Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI V: Chase for the Championship (and Hobey)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI V: Chase for the Championship (and Hobey)

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
    That being said, the 9th Commandment is not meant to spurn healthy discussion on topics with which we may not agree. Also, this does not mean you can't call out folks who head toward the exits with several minutes left to play in the third when the team is down by a few. The First Church routinely heckles these folks out as they walk past us.
    Let me get this straight. If a group of fans do something that YOU don't like, it's okay to heckle and insult them, and it is unacceptable when other fans heckle you for doing something that they think is obnoxious?
    RPI
    Remember, whenever we score, you need to punch, shove, or throw the person next to you, or else you will be removed from our section.

Announcer: [Opposing Team] returns to full strength!
    Crowd: That's de-
    [HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK!!!]

Comment

Originally posted by Kronojon View Post
      Let me get this straight. If a group of fans do something that YOU don't like, it's okay to heckle and insult them, and it is unacceptable when other fans heckle you for doing something that they think is obnoxious?
      You're on kind of a losing streak, Kronojon.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        That would make sense.
        My sources tell me that RPI will play 2 at CC on 8 and 9 October.

Comment

We usually get more home games
          I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Thanks for posting the Ten Commandments. Perhaps next year we'll look into the t-shirt thing. My brother will be coming in as a freshman, maybe he can convert a new set of fans to the First Church denomination.

Read the comments Re: 9th Commandment. Obviously you know where I stand on it. But as Red Cloud said, yes it is basically an argument over semantics, which the other side seems to take a personal offense to.

Won't be able to post or read much over the next few days - snow causes lots of power outages. Thus, I work 17 hour days to fix that.
            Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Boy if you folks can't wrap your head around the concept of why you cheer, "That's Debatable" then I can't really help you out too much. Sometimes taking a logical approach to matters isn't the correct way to handle things... Especially when mocking the opponent.
              R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                You're on kind of a losing streak, Kronojon.
                How so?
                RPI
                Remember, whenever we score, you need to punch, shove, or throw the person next to you, or else you will be removed from our section.

Comment

How so?
                  Your last argument was a complete failure and I'm trying to be polite about it.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                    Boy if you folks can't wrap your head around the concept of why you cheer, "That's Debatable" then I can't really help you out too much. Sometimes taking a logical approach to matters isn't the correct way to handle things... Especially when mocking the opponent.
                    I understand what they are trying to imply with their cheer, and that doesn't make it any better. When the initial reaction to a cheer is "W.T.F? That's stupid...", maybe it's time to rethink it. Heckling other fans may make the heckler look like an a**hole, but using stupid chants makes everyone look like an a**hole.
                    RPI

Comment

I understand what they are trying to imply with their cheer, and that doesn't make it any better. When the initial reaction to a cheer is "W.T.F? That's stupid...", maybe it's time to rethink it. Heckling other fans may make the heckler look like an a**hole, but using stupid chants makes everyone look like an a**hole.
                      Perhaps all cheers have to have "sucks" in them to be understood then.
                      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Heckling other fans may make the heckler look like an a**hole, but using stupid chants makes everyone look like an a**hole.
                        Who's the arbiter of what's stupid? You?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          Your last argument was a complete failure and I'm trying to be polite about it.
                          Wow, good job calling up a post from almost 2 weeks ago that you half-disagreed with and I never responded to you about. Hell, you even seemed to agree with my opinion of 2 out of the 5 games that were mentioned in my post. That doesn't even fit the definition of failure or argument. I expected more from you.
                          RPI

Comment

Wow, good job calling up a post from almost 2 weeks ago that you half-disagreed with and I never responded to you about. Hell, you even seemed to agree with my opinion of 2 out of the 5 games that were mentioned in my post. That doesn't even fit the definition of failure or argument. I expected more from you.
                            Look, I'm trying to be civil here because that's what I do. If you want to be a tool about it, I'm not responsible for the outcome.

I don't know what you're talking about with the "calling up a post from almost 2 weeks ago." I'm talking about a post you made THIS EVENING.

Comment

Blackhawks' top prospects from Hockey's Future (newly revised)http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ts_spring2010/.
                              9. Brandon Pirri, C - Rensselaer Engineers, ECAC
                              Drafted 2009, 2nd round, 59th overall

The beginning of Brandon Pirri's college career has been excellent thus far. The 18-year-old center has been one of the go-to guys for RPI offensively along with fellow freshman and American WJC-standout Jerry D'Amigo (TOR). The first-year forwards rank second and third on the team in scoring, respectively. Pirri has appeared in all 34 of the team's games, scoring 40 points including a team-leading 30 assists.

Pirri plays with the first power-play unit where he can utilize his excellent vision and passing. Though the ECAC may not be considered the toughest NCAA competition, Pirri has still looked impressive in making the jump from Junior A. He should continue to see plenty of ice time at RPI in order to build on his strong start.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

From Ed Weaver at the Record:

Engineers in need of winning streak
                                York's ankle good to go
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X