View Full Version : RPI @ Colgate 2/26/10

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Ralph Baer
02-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Goodbye bye.

:(

GRussinko
02-26-2010, 08:28 PM
This puts RPI in a bad spot, needing to win a game against a very strong Cornell team, at Lynah, on senior night in order to guarantee 5th place. With SLU still just one point back, and facing Harvard tomorrow night, the Cornell game becomes a lot more important than we might have wanted.

The difference between 5th and 6th is that of drawing a depleted, injury-ridden Clarkson squad or any of Harvard, Dartmouth, Princeton, or Brown next weekend.

jmhusker
02-26-2010, 08:37 PM
This puts RPI in a bad spot, needing to win a game against a very strong Cornell team, at Lynah, on senior night in order to guarantee 5th place. With SLU still just one point back, and facing Harvard tomorrow night, the Cornell game becomes a lot more important than we might have wanted.

The difference between 5th and 6th is that of drawing a depleted, injury-ridden Clarkson squad or any of Harvard, Dartmouth, Princeton, or Brown next weekend.
Tomorrow really doesn't matter. 5th or 6th is fine. SLU will probably lose again anyhow.

What a boring game to watch on TV. Fridgen must be Canadian for Sominex. One camera swiveling back to back and a play by play man with a monotone. Plus it wasn't in HD and hockey just isn't right that way.

DrDemento
02-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Tomorrow really doesn't matter. 5th or 6th is fine. SLU will probably lose again anyhow.

What a boring game to watch on TV. Fridgen must be Canadian for Sominex. One camera swiveling back to back and a play by play man with a monotone. Plus it wasn't in HD and hockey just isn't right that way.

jm-Tomorrow really does matter-I dont think we want to go into the playoffs with 3 straight losses. Of course we would rather draw Clarkson than the other 3 you mentioned but I think it more important to go in with a win behind us. We also need to not suffer any freak injury tomorrow-we will need to be at full strength for any playoff run.

klumpmypants
02-26-2010, 09:19 PM

You mean a Clarkson team playing better than they have all year? Are you crazy? They have now won 3 of 5, nearly 4 of 5 if they could have held on to beat Yale. That's 3 of the 4 league games they won all year. How does that make them depleted?

Frankly, I'd say Harvard is the ideal team we would want to play. They are what I would call the coldest team in the league. The only way they play RPI though is if they lose to SLU, Princeton ties Brown, and RPI gets passed by SLU.

Just beat the Big Red.