ECAC Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECAC Playoffs

Binnyrus creating a thread for the WCHA makes me think it would be a good idea to have a thread for the ECAC. Predictions? Analysis? If I could watch any series (other than Princeton's) I'd like to see Quinnipiac/RPI--that should be a good one. I kind of like the way Quinnipiac is playing, and think they could get to the final game.

Re: ECAC Playoffs

I think the RPI-QPac series could the a good one. While RPI had a tough weekend, they will be a difficult opponent. Can't figure out Q-Pac although unlike their men's team, they've been hot since December.

Still think Princeton-Harvard will be the closest in terms of goal scoring. The other two series should be two and out with Cornell and Clarkson winning although I'd love to see SLU upset Clarkson to give Harvard home ice for the semis.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
      I think the RPI-QPac series could the a good one. While RPI had a tough weekend, they will be a difficult opponent. Can't figure out Q-Pac although unlike their men's team, they've been hot since December.

Still think Princeton-Harvard will be the closest in terms of goal scoring. The other two series should be two and out with Cornell and Clarkson winning although I'd love to see SLU upset Clarkson to give Harvard home ice for the semis.
      I think Clarkson goes into the playoffs vulnerable, and St. Lawrence could steal a win. Cornell would seem to be an easy winner over Colgate.

Comment

Might catch game two of the North Country battle seeing as I'll be in those parts anyway. Hoping it'll be a good battle- SLU at least has the advantage of not having to travel far to Clarkson.
        Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
        Go Crimson!

Comment

ECAC Playoffs

Cornell amazing to me with those two freshmen seeming to all of a sudden (this year) comprise-as to their impact, more than half a winning team. May come down to Harvard-Cornell, I haven't projected/reviewed where they might meet. Wherever and whenever, I gotta go with the Big Red.

RPI didn't prepare well for Quinnipiac by losing to Colgate! I'll go with the up and coming Bobcats. And perhaps the same could be said for Clarkson vis a vis Dartmouth's smack down but then St Lawrence jumps right on Dartmouth and gets up by three goals the next afternoon. So who knew (anything...) when it comes right down to it?

But I'll go with the Big Red to take the tournament.

You, however, as always, have to like Harvard of the ECAC teams in the NCAA playoffs-wherever they are placed, especially this Olympic year when one hears (and sees) so much of such great Harvard players as Ruggiero, Chu, Vaillancourt, etc. Lends, perhaps, to a certain 'swagger' sometimes for players from this most well known of our American universities..
          Last edited by papulaisle; 02-22-2010, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Here's a look at all of the first round matchups, with season history, home and road records, etc.
            Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
            Go Crimson!

Comment

I'll Stick with the Big Red Machine (visions of the 70's).

In round one the biggest contest/upset chance will be the one up North.

Comment

This isn't a knock on Cornell specifically, but I have a hard time making any team the favorite to win a tournament if they don't have anyone on their team that has won a single tournament game at that level. Maybe it helps them that rather than having a real tournament feel at one site, the ECAC will play the semis at two locations. Then it becomes more like any other game. Playoff speed and intensity is usually greater, and that should be an adjustment.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Cornell is the only team that I have no doubt will win their quarterfinal match up. But the other 3 match ups seem kind of up for grabs to me...

Clarkson v. SLU- Clarkson has not played well as of late. If they get it together then they will win, but if they can't then an upset by SLU could likely happen.

Harvard v. Princeton- I don't think it will be as simple as an easy quarterfinal for Harvard. You can never sleep on Princeton, and they surely want to redeem their playoff performance from last season. Should be competitive games

Quinni v. RPI- Quinni has proven to be tough all around this season. RPI did not have a good final weekend of ecac play, but they have been playing very well otherwise in the 2nd half of the season. Quinni has home ice and RPI has road quarterfinal expirence. No idea how this one will shake down(hoping for RPI though).

The thing I like about this format is the 3 game series usually ensures the better team will come out on top, having to win 2 games instead of just 1

Comment

Quinnipiac just won in OT2!!! First win in ECAC Playoff history for the program!

Comment

I think of all the teams in the play offs Quinnipiac scares me the most.

Comment

Anyone have a Harvard score?

Comment

Harvard's up 4-1, it was 4-0 after 15 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
                            Anyone have a Harvard score?
                            4-1 Harvard early in the 2nd according to the ECAC site.
                            APBWiki

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X