Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI V: Chase for the Championship (and Hobey)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI V: Chase for the Championship (and Hobey)

Sully, I believe that overall points head-to-head is the first tiebreaker (even if it is multi-way). So, if RPI, SLU, and Quinny end up with the same number of points (which is only possible if RPI loses, SLU ties, and the Bobcats win), then RPI wins the tiebreak (finishes 5th) with 5 points, Quinnipiac finishes 6th with 4 points, and St. Lawrence would finish 7th because they only took 3 points from RPI and Quinnipiac combined.
    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

More important-we do not want to lose our third in a row heading into the playoffs. i am not ready for this season to wind down.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by ECACHL writer View Post
        Now, I'm putting myself in a position to slide my foot a significant distance down my esophagus ... but I believe that Without a Peer is, in fact, wrong when it states: If I'm not mistaken, a three-way tie as described in the "Potentialities" section of my update would allow RPI to lose but still wrest fifth.
        This is reality, Greg.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
          The third goal Peter Merth pinched at the blue line and got burned for it.
          It was right in front of me, and I could have sworn it was Kennedy. Oh well, whomever it was, what happened on the play from both of our accounts was quite accurate.

And also, that game is done. It's time to focus on Cornell.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            It was right in front of me, and I could have sworn it was Kennedy.
            Kennedy had to deal with it after Merth's fail. He had a harder task to accomplish.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              Kennedy had to deal with it after Merth's fail. He had a harder task to accomplish.
              Ah. Since you guys most likely had the benefit of an instant replay, I will trust you (unless you were over in the reserved section, but even still, your eye for detail is quite often a bit better).

Comment

Toknight after the playoff positions have been set, remember to look for the ECAC PICK THE PLAYOFFS THREAD . The ECAC PICK THE STANDINGS 2009 CHAMPION will be crowned Sunday AM.
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                  Denver Post college hockey writer Mike Chambers lists his top five Hobey Baker Award candidates:
                  OOOOPPPPS! I keep typing in the wrong place. See below.

1. Marc Cheverie, Denver, Jr., G Ranks first nationally in shutouts (six) and save percentage (.937, tied) and is second in goals-against average (1.93). He rebounded from a frightening leg injury in November to put together one of the top seasons in DU history.

2. Brendan Smith, Wisconsin, Jr., D The NCAA's highest-scoring defenseman (39 points, 14 goals) has 10 power-play goals and four game-winning goals, and he is a plus-16. He's the catalyst for the country's No. 2-ranked offense.

3. Rhett Rakhshani, Denver, Sr., F The captain of the country's top-ranked program has a team-high 40 points, tied for first among WCHA scorers. And his 18 goals are most among the league's top five point producers.

4. Bobby Butler, New Hampshire, Sr. F Tied for third nationally in points per game (1.47), Butler has a Hockey East-leading 24 goals, including 18 in league play. He leads the Wildcats with four game-winners.

5. Chase Polacek, Rensselaer, Jr., F Tied for No. 1 nationally in goals (24) and points (49), Polacek will get substantial East Coast attention, but RPI's 41st-ranked strength of schedule hurts him in comparisons with WCHA candidates.

Gee, a Denver writer has Denver players at #! and #3! Not to
                  take anything at all from Cheverie OR Rakhshani, but WHAT ABOUT
                  Broc Little? Broc is tied (25) for #1 in goals nationally, and has done so
                  in 5 FEWER games than his co-leader (Nick Johnson). He is also tied with
                  Johnson for the national lead in GWGs (7). He is a GREAT penalty killer who
                  was #1 LAST YEAR in SHGs (5). Oh, and by the way, he is a terrific leader
                  (scuttlebut is that he'll be next year's captain) and is a model citizen OFF the
                  ice as well. So what's not to like? Should Broc be penalized simply because
                  he chose to go Ivy League/ECAC?

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...#ixzz0gf9Wtud7
                  See above.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                    The third goal Peter Merth pinched at the blue line and got burned for it.
                    GLM & RC -- Set me straight if I'm wrong, but looked to me like we were caught changing PK lines on the 3rd goal?? Also, on the 2nd goal (backhander) Smith skated past 2 or 3 guys and nobody laid a hand on him...

Overall I thought the forwards did an excellent job with physical play. We are still struggling at times with outlet passes and clears ( I credit Colgate for applying pressure). This was a hard fought battle...a great game to watch.

Its worth noting that in the 1st, RPI hit a post (Merth) and Jerry shot wide on a net with a lot of space.

In the 3rd, Jerry definitely wants that open look he had back, and Brutlag sniped one of the crossbar when we had the extra skater -- would've tied it -- a fact that somehow escaped the report of the T/U fill-in who covered the game. Also, FWIW RPI's SOG total on the scoreboard was off by at least 4 or 5 ...not that that is all that uncommon on the road.

My first trip to Starr Rink -- where my father officiated the building's first game ...back in '59 I think. I was surprised at the lack of student support...they came very late in the 1st and at least 1/2 of them left after 2 when it was a 2-2 game...a very High Schoolish effort, IMO They were far more interested in scanning their blackberries and gossiping than watching the game. I even heard 'Gate security guard grousing to a buddy about it.

The RPI band ruled the roost! GREAT job !!! The Colgate band didn't muster a note into well into the 1st period and seemed more than happy to sit back and dance along with RPI's band and the PA music.

I end the season 1-2 on the road. I credit Babo's assistance in getting me a lone win at Q.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Appert quote from The Record:

"The third one (goal) was a miserable line change," Appert added, "and it was a bad goal. Allen (goalie Allen York) played very well but that was a bad goal."

http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...b912925385.txt
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

we hit so many posts and crossbars
                        we missed gouley )sickness didnt make the trip
                        if watts and malchuk cant get the pk going again bench them and put in halpern and vassell

yorks 1st 2 goals aginst were not his fault

lets go red let the playoffs begin hopefully we get a good crowd at the hfh not the bum one last time when piac upset us
                        I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          You know what's stupid? Stifling creativity. That's stupid.

It's fans like you that are the ones that cause problems. They're cheering. That means they're engaged. It doesn't matter what they're saying. In fact, from now on, if it makes you mad, that makes me happy. I hope the First Church comes up with even more "stupid" cheers, just to **** you off. The "stupider" the better, you guys.
                          There is nothing creative about the "that's debatable" cheer. A three year old could have come up with that. Despite this, the cheer doesn't actually make me mad. I'm having fun with it, and will continue to do so.
                          RPI
                          Remember, whenever we score, you need to punch, shove, or throw the person next to you, or else you will be removed from our section.

Announcer: [Opposing Team] returns to full strength!
                          Crowd: That's de-
                          [HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK!!!]

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            GLM & RC -- Set me straight if I'm wrong, but looked to me like we were caught changing PK lines on the 3rd goal?? Also, on the 2nd goal (backhander) Smith skated past 2 or 3 guys and nobody laid a hand on him...
                            Seth set it straight it was a healthy case of screwups all around, but I'm guessing Merth jumped up in the play because the forwards were slow in changing and Merth didn't contain the play and left JFK hung out to dry. Allen didn't help matters obviously but there's no way that should've been a one-on-one play with Kennedy trying to get back over to cover the shooter.
                            R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

[QUOTE=rvd5star69;4658950]we hit so many posts and crossbars

Maybe this had something to do with not winning ?

if watts and malchuk cant get the pk going again bench them and put in halpern and vassell

Wow , you are a genius , that will work , it was watts and malchuks fault we lost . rvd5star69 for coach !!

Comment

[QUOTE=Interested;4659124]
                                Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                                we hit so many posts and crossbars

Maybe this had something to do with not winning ?

Wow , you are a genius , that will work , it was watts and malchuks fault we lost . rvd5star69 for coach !!

RC has signed you both up for a class: How to Post on USCHO 101. (HPU101)... Just kidding.

Comment

Working...
                                X