Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eastern D-III hockey -- where do we go from here???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Eastern D-III hockey -- where do we go from here???

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
    Well both USM and UMass-Boston have until Aug 1st to make the call as to whether or not they will join the MASCAC or stay in the ECAC East.
    Since the ECAC-E was looking for a long-term commitment, is no response as good as saying they're going to the MASCAC (or whatever it might change its name to)?
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Their schedule for next season does not include the ECAC E. Roger over

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
      Still no official word from the NESCAC? whiskey tango?!

r
      Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Not really, I believe the ECAC gave them to Sept 1st, it was the Mass league that set the Aug first date
        Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
          Since the ECAC-E was looking for a long-term commitment, is no response as good as saying they're going to the MASCAC (or whatever it might change its name to)?
          The deadline for new teams joining the MASCAC is Aug 1...For a long term commitment the ECAC East deadline is Sept 1..

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
            The deadline for new teams joining the MASCAC is Aug 1...For a long term commitment the ECAC East deadline is Sept 1..
            Alright. Still seems to me that we will effectively have an answer by Sunday, though. Unless they have some third option I'm unaware of in which they can turn down the MASCAC and turn away from the ECAC-E.
            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23

Comment

Alright. Still seems to me that we will effectively have an answer by Sunday, though. Unless they have some third option I'm unaware of in which they can turn down the MASCAC and turn away from the ECAC-E.
              They are staying in the ECAC EAST...

Comment

If true, that is good news. Otherwise Armageddon will result.
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                  If true, that is good news. Otherwise Armageddon will result.
                  For you, maybe. The Elmira fan in me was absolutely salivating over the idea of being in a superleague with an AQ. Guess that won't be happening.
                  Plattsburgh CARDINALS

Comment

That is great news for the East. Thanks for the update!!!!!!

Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

For you, maybe. The Elmira fan in me was absolutely salivating over the idea of being in a superleague with an AQ. Guess that won't be happening.
                      Agreed. And in 2011/12 there is no guarentee that any ECAC-W team will be part of the tournament.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

We still have two openings to join the East!!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Agreed. And in 2011/12 there is no guarentee that any ECAC-W team will be part of the tournament.
                        Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
                          That is great news for the East. Thanks for the update!!!!!!
                          Where you getting this from?? Big meeting coming up on thursday out in springfield. ECAC East, Northeast, West. No idea what it is about but all coaches and AD's were invited!! This should shed some light on the subject??

Comment

Ask Hockeyfan77 he has the inside scoop right from USM. I'm just an old Sports Information guy from the Wick.

Originally posted by nefan View Post
                            Where you getting this from?? Big meeting coming up on thursday out in springfield. ECAC East, Northeast, West. No idea what it is about but all coaches and AD's were invited!! This should shed some light on the subject??
                            Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Originally posted by nefan View Post
                              My guess is that they will be asking for a commitment from all teams in the ECAC (4 years)...Who knows, if the teams from the west voice their concerns maybe there will be some reshuffling, but I am told all the teams in the ECAC East want to be in the same division...I will try and find out some more info next week but it's my understanding the EAST will remain the same (maybe adding a team or two??? not sure on this one)...
                              Last edited by hockeyfan77; 07-30-2010, 08:13 PM.

Comment

I think they will be playing the DivII schools just once and they will not be in the league.
                                Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Working...
                                X