Merrimack - Up, Up and Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merrimack - Up, Up and Away

Anyone else wish to acknowledge the elephant in the room?

2-14-1 in games away from Lawler Arena.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
      I believe that if you check, you'll find that Albie O'Connell had a lot to do with finding and recruiting DaCosta, Bigos as well as Mike Collins, who will be coming next year. Albie, of course, is trying to do the same thing at Northeastern. Merrimack has some very good recruits coming next year, especially on defense where they will really be useful.

Sorry Ryecheers...I should have said Coach D's staff. My bad.
      As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
        Anyone else wish to acknowledge the elephant in the room?

2-14-1 in games away from Lawler Arena.
        Which is why home ice is so important.
        As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
          Lowell beat Merrimack in the quarterfinals 2 games to none in 1994.
          Thanks for the memories Scott.

Comment

I would love to see the Mack make the playoffs with home ice advantage. It would be great for the program.

I would love for Providence to be able to have a resurgance like Merrimack is doing this year, next year. It would do wonders for the league and College hockey in the Northeast.
            BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
            National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
            Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
              I would love to see the Mack make the playoffs with home ice advantage. It would be great for the program.

I would love for Providence to be able to have a resurgance like Merrimack is doing this year, next year. It would do wonders for the league and College hockey in the Northeast.
              totally agree

Comment

So, as it stands, MC needs a little help in getting home ice. First and foremost, they need to sweep Providence. Than for help, they need a split in the BU/NU series and they need VT to take 3 of 4 from UML...out of the question? No...but I wouldn't be putting a wager on it happening unfortunately...either way, sweet Providence and see where the cards lay afterwards...hopefully they will get the home ice. If not, there is really only 1 team I do NOT want to see them face in round 1 and that is BC.

Comment

Hey you know Merrimack would probably win a national championship if they played every game at Lawler Arena.
                  Last edited by tangledupinblue; 03-01-2010, 08:08 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by tangledupinblue View Post
                    Hey you know Merrimack would probably win a national championship if they played every game at Lawler Arena.
                    Or the Coffin.

Comment

Best stretch in Hockey East Merrimack has ever had......

Nice road win

Comment

It will be interesting to see if Braithwaite starts tomorrow for Senior night. I think it would have been a lock if Maine had beaten Umass tonight. I think Dennehy will start him anyway. What a crappy move by Tim Army not to start Simpson tonight and to still not put him in after pulling Beaudry.

Comment

oh to be playing pc at home to clinch a playoff spot. i may come up tomorrow just to watch. should be a fun atmosphere.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Nothing but kudos to MC. Good for the program and good for HE if they get in.
                            Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
                              It will be interesting to see if Braithwaite starts tomorrow for Senior night. I think it would have been a lock if Maine had beaten Umass tonight. I think Dennehy will start him anyway. What a crappy move by Tim Army not to start Simpson tonight and to still not put him in after pulling Beaudry.
                              Eh I dunno Chief...in my mind and it should be in everyone's that you treat tomorrow as a must win game. I say treat it no differently than any other must win game...play the hot goalie. Cannata coming off a shutout to me is the choice that should be made.

I agree if we clinched a spot it might be a different story. What are other's takes on this?

I also agree that the move by Army to not play the senior was a low blow...especially with nothing to play for. However, just playing devil's advocate..there are some who have the mentality that you should put your club in the best position to win no matter what they're playing for. That being said, I for one would have started Simpson.
                              Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

looks like the highest probablility is either a series at lowell or at maine next weekend, but there are other scenarios as well. im just hoping its not at maine simply because i dont wanna drive to orono.
                                MERRIMACK WARRIORS

Comment

Working...
                                X