RPI @ Cornell - 2/27/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ Cornell - 2/27/10

Final game of the regular season and after tonight we'll know the playoff matchups.

RPI can still finish 5th or 6th and play host to a number of schools depending on how things shake out tonight. Cornell is looking for a share of the league crown on senior night with a win and a Yale loss, however they are locked into the #2 seed for the playoffs. Cornell will also be honoring their 1970 undefeated national championship team. That said, I wouldn't be expecting Cornell to take this game too lightly, even though it has no effect on their playoff standing.

I'll be out in CT for the women's game but should be following along on the radio tonight. Let's go RPI!
    APBWiki

Re: RPI @ Cornell - 2/27/10

Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    Ralph Baer         3- 2- 1  7 points  .583
    engineerhockeyfan  3- 2- 0  6 points  .600
    fr joe             2- 3- 1  5 points  .417
    FlagDUDE08         2- 0- 0  4 points 1.000
    Red Cloud          2- 1- 0  4 points  .667
    rpihockeyfan13     1- 2- 1  3 points  .375
    NYhockeyguy        1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Waite21            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    GRussinko          1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    DrDemento          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    burgie12           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cumulative 2003-4 - 2009-10 Thread-Starting Statistics

Code:
    fr joe            15-23- 5 35 points  .407
    engineerhockeyfan 14-17- 4 32 points  .457
    Ralph Baer        13-21- 5 31 points  .397
    hockeyhound       11-13- 1 23 points  .460
    Red Cloud         11- 2- 1 23 points  .821
    GRussinko          7-12- 0 14 points  .368
    rpihockeyfan13     5- 5- 1 11 points  .500
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    DrDemento          3-10- 3  9 points  .281
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0  8 points 1.000
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    jericho            2- 5- 0  4 points  .286
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    Waite21            1- 3- 1  3 points  .300
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    NYhockeyguy        1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    REDRocket          1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    burgie12           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Autostart="false">

Alma Mater
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Autostart="false">
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
      Cornell will also be honoring their 1970 undefeated national championship team.
      And RPI will honor our 1971 team who broke their streak with a 6-3 victory in Troy very early in the next season.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Just want to finish the rgular season strong and have something positive to go into the playoffs with. We did not play all that badly last night but we just gave up 3 power play goals (and up until Princeton we had not been guilty of that so often). Also, Colgate did a very good job on covering Polacek all night-he had few if any chances.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Just want to finish the rgular season strong and have something positive to go into the playoffs with. We did not play all that badly last night but we just gave up 3 power play goals (and up until Princeton we had not been guilty of that so often). Also, Colgate did a very good job on covering Polacek all night-he had few if any chances.
          I thought that last night was a pretty even game, both teams had missed chances and they both played fairly well.
          Tonight will be just one more test. I sometimes forget that most of our best players are freshmen.
          Games like last night and the Freakout, we need our best players to play their best. With a group of youngsters, we have to understand that they are still learning.
          I am not sure how important tonight's game is. I would love to beat Cornell in their building. I am sure that we would get a lift from that. But once the playoffs start, it is a new season. And we have three quarters of the team that knows what that is all about.
          I would like to see a well played game for sixty minutes. If we come out of last night without a "let down" performance, it will tell me that the team is learning.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

If we play Cornell like we did at the HFH, a win should be in our reach. Plus, we seem to play good against good teams anyway. Go RPI, Go Chase, I want us to be the 5th seed.

Comment

GRuss, let me know if you want to trade scores. I will be in Ithaca the whole time (alumni event for whe nthe game is going on).

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                I thought that last night was a pretty even game, both teams had missed chances and they both played fairly well.
                Tonight will be just one more test. I sometimes forget that most of our best players are freshmen.
                Games like last night and the Freakout, we need our best players to play their best. With a group of youngsters, we have to understand that they are still learning.
                I am not sure how important tonight's game is. I would love to beat Cornell in their building. I am sure that we would get a lift from that. But once the playoffs start, it is a new season. And we have three quarters of the team that knows what that is all about.
                I would like to see a well played game for sixty minutes. If we come out of last night without a "let down" performance, it will tell me that the team is learning.
                Agreed-on the NHL channel broadcast they did a few close up biography pieces and a couple of the Colgate players were 24 or 25 years old. That is indeed a lot of experience to deal with for our younger players. Colgate played a very decent game and for the most part this one could have been a tie but for our poor performance on the PK.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

The RPI women defeated Quinnipiac 1-0, tieing the playoff series 1-1. The deciding game will be played tomorrow afternoon.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    The RPI women defeated Quinnipiac 1-0, tieing the playoff series 1-1. The deciding game will be played tomorrow afternoon.

And it will be live on WRPI, game time is 2 PM.
                    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

If folks wouldn't mind, could you include time on the penalties and goals? Tom and I will both be at the Q-Yale game with the Q band so we'll be depending on the game thread here for updates at WaP.
                      APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Woo! Way to go, ladies!

4 goals in 4 games gives them a season split, with the rubber match tomorrow. Simply amazing.

Let's go RED! It would be great for the team to be going into the playoffs with yet another win under their belt.
                        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                          Woo! Way to go, ladies!

Let's go RED! It would be great for the team to be going into the playoffs with yet another win under their belt.

I hope you're talking about the men, because the women's playoffs already started.
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                            I hope you're talking about the men, because the women's playoffs already started.
                            Perhaps I should have put a couple more lines in between those two statements. Yes, I was referring to the men winning tonight and spoiling the party in Ithaca.
                            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              GRuss, let me know if you want to trade scores. I will be in Ithaca the whole time (alumni event for whe nthe game is going on).
                              Get your arse to the rink and tell us who is dressed...
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                              X