fan base considering their NCAA tournament history. They might as well be in Minnesota's situation. Neither one of them is winning an NCAA tournament game this season.
                If your going to neg rep me, at least sign it. Personally I thought this was a pretty funny comment. And also a very true comment.

Comment

So are you going to beat UND at UND 2 out of 3 or will you beat UMD at UMD 2 out of 3?

Good luck with that.
                  It would be pretty tough to do your right but you never know with this Gopher squad they have shown flashes of a team that can win a game or 2.

The only thing we can really count on for sure is Jan Brady losing there 1st round NCAA game.
                  Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    btw, how relevant were the North Stars when they had their problems? The fact is the Gophers have to compete with several other entities in town while the Sioux and Badgers do not, so it is not unexpected nor any sort of sign that they don't draw as well in periods of poor play.
                    Last time I checked, the Twin Cities is a far larger market than either Madison or Grand Forks and therefore has 5 to 10 times the amount of potential customers in addition to the myriad entertainment options that us rural folks don't have. If only there was something, ANYTHING else for us to do other than Badger hockey.

And what are Gopher fans going out and doing instead of going to the games? The T-wolves? The Wild? The Opera? Aren't most if not all of the seats season tickets? If so, you're not relying on a walk up or general public sales. You're relying on your fans showing up.

I'm not gonna say that everyone has to show up every game to support a mediocre team, but I get tired of the "We have more entertainment options than you" excuse for poor Gopher attendance. You don't, and it's not the reason people aren't showing up at the mooch.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

And what are Gopher fans going out and doing instead of going to the games?
                      Well I heard that synchronized pole dancing is at Mariucci this Friday and Saturday night so that might be fun.
                      sigpic

Comment

You don't, and it's not the reason people aren't showing up at the mooch.
                        What is corporate business?

The fact of the matter is the state of hockey has more levels of hockey to support than virtually any where else in the country. If the Wild or Gophers do poorly many people will follow the Edina Hornets or their neighbors midget A team for example.
                        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                          If your going to neg rep me, at least sign it. Personally I thought this was a pretty funny comment. And also a very true comment.
                          Meh... I say we just assume that it was Husky4Life and take it out on him.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                            The fact of the matter is the state of hockey has more levels of hockey to support than virtually any where else in the country. If the Wild or Gophers do poorly many people will follow the Edina Hornets or their neighbors midget A team for example.
                            I won't argue how much hockey you have, but are you telling me that the season ticket holders are eating their tickets and going to the local rink instead? I'm thinking that they're Gopher fans more than general fans of hockey and my guess is they're sitting home or going to a movie.

I'll be the first to admit that it can be a real chore to go to a Badger game when they're not any good and I have to kick my own a-s-s out the door at times. But I don't ever say, screw it, I'm going to the Madison Edgewood HS game instead of the Badgers.

Comment

I won't argue how much hockey you have, but are you telling me that the season ticket holders are eating their tickets and going to the local rink instead? I'm thinking that they're Gopher fans more than general fans of hockey and my guess is they're sitting home or going to a movie.

I'll be the first to admit that it can be a real chore to go to a Badger game when they're not any good and I have to kick my own a-s-s out the door at times. But I don't ever say, screw it, I'm going to the Madison Edgewood HS game instead of the Badgers.
                              The ones not showing up are probably the corpies. The tickets get eaten then. You should see how hard it is for people to get rid of T-Wolves tickets around here.

Some season ticket holders live far away. I know folks who come in from Hibbing for example. Easy to say screw it when you have that far to come and the product is in a bad state.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

But I don't ever say, screw it, I'm going to the Madison Edgewood HS game instead of the Badgers.
                                Around here people do it all the time.
                                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X