Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: L V C Hockey Program Is Over

Originally posted by Pioneerfan11 View Post
    Actually, earlier this year Hamilton announced that they would be moving to the NESCAC for all of its athletic programs. I believe that begins with the 2011-12 academic year.

There is no chance that they are leaving the NESCAC... ever.
    Sorry, just had to stop by and ask this again.
    Chuck Norris before Norris chucks you!©
    C.N. plays in Peoria.
    The AHL Peoria Rivermen are moving WHERE?

Comment

Excerpt from Biggar's Piece

Sux
      Code:
      “But the way they dealt with things, the message that they sent to the 
      student body, is questionable in my eyes. That is something that has hurt me deeply. 
      The school couldn’t make it any more evident that they never wanted hockey here, 
      even going back as far as when LVC was a dominant force in the ECAC Northeast.
      No one ever liked the hockey program here.”

Comment

Any chance the SUNY Morrisville and/or SUNY Canton (and perhaps SUNYIT-Utica, should they start hockey) be interested in ECAC-West as they are not members of the SUNYAC in other sports?
        2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
        2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
        2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
        2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
        2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
        2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
        2009 D-III TOP runner-up
        Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
        1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
          Any chance the SUNY Morrisville and/or SUNY Canton (and perhaps SUNYIT-Utica, should they start hockey) be interested in ECAC-West as they are not members of the SUNYAC in other sports?
          Canton is NAIA, the NCAA isn't looking for new DIII members. In fact, it appears the only NCAA division that is open to new members is DII.
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

If the SUNYAC changed their position on allowing an exception for 1-sport Morrisville, that might be a possibility. Unless that happens, I think Morrisville is content with the SUNYAC now that they have found playoff success.
            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
              Canton is NAIA, the NCAA isn't looking for new DIII members. In fact, it appears the only NCAA division that is open to new members is DII.
              Yes......true.......but do you expect that to continue forever? (Canton is NAIA because they had no other option based on the timing of them going from a 2 year school to a 4 year school)
              2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
              2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
              2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
              2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
              2009 D-III TOP runner-up
              Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
              1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

This news makes me both sad and angry. Sad because I have many fond memories of the hockey team and games. I was there at a time when LVC was quite successful. They had a high caliber team and players, and were even nationally ranked. At that time, even though they still competed in the Northeast, they would have been a successful team in the West. It's sad to see such a promising start to a program take such a downward fall and now be terminated.

I'm angry at the administration. They lied to the current team and to the alumni about their level of commitment to the hockey program. President MacDonald has never supported the program. While many of us are mourning the loss of the program, I would not be surprised if he was celebrating finally getting rid of it.

Comment

For anyone that has Facebook...please join this group:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=325007571869
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by LVCAlum View Post
                    This news makes me both sad and angry. Sad because I have many fond memories of the hockey team and games. I was there at a time when LVC was quite successful. They had a high caliber team and players, and were even nationally ranked. At that time, even though they still competed in the Northeast, they would have been a successful team in the West. It's sad to see such a promising start to a program take such a downward fall and now be terminated.

I'm angry at the administration. They lied to the current team and to the alumni about their level of commitment to the hockey program. President MacDonald has never supported the program. While many of us are mourning the loss of the program, I would not be surprised if he was celebrating finally getting rid of it.
                    I wonder if someone could find Brian Ying-Ling.

He was the face of that program and was an All-American during his time there. Having him comeback or ever write a letter or something may go a long way in trying to save the team.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

in response to Mac Donald celebrating???
                      OF COURSE HE IS!!!!
                      DOES ANYONE THINK HE'S THIS STUPID??? HE KNEW THE REMAINING TEAM WOULD BOLT...AND THUS, WHEN THE NEW SEASON BEGINS , HE CAN SAY...."GEE WE HAVE NO PLAYERS FOR OUR CLUB TEAM..THUS WE'LL HAVE TO CANCEL ALL HOCKEY" "AWWW I'M SO SORRY...I DID ALL I COULD"
                      Here's another point..
                      When Coach MacCormack left...the search for a Head Coach expanded as far as the school grounds..They hired an employee's husband ..(Ted Russell).

When they decided to bring in Lacrosse..they searched nation wide and paid BIG money for a nationally known Coach ( John Haus) . Take a look at this guys resume'!!!!!

Hmmm..
                      I ask President MacDonald to come out of hiding..and once..just once ..be a man and state the truth to the dedicated MEN you have decieved.
                      Last edited by ICEKING; 02-24-2010, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Yes......true.......but do you expect that to continue forever? (Canton is NAIA because they had no other option based on the timing of them going from a 2 year school to a 4 year school)
                        Don't forget this is the NCAA we are discussing. A world in which the logical and sensible take a back seat to weird and incomprehensible.

In addition there is a 3-4 year period in which a team is not eligible. The fact is that MoVille just got clear of that restriction this year (after 3 years). If Canton were to go to the ECAC W, it wouldn't help the league for at least 3 years from the time they got in.
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

ACHA D-1 teams (I'm hoping LVC goes ACHA-1) have a decent run of success when playing ECAC-NE schools. Coincidentally, LVC's best years as a D-III school were when they played in the NE.

What I'm driving at is LVC may have found their niche. If they can schedule Penn State, Delaware, WVU and a couple of other top end ACHA-1 schools, they would have competitive schedule equal to playing at the same level as the NE.

A Penn State - LVC game @ Hershey may fill the barn, provided the team is decent and reaches out to the community. In that neck of the woods, Penn State has a LOT more name recognition than Elmira, so it may work.

The other thing to consider for the underclassmen is what program could they go to?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Moving to the ECACW killed this program. Its been a slow death

Comment

Makes lots more sense going ACHA for them.

What does this mean for the ECACW now?

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                                Moving to the ECACW killed this program. Its been a slow death
                                Well they were forced out of the ECAC Northeast remember.
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X