PDA

View Full Version : At Least Make It To Double Digit Points...Please? Michigan Tech at UND, 3/5-3/6

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

The Rube
03-01-2010, 11:58 PM
It's Gina, isn't it? :D

MNS: I have no clue what hotel we're at. All I know is that it's a 2 Star Hotel, it's $60/night, and it's by the mall. :o

"miss"fit
03-02-2010, 12:00 AM
Welcome to the Boards!

Don't I get any credit for finally getting you on here?
yes i suppose...gulke, you get credit...you just didn't whine at me every week for an entire semester ha

SiouxTechie
03-02-2010, 12:21 AM
Hey Gina, welcome to the boards. :)

HostileAndAbusive
03-02-2010, 12:29 AM
Bars: Booze is not in short supply. If you want lively, head downtown. Gilly's is for tools, Joe Black's would be perfect if it weren't the weekend (gets very busy). Sledster's, Muddy Rivers, and Crosstown would be my recommendations if you're going downtown. Not downtown I would say El Roco and Rumor's.

Shuttles: Most bars have them. I know the Rock and Rumor's do for sure, and to-go cups are available for the ride.

Taxis: There are several companies. Hard to say. You can call and they'll tell you a half hour and be there in 10 minutes...or they'll be there in 1/5 hours. The closer you get to bar close without it being bar close the easier it will be. However, taxis hangout by bars by 1:30 to 2. I never really took a taxi home...we always had someone who drove.

Off the beaten path, but still downtown, is Rhombus Guys pizza. It's a block off of Demers on 3rd Ave & Kittson. Good beer on tap, best pizza in a three or four state span.

The Rube
03-02-2010, 12:38 AM
Off the beaten path, but still downtown, is Rhombus Guys pizza. It's a block off of Demers on 3rd Ave & Kittson. Good beer on tap, best pizza in a three or four state span.

I'll put Broadway Pizza and Pizza Luce (from personal experience) and Savoy's (from hearsay) against that. All in the Twin Cities area. :)

Shirtless Guy
03-02-2010, 12:42 AM
I'll put Broadway Pizza and Pizza Luce (from personal experience) and Savoy's (from hearsay) against that. All in the Twin Cities area. :)First off, Chicago is within a 3 or 4 state radius so I don't see him being right, Second, best pizza I've ever had is still Cranky Pat's in Neenah, WI :p Third, I will put Broadway up there as the closest I've had from the Twin Cities.

MinnesotaNorthStar
03-02-2010, 12:45 AM
Off the beaten path, but still downtown, is Rhombus Guys pizza. It's a block off of Demers on 3rd Ave & Kittson. Good beer on tap, best pizza in a three or four state span.Rhombus Guy's is tiny though. Their pizza is one thing I never tried for some reason...

SiouxTechie
03-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Rhombus Guy's is tiny though. Their pizza is one thing I never tried for some reason...

They have a downstairs. And their pizza is awesome. :D

MinnesotaNorthStar
03-02-2010, 12:50 AM
yes i suppose...gulke, you get credit...you just didn't whine at me every week for an entire semester haDon't give him any credit for anything. No one else does. :D

The Rube
03-02-2010, 12:55 AM
First off, Chicago is within a 3 or 4 state radius so I don't see him being right, Second, best pizza I've ever had is still Cranky Pat's in Neenah, WI :p Third, I will put Broadway up there as the closest I've had from the Twin Cities.

Edwardo's is another one that is excellent. I think the TC location is dunzo, though.

MinnesotaNorthStar
03-02-2010, 12:57 AM
It's Gina, isn't it? :D

MNS: I have no clue what hotel we're at. All I know is that it's a 2 Star Hotel, it's $60/night, and it's by the mall. :oDoesn't narrow it down. There's the Fairfield, Road King, Comfort, Lakeview, Ambassador, Days, and the C'mon Inn all close to Columbia Mall. The Travellodge, Holiday Inn Exp., Happy Host, Lucky, and CanadInn can be considered close to the mall too....:p

The Rube
03-02-2010, 12:59 AM
Doesn't narrow it down. There's the Fairfield, Road King, Comfort, Lakeview, Ambassador, Days, and the C'mon Inn all close to Columbia Mall. The Travellodge, Holiday Inn Exp., Happy Host, Lucky, and CanadInn can be considered close to the mall too....:p

Ask bbdl. I'm just along for the ride. :p

I'd guess it is along the lines of the Comfort/Travel Lodge, etc, it being a 2 star. Holiday I can see being a 3 star only on name, and the rest? 1 star.

Shirtless Guy
03-02-2010, 01:00 AM
Doesn't narrow it down. There's the Fairfield, Road King, Comfort, Lakeview, Ambassador, Days, and the C'mon Inn all close to Columbia Mall. The Travellodge, Holiday Inn Exp., Happy Host, Lucky, and CanadInn can be considered close to the mall too....:p

Comfort Inn I think...

The Rube
03-02-2010, 01:02 AM
Comfort Inn I think...

Good. I was kinda afraid of the name "C'mon Inn." :o

MinnesotaNorthStar
03-02-2010, 01:03 AM
Good. I was kinda afraid of the name "C'mon Inn." :oThat's actually a nice one...some rooms have hot tubs in them...

The Lucky Inn on the other hand...:D

The Rube
03-02-2010, 01:08 AM
That's actually a nice one...some rooms have hot tubs in them...

The Lucky Inn on the other hand...:D

I know I've heard about the Lucky Inn. That.....that place is BAD.

HostileAndAbusive
03-02-2010, 01:20 AM
First off, Chicago is within a 3 or 4 state radius so I don't see him being right, Second, best pizza I've ever had is still Cranky Pat's in Neenah, WI :p Third, I will put Broadway up there as the closest I've had from the Twin Cities.

My mind was running in the terms of a 3 or 4 total state area, not span. I wouldn't put it in the same arena with Edwardo's or Bricks.

Rhombus Guy's is tiny though. Their pizza is one thing I never tried for some reason...

They added a second floor, as well as seating on the roof (open in the spring when the lower two floors are flooded.)

Come to think of it, my all-time favorite bar in Grand Forks has to be the Parrot's Cay. It's south of 32nd ave on Washington. Cheap pitchers and the best drunk food in Grand Forks. It's a good place to do your day-drinking.

Also, I can't believe you people go to El Roco.

MinnesotaNorthStar
03-02-2010, 01:25 AM
Also, I can't believe you people go to El Roco.See, now this just ruins your credibility right here. :D

When I lived up there I was a regular at that place, and my old roommate used to be a DJ there, knew the owners fairly well. Judging from pics I've seen that place has changed quite a bit in the year since I've moved.

The Rube
03-02-2010, 01:29 AM
See, now this just ruins your credibility right here.

Psst, I heard the same thing from a certain Sioux poster now based in Denver, whom you know very well.

MinnesotaNorthStar
03-02-2010, 01:42 AM
Psst, I heard the same thing from a certain Sioux poster now based in Denver, whom you know very well.
He hardly ever went out in the first place...and I already knew his thoughts on it...:p