Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers-Badgers: Not Good Enough for Mariucci

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    RinkPig = vw = uw14. I'll bet you a 12 pack that posts from these "guys" are coming from the same address....his parent's address.
    You know, I have to say that uw14 seems to have made some drastic improvements in the last few months. However, I am not sure if a) uw14 has actually matured a bit, or b) VW has raised the bar so high that uw14 can no longer compete for most ridiculous (read: idiotic) posts by a Badger fan. Hey! I'm not really arguing here, but I wanted to point out the steps that uw14 has made recently (in my eyes, anyways).

Also, with all this talk about tickets, I'm looking for some for Friday. I posted over in the tickets forum. Thought we had them, found out today that my buddy didn't have them...
    I love hockey!!!

Comment

Some weekend predictions:

1. Grotting will cheap shot some Gopher with a hit that is twice as dirty as anything Marvin has ever done; and Eaves will cry when Lucia or Flynn beat down Grotting in retaliation.... and of course the same Badgers fans who are crying over the Marvin thing will all say it wasn't bad and/or the Gopher guy had it coming.

2. Nick "the quick" Leddy will show why he is the best former Minnesota HS hockey defensive recruit to play in the WCHA since Ballard. 2 goals for the former EP Eagle. 0 for McDouchie and GardenCock.

3. Drunkin Badger fans making their first trip to Minny will realize how much better our state is than that hell hole they call Wisconsin...they will decide to move here and join all the other transplants that have infested our state from the East....thus, their children will lower our standardized test scores ... on a positive though, our economy will get a boost from increase in liquor sales, Copenhagen, Nascar T-shirts, and blaze orange hunting jackets.

4. After the Gophers smoke Becky Badger, Rinkpig will put ChuckSwartz in his place yet again with his clever quips and spot on analysis on how The Golden Gophers beat you dirty Badgers dispite the fact this is our worst team since the Wooger years.

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
        4. After the Gophers smoke Becky Badger, Rinkpig will put ChuckSwartz in his place yet again with his clever quips and spot on analysis on how The Golden Gophers beat you dirty Badgers dispite the fact this is our worst team since the Wooger years.
        I'm still waiting for you to rebuttal my answers to your first set of questions. Here is the link if you're too stupid to find it.
        Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 03-02-2010, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          I'm still waiting for you to rebuttal my answers to your first set of questions. Here is the link if your too stupid to find it.
          Fail.

Not to encourage him, but I had to point this out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
            Fail.

Not to encourage him, but I had to point this out.
            Funny part is I actually thought about that as I was writing it, yet still failed to do it correctly. I'm far from a scholar, I'll readily admit that.

Comment

No posts since 10:53 pm? This series has all the fire and brimestone of a Tech UAA matchup. I even leave myself open to ridicule by ripping Kangass and no rodent fans does anything. What is this world coming too?

I guess the humbled rodent fans are a rather boring bunch. I kind of miss the rodentsota arrogance. But I don't miss it enough to want to see them not suck.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                No posts since 10:53 pm? This series has all the fire and brimestone of a Tech UAA matchup. I even leave myself open to ridicule by ripping Kangass and no rodent fans does anything. What is this world coming too?

I guess the humbled rodent fans are a rather boring bunch. I kind of miss the rodentsota arrogance. But I don't miss it enough to want to see them not suck.
                The season is over and we don't care. Pretty simple. We would rather talk about if Don Luica should be coaching or if the players are responding. Heck we would rather talk about the Section finals or the Twins.
                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Are the gophers in the high school playoffs? That's who's playing at Target Center
                  Bob is making me concerned
                  I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                    The season is over and we don't care. Pretty simple. We would rather talk about if Don Luica should be coaching or if the players are responding. Heck we would rather talk about the Section finals or the Twins.
                    It's been amazingly quiet this season with you guys struggling and NoDak not up to their usual level.

As for us, while we're good, I don't feel overly confident about our chances. Being hopeful doesn't inspire me to talk very much smack.

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
                      Some weekend predictions:

1. Grotting will cheap shot some Gopher with a hit that is twice as dirty as anything Marvin has ever done; and Eaves will cry when Lucia or Flynn beat down Grotting in retaliation.... and of course the same Badgers fans who are crying over the Marvin thing will all say it wasn't bad and/or the Gopher guy had it coming.

2. Nick "the quick" Leddy will show why he is the best former Minnesota HS hockey defensive recruit to play in the WCHA since Ballard. 2 goals for the former EP Eagle. 0 for McDouchie and GardenCock.

3. Drunkin Badger fans making their first trip to Minny will realize how much better our state is than that hell hole they call Wisconsin...they will decide to move here and join all the other transplants that have infested our state from the East....thus, their children will lower our standardized test scores ... on a positive though, our economy will get a boost from increase in liquor sales, Copenhagen, Nascar T-shirts, and blaze orange hunting jackets.

WOW!!! I got nothing
                      The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                        Are the gophers in the high school playoffs? That's who's playing at Target Center
                        I wish. I think they'd beat EP. Not sure about Tonka though.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                          I wish. I think they'd beat EP. Not sure about Tonka though.
                          I can't remember the last time Minnesota had this much trouble scoring goals, 1 player with double digit goals and its the last week of the season. They have the talent and have more then enough time to get line match ups set. They have been coming around a bit lately but i'm just having a hard time putting my head around this. Are these players just overrated or is it really coaching??
                          The Quest For 7

Comment

Hopefully Bucky shows up to play. No matter how bad the Gophers may be, they always elevate their game when they play the Badgers and its going to be a hard-fought series.
                            I hope the Badgers blow the Gophers right out of the building. Losing to the Gophers is never, ever, ever, eeeeeeeeever an option!
                            A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                            Originally posted by MadCityRich
                            He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                            Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                            Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                            "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
                              Hopefully Bucky shows up to play. No matter how bad the Gophers may be, they always elevate their game when they play the Badgers and its going to be a hard-fought series.
                              I hope the Badgers blow the Gophers right out of the building. Losing to the Gophers is never, ever, ever, eeeeeeeeever an option!
                              No it isn't, but it is going to be a difficult series. We will need better goaltending then we have had and we are going to have to get to Kangas,. Get him off his game, don't let him see pucks and make his life a living hell for 120 min. If we do that I like our chances. If we shoot harmless shots into his stomach without screens or tips minnesota can steel points like they did earlier in the year. The gophers are playing pretty similar to how they did when they came to madison. Not setting the world on fire but really are not playing too bad of hockey right now. To get a split at UMD is no easy task. I am fairly confident about how UW is playing right now but in this series you can't get over confident, because these games can be wacky games.
                              The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                                The season is over and we don't care. Pretty simple.
                                Even when UW sucks, which is more often than I 'd care to remember, there was always plenty of heat to dish out for the rodents. We always had hope until we were eliminated, at least in my eyes.

It's Wisconsin vs Minnesota. That's all I should have to say and you people should be all over the better dead than red BADgers.

I am fast losing respect for you rodent fans. Well, that's a stretch, but it sounds good.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X