Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI V: Chase for the Championship (and Hobey)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI V: Chase for the Championship (and Hobey)

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
    Figures I gotta be quicker on the draw with the comments.
    Been there.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Perhaps you might consider sharing the 10C's for those posters and lurkers who are unfamiliar? (Just a thought...so the "next generation" can be initiated.)
      It's linked from hawthr's signature.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Perhaps you might consider sharing the 10C's for those posters and lurkers who are unfamiliar? (Just a thought...so the "next generation" can be initiated.)
        I would recommend looking on the First Church of RPI Hockey wiki. The link should be available in hawthr's signature.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          I would recommend looking on the First Church of RPI Hockey wiki. The link should be available in hawthr's signature.
          I'm not looking for them for crissakes, I just thought Hawthr might want to post them here, for the newbies:...and yes, this should be reproduced in T-shirt form!

I. Thou shalt believe in Seth Appert
          II. Thou shalt respect thy idol, Father Puckman
          III. Thou shalt not call thy own goalie 'Sieve'
          IV. Remember thy hockey schedule, to keep it holy
          V. Honor thy coach and thy players
          VI. Thou shalt kill all penalties
          VII. Thou shalt always remember that Clarkson sucks
          VIII. Thou shalt giveth the puck to the kid
          IX. Thou shalt not bicker with thy fellow fans
          X. Thou shalt not leave thy holy house before thy team
          Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 02-24-2010, 09:20 AM.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I'm not looking for them for crissakes, I just thought Hawthr might want to post them here, for the newbies:...and yes, this should be reproduced in T-shirt form!

I. Thou shalt believe in Seth Appert
            II. Thou shalt respect thy idol, Father Puckman
            III. Thou shalt not call thy own goalie 'Sieve'
            IV. Remember thy hockey schedule, to keep it holy
            V. Honor thy coach and thy players
            VI. Thou shalt kill all penalties
            VII. Thou shalt always remember that Clarkson sucks
            VIII. Thou shalt giveth the puck to the kid
            IX. Thou shalt not bicker with thy fellow fans
            X. Thou shalt not leave thy holy house before thy team
            Boy am I glad there isn't anything about coveting thy neighbor's wife in there
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Sorry, but as far as the "9th commandment" is concerned, I need to chime in here...

I don't sit with the gentleman who owns the "It's Not Debatable," t-shirt, but find it hilarious. The "cheer" is probably the worst (and most obnoxious) I've ever heard at a hockey game, other than the completely out of place "d-fense!" chants. Understand that this has nothing to do with supporting/not supporting the home team. It has to with being embarrassed as hockey fan since I was born.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for creative and spirited chants at the HFH. I love when the place if full and loud, even it means new blood. I just wish there was a way to say to those who don't get it:

"Come to games. Learn from those around you, then get creative. If you're not creative or don't know hockey (or both), don't start things."

I know this is impossible as people will always scream "shoot it" every 30 seconds, no matter if there's a shooting lane or not. Oh well, we all have pipe dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Boy am I glad there isn't anything about coveting thy neighbor's Sagie in there
                FYP

Comment

Originally posted by rpiredhawk17 View Post
                  I know this is impossible as people will always scream "shoot it" every 30 seconds, no matter if there's a shooting lane or not. Oh well, we all have pipe dreams.
                  I remember listening to WGR before a Sabres game, and they were talking about this very thing. They had mentioned that usually this is done to look for a possible backdoor pass to the guy in "the office", and that people should scream "Backdoor pass!" instead of "Shoot it!". So sometimes when people are yelling "Shoot it!", I'll yell "Backdoor pass!".

But you're absolutely right, I'd rather have us work for the good shot, rather than throw a puck that will likely get blocked by a forward.

Comment

Originally posted by rpiredhawk17 View Post
                    I don't sit with the gentleman who owns the "It's Not Debatable," t-shirt, but find it hilarious.
                    I find the back and forth hilarious, to be quite honest. It's an argument about semantics.

The "cheer" is probably the worst (and most obnoxious) I've ever heard at a hockey game, other than the completely out of place "d-fense!" chants.
                    You have got to be kidding me on both fronts. Worst? Most obnoxious? Wow. You have extremely high standards.

And what's out of place about chanting "defense" during a penalty kill? THAT'S WHAT YOU DO ON A PENALTY KILL.

It has to with being embarrassed as hockey fan since I was born.
                    Uh... you know what I'd be embarrassed about? Calling myself "redhawk." Bu-CAW!
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

VOTE FOR CHASE DAGNABIT ! http://www.hobeybaker.com/voting/

Schott is reporting that Chase is currently eighth...unacceptable !

Player Class, Pos. School Votes
                      Mario Valery-Trabucco SR, Fwd Union 9008
                      Dan Ringwald SR, Def RIT 7702
                      Jeff Petry JR, Def Mich. State 7539
                      Chris Kushneriuk JR, Fwd Robt. Morris 6560
                      Tomas Petruska SR, Fwd Bowling Green 6348
                      Bobby Butler SR, Fwd New Hampshire 6303
                      Blair Riley SR, Fwd Ferris State 6287
                      Chase Polacek JR, Fwd RPI 5797
                      Blake Geoffrion SR, Fwd Wisconsin 5458
                      Eric Lampe SR, Fwd Quinnipiac 4926

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                        Looks like next years schedule is starting to come together.

2 - @ Colorado College
                        Im wondering if RPI might be traveling out to Colorado Springs with Yale next season to play a game each against CC and Air Force. I pulled this from the NH Register.

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2...note022310.txt

It’s then off to Colorado Springs Nov. 12-13 to play at Air Force and perennial WCHA power Colorado College.
                        RPI doesnt have any scheduled league games that weekend.

Comment

Schott is reporting that Chase is currently eighth...unacceptable !
                          1%.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                            Im wondering if RPI might be traveling out to Colorado Springs with Yale next season to play a game each against CC and Air Force. I pulled this from the NH Register.

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2...note022310.txt

RPI doesnt have any scheduled league games that weekend.
                            That would make sense.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              1%.
                              Its the principle of it!

Comment

Dagnabit? MVT has the Venezuelan block voting early and often.
                                Last edited by Wholin1; 02-24-2010, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X