Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Playoffs

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    We'll be glad to handle the Sunday afternoon game.
    Does that mean you're going to be in attendance? Because Dave usually has a pretty busy agenda on game days: dissing the opponent during player intros; keeping the PA announcer awake; letting the on-ice officials know how many more eyes they need before they can be a cyclops; offending goalie moms. If you're filling in for him, I don't think the job can adequately be performed from Columbus.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Father Chuck Huck (no, really), pastor of the Bemidji State Newman Center, has granted special Dispensation for those of his flock absent from 7 PM Mass who will be attending the Beavers' championship victory on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by capitalist View Post
        Father Chuck Huck (no, really), pastor of the Bemidji State Newman Center, has granted special Dispensation for those of his flock absent from 7 PM Mass who will be attending the Beavers' championship victory on Sunday.
        Well I do seem to recall one other "Miracle" on ice...think they even made movie out of it.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by capitalist View Post
          ...special Dispensation for those of his flock absent from 7 PM Mass who will be attending the Beavers' championship victory on Sunday.
          You spelled "Bulldogs" wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
            Does that mean you're going to be in attendance?
            Regrettably no. I'd dearly love to attend the tournament -- especially this year. But it's been a few years since I've been able to do so, and the wait will have to last a bit longer.

Because Dave usually has a pretty busy agenda on game days: dissing the opponent during player intros; keeping the PA announcer awake; letting the on-ice officials know how many more eyes they need before they can be a cyclops; offending goalie moms. If you're filling in for him, I don't think the job can adequately be performed from Columbus.
            Dave sounds truly irreplaceable. I guess we'll have to break it to the Reverend: Dave needs to be in position for Sunday's opening face-off -- regardless of who's playing for the title.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
              Dave sounds truly irreplaceable. I guess we'll have to break it to the Reverend: Dave needs to be in position for Sunday's opening face-off -- regardless of who's playing for the title.
              Thank you. I appreciate the comment (even if it's highly unlikely to happen if the Gophers aren't playing).
              Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
              Here are the Minnesota game notes on GopherSports.com.

I did look, but UMD, Ohio State, and Bemidji State haven't published pre-weekend game notes yet.
              Just to follow up on this, here are links for two of these three teams:

UMDBulldogs.com pre-weekend games notes

OhioStateBuckeyes.com pre-weekend game notes

No games notes posted for Bemidji yet...
              Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
              Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
              Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

No games notes posted for Bemidji yet...
                BSUBeaver.com pre-weekend game notes (PDF file)

Okay... All present and accounted for.
                Last edited by CrazyDave; 03-05-2010, 04:27 PM.

Comment

B-S-U - B-S-U - B-S-U - B-S-U

GO BEAVERS!

I'ma BEAVLIEVER!
                  Last edited by brookyone; 03-05-2010, 04:49 PM.
                  Minnesota Hockey

Comment

I'll be roadtripping it from Columbus. So I'll see those attending at Ridder on Saturday (and Sunday :P lol). GO BUCKS!!!! Gophers better watch out.

And GO BEAVERS!!! Let's make the WCHA Championship something different for a change, eh?
                    "Great moments are born from great opportunities." -- Herb Brooks

Ohio State Women's Club Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by CammieBuckeye View Post
                      I'll be roadtripping it from Columbus.
                      That's the spirit; hope you have a good trip.

Is anyone bringing a band? UMD?
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        Is anyone bringing a band? UMD?
                        I expect to see UMD's pep band at Ridder. I found their schedule online, and they have that on the calendar.

I would not be surprised to see BSU's "Redline Swingers" pep band either. Their basketball teams are both done, and the Beaver mens hockey team is on the road.

Comment

I would not be surprised to see BSU's "Redline Swingers" pep band either.
                          Those long bus rides must get "interesting".
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Trying to get the wcha.tv stream to work for UMD/BSU game. Anybody else having issues?

Comment

Bemidji State's radio feed: http://www.wmisfm.com/

Comment

End of one...
                                3-0 UMD

Live blog, http://www.bsubeavers.com/whockey/news/11/2413/

Comment

Working...
                                X