Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers-Badgers: Not Good Enough for Mariucci

Originally posted by GopherRock View Post
    Could one of you hockey snobs please explain to me why, from a fan's perspective, the Target Center is such a hideous hockey arena? I agree it ain't the X or the Mecca, but it was pretty solid. I was there on Wednesday night for the 2AA/6AA double bill, and I thought that the place was fine. Yes, I have sat in the top deck at the Kohl Center, so I know what bad hockey seats look like. At least you could see the whole ice surface here. Also, it's much better than places like America West Arena in Phoenix or the Seattle Center Coliseum, where the whole end of the seating bowl pushed back to fit in the ice.

http://barney.gonzaga.edu/~pbuxton/keyarenahockey.JPG
    I remember it as having horrible sight lines. Even for basketball a lot of the seats are terrible. It was the typical Minnesota cheap when it was built. Xcel broke that trend.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherRock View Post
      Could one of you hockey snobs please explain to me why, from a fan's perspective, the Target Center is such a hideous hockey arena? I agree it ain't the X or the Mecca,
      I think that's the key point. There may be worse arenas for hockey, but this one's not that good. Historically the ice has been bad, although I think they have upgraded the ice plant. The sightlines are set for squeekball and that makes the lower bowl too flat for hockey - I'm not a shrimp but I had to look around the head of the guy in front of me. There are handrails in the sightlines of many, many seats. A lot of Gopher fans hate it because the lower bowl is significantly smaller than Mariucci, so long time season ticket holders get moved to the upper deck (we get lucky and stay in lower bowl).

ETA: For high school section finals and next year for semi-finals it'll be better than the alternatives. Way better than squeezing into BIG or something.
      Last edited by goldy_331; 03-05-2010, 10:50 AM.

Comment

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, listen to the game live on the radio, or wait until 10 and be "surprised".

Comment

Anyone have a projected Minnesota lineup for tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
            I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, listen to the game live on the radio, or wait until 10 and be "surprised".
            Since I'll fall asleep before the televised edition is over, I'm going to listen to the radio. If the Badgers win I'll watch the replay (and record it so I can see the end, if desired, tomorrow).

Comment

I'll watch the Blackhawks and listen to the Badgers and then watch the replay if we win.

Just in case any of you care.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                I'll watch the Blackhawks and listen to the Badgers and then watch the replay if we win.

Just in case any of you care.
                Sounds like a good plan to me. Can't wait for Bur's return Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                  Anyone have a projected Minnesota lineup for tonight?
                  This has been the lineup for the Gophers the past few weeks anyway.

UM
                  Cepis - Schroeder - Budish
                  Lucia - Carman - Sacchetti
                  Hoeffel - White - Hansen
                  Birkholz - Larson - Flynn

Leddy - Fischer
                  Ness - Fairchild
                  Wehrs - Helgeson

Kangas
                  Originally posted by CavalryNate
                  Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                    Sounds like a good plan to me. Can't wait for Bur's return Sunday!
                    I heard he may be back soon and that he's been practicing. Sunday?

Excellent!

I've been a Hawks fan(late 70's) longer than a Badger fan(early 80's) and it isn't needed that a Badger be on the team, but it's really cool when there is one(or 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      I heard he may be back soon and that he's been practicing. Sunday?
                      That's what he said in his interview with Homer on ESPN Wisconsin radio earlier this week. He seemed very certain, though not 100%.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

MN posters; since trash talking isn't going to work this year (and I'm not good at it anyway) what's wrong with the boys? While I enjoy seeing UM struggle, inquiring minds want to know your opinions.

You've got 20+ draftees. I've read the fire tDon thread and I understand the heat's on. The kids can't play together? tDon can't bring them together?
                        Thoughts?
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

On the discussion of tv for tonight's game...the big 11 network on Charter as 5 alternate channels up in the 300's in addition to the regular channel, 73. Why doesn't the big 11 network show the game live on one of the 300 channels and then show it delayed on 73?

There's no way I can wait until 10 to watch the game and be "surprised". Hopefully 1310 WIBA will come in loud and clear on the radio. That's not always the case out here in the boonies of se WI.

LET'S GO RED!!!!!!!!
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            On the discussion of tv for tonight's game...the big 11 network on Charter as 5 alternate channels up in the 300's in addition to the regular channel, 73. Why doesn't the big 11 network show the game live on one of the 300 channels and then show it delayed on 73?

There's no way I can wait until 10 to watch the game and be "surprised". Hopefully 1310 WIBA will come in loud and clear on the radio. That's not always the case out here in the boonies of se WI.

LET'S GO RED!!!!!!!!
                            Game will be on this internet stream - Wally and Glen, can't possibly beat them.
                            http://www.kycr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ex_goldy View Post
                              Game will be on this internet stream - Wally and Glen, can't possibly beat them.
                              http://www.kycr.com/
                              Thanks for the tip.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Thanks for the tip.
                                According to this schedule, AM 540 out of Milwaukee has the game.

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/onair/on_air_schedule.php

If you can't get it over the air, as I believe they have a weak signal, it may be streamed on their site. Sometimes, games are not streamed and they put syndicated stuff on instead, but it's worth a try.

Comment

Working...
                                X