Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' Part 2 - The Playoffs

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
    Assuming nothing else pops up on my calendar, I would go to Albany or Worcester for sure and probably Ft. Wayne. I wouldn't go to St. Paul.
    Isn't St. Paul closer than Ft. Wayne?
    RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Mania View Post
      It depends upon where you are!

Actually, I use to have to go to Ft. Wayne quite a bit for work and it is a very quick flight and easy (from Syracuse). And it use to be very cheap. I am not sure how it is now though.

I would attend Albany and maybe Worcester.
      Last edited by MattS; 03-04-2010, 02:21 PM.
      My Four Favorite teams:
      RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
      Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

If it's either Worcester or Albany, three buddies and I will likely be in attendance. I could probably swing the Fort Wayne trip as I have family in the area but would probably seek out a traveling buddy. As it is, I'm having a hard time wrangling everyone together for a Rochester trip for finals-- being a grad student has its drawbacks. I, however, cannot imagine a future where I didn't go to the Blue Cross to watch the Good Guys take their crown. Besides, I haven't had a Plate since the Colgate game...
        The Rochester Institute of Technology
        sigpic

Comment

Geography much???

Ft. Wayne: 487 miles
          St. Paul: 999 miles

(via car according to google maps)
          -M

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
            The good news is that barring any major upsets I think RIT if they go would go to either Fort Wanye or Worcester which is with in reasonable driving distance. I know Albany would be nice, but seems unlikley...
            Actually, as the bracket in Jason Moy's column shows, while he didn't do it, he could see RIT's bracket moved to Albany to help improve attendance.
            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
            2010 Frozen Four participant
            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

I would find a way to go anywhere but St. Paul
              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2010 Frozen Four participant
              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

The only site I would have an issue traveling to is St. Paul. That's an expensive flight from what I've been told. With that being said, I'd probably still go.
                2008-09 AHA Regular Season Pick 'em Champion
                2010 AHA Postseason Pick 'em Co-Champ

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                  Actually, as the bracket in Jason Moy's column shows, while he didn't do it, he could see RIT's bracket moved to Albany to help improve attendance.
                  Problem is though you would send Cornell out with BC. So one way to make that decision a little easier on the NCAA would be to pack Blue Cross for the Atlantic. If they see the kind of crowd we had for the Colgate came come out for the AHA Final Four, they would have that much more reason to beleive they could replace the crowd they would lose from sending Cornell to the Northeast, and BC would draw more in the Northeast...
                  Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                  The Mule
                  Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by RITShockSquad View Post
                    The only site I would have an issue traveling to is St. Paul. That's an expensive flight from what I've been told. With that being said, I'd probably still go.
                    It not so bad if you get advance notice, but there will only be a week notice so we would be screwed... I was able to find a flight to St. Paul for $300when Ryan Scott and Oswego made it to the Frozen four in Supior Wisc. Of course I got snowed in and never made it therer

Thomas M. Naeger
                    The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by RITShockSquad View Post
                      I got a flight home for spring break for $200. If you fly out from buffalo you can get it down to $150. plus, The X is a beautiful rink, my favorite part is, they have every High School Jersey hanging up around the concourse.

I will probably try and make it out to any of the sites RIT gets placed in.
                      "I couldn't be more impressed with the student body . They had fun and had many chants but they lacked venom."

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
                        Geography much???

Ft. Wayne: 487 miles
                        St. Paul: 999 miles

(via car according to google maps)
                        Well I feel dumb now, I was thinking Ft. Wayne was in Texas.
                        RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                          Problem is though you would send Cornell out with BC. So one way to make that decision a little easier on the NCAA would be to pack Blue Cross for the Atlantic. If they see the kind of crowd we had for the Colgate came come out for the AHA Final Four, they would have that much more reason to beleive they could replace the crowd they would lose from sending Cornell to the Northeast, and BC would draw more in the Northeast...
                          I doubt the size of the Cornell crowd would be all the different between Albany and Worcester. They travel very, very, well. And with all the die hard alum they have I am sure there would be a good size crowd anywhere for a Cornell game.
                          My Four Favorite teams:

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

You're in the wrong state.
                            Get yourself a new map!

My Four Favorite teams:

Comment

That's Fort Worth. I don't think they even know what hockey is down in Texas.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
                                I doubt the size of the Cornell crowd would be all the different between Albany and Worcester. They travel very, very, well. And with all the die hard alum they have I am sure there would be a good size crowd anywhere for a Cornell game.
                                I tend to agree with you, I am not sure if the NCAA will though...

Thomas M. Naeger
                                The Mule

Comment

Working...
                                X