Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' Part 2 - The Playoffs

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
    Well the other effect is it'll make games cozier and louder, same reason why we like the Ritter. If you have been to a Amerks game in recent years its almost depressing with how sparse the crowd looks.

Though if they can't sell out Friday night games (dollar beers and dogs) then they have a tough road ahead. Hell I get offered free Amerks tickets in my men's league every time they are playing at home (For Friday and Saturday night games). I've only been able to take them once though cause normally RIT is at home too
    I don't follow this either. A rocking Ritter is rocking because the only other place to put people is hanging from the rafters. The Amerks are going to have 6 sections just empty. It'll still deaden the crowd noise. From what the article says, those sections are generally empty anyway, so I really don't think it will change the atmosphere that much. they need to put more butts in the seats to get it louder in there.
    Last edited by RITTechie; 02-27-2010, 12:48 PM.

Comment

According to the article, though, they're also hoping it'll improve advance sales, because people won't be able to just assume there'll be tickets available.

Powers &8^]

Comment

I had heard all along that it would be a drape, which would make more sense, and go further in improving the atmosphere. The arena already has a drape for concerts and the like, so it seems like a more sensible solution than putting tarps over a bunch of large sections. A co-worker who is impacted by the move (he has seasons up there) said the letter mentioned a drape, so I'm going to hope that'll be the case despite what the article said.

But, in terms of RIT's impact, it'll have none. The Knighthawks won't be using it, nor will other events. If they choose to use it, it's probably an option, but it's not like those seats are out of play unless they want them to be.

Comment

Good way to end the season. The Tigers set the mark for most points in a regular season in the AHA - which will be tougher to beat in future years with 1 less conference game. The Seniors get their 3rd regular season title in 4 years.

And this year, we don't play Holy Cross in the playoffs.
          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2010 Frozen Four participant
          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Dan Ringwald wins the Dan Barrows Fans Choice award.

Interesting thought - AIC took 6 out of 8 points against Holy Cross.

Comment

Did any juniors have their "Senior Night" last night? If I remember correctly, that's what a couple of guys did last year.
              2008-09 AHA Regular Season Pick 'em Champion
              2010 AHA Postseason Pick 'em Co-Champ

Comment

Tyler Mazzei did - graduating in 3 years.

He was the only one.

Comment

Some Sunday Night Tidbits...

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                  Dan Ringwald wins the Dan Barrows Fans Choice award.

Interesting thought - AIC took 6 out of 8 points against Holy Cross.
                  - I think its a toss up on who RIT will see in the Quarters. Bentley is the favorite, but they have been horrible since winning at the Ritter and inconsistent at best this year. RIT really has only been the team consistent all year. Sacred Heart did turn it on like crazy after the new year, but was ice cold to start the season. One has to wonder what would have happen with the Pioneers if they had played more conference game early. Maybe that would have made them more consistent or could have hurt them in the long run.

- I want to applaud the crew for their cool response to that idiot who thought it was cute to run around the Ritter with a Canisius flag after their second goal. Its not a good idea to run around someone elses arena like that, I remember some ugly incidents with an imfamous Elimra fan and some Geneseo kids in the past doing that same thing. Worst thing is I think that guy was a parent of a player, but either way good job and hey even Mcreynolds kept his call on the MacDougall cheapshot, wondering if we are all getting soft in our old age...

- I am happy to see Dan Ringwald as the Fans Choice award. He been a solid player and a class act for the 4 years he has been here. Also his father has to be in my top five of favorite RIT parents of all time. To Dan and all the seniors thanks for 4 great years, its been great to watch and we are not done yet boys!

- You know I really don't like Canisius. They have a buch of players who have a bunch of talent but really act like punks out on the ice (see my last point below for more). I think a lot of it comes from their head coach Dave Smith who seems to argue with refs as much as he manages his team. But I have to give Dave credit for two moves Saturday. Frist sitting MacDougall. And second being very classy keeping his team on the ice when RIT was presented the AHA Regular Season Trohpey. Never know what to make of Dave, he reminds me of Bob Emery too much I guess, but that was a classy move.

- I also want to give a big thumbs DOWN to Saturday's refs Steve Marofsky and Jeff Zelasko, but not for any call they made on the ice (all though Zelasko Bording call on Spivak was pretty bad) but for not sticking up for their linesman Tory Carissimo when Vinny Scarsella got face to face with him over an offsides call. Scarsella really showed up Carissimo and you could hear him clear from the stands. He should have gotten a misconduct...

Todays Playlist...

Black Eyed Peas - I Got a Feeling

DMX - Party Up

Meat Loaf - Running for the Red Light

Nelly - Heart of a Champion
                  Last edited by Tom Naeger; 03-01-2010, 05:04 PM.
                  Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                  The Mule
                  Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Well, since we've got no games to talk about for the next week or two, why don't we recap the regular season a bit. Best win? From a hockey standpoint, the overtime win over AFA at the Ritter to clinch the championship, but from an emotional standpoint, that 8-0 washout of an ever classy Canisius team really warmed my cockles. Had the Tigers won in front of 7,400 and change against Colgate, that would probably have been the best win of the season. Worst loss is relatively easy. When the other team scores with less than a second left in overtime, it can be pretty deflating. **** zoomies.

I would say that DeMike is the lock to be the AHA goalie of the year- he led in all categories in league play, and had he stayed in and maintained those two other shutouts, he would be leading the nation. As it is, his 5 is good for a tie for second in D-1. Tanev has a shot at rookie of the year, and Ringwald is a serious candidate for defenseman OTY.

And, by the way, we maintained an average capacity of 101.8% at the Ritter, even with several games falling on student breaks. Not too shabby, considering we're in a league with the seven teams with the lowest attendance in D1 and the only team with higher attendance is 3,000 miles away. Plus, our only "home" OOC game was against the team with the 10th lowest D-1 attendance. We can't really count on road fans to fill out our barn, can we?

Am I wrong?

Comment

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' Part 2 - The Playoffs

Originally posted by RITTechie View Post
                      Well, since we've got no games to talk about for the next week or two, why don't we recap the regular season a bit. Best win? From a hockey standpoint, the overtime win over AFA at the Ritter to clinch the championship, but from an emotional standpoint, that 8-0 washout of an ever classy Canisius team really warmed my cockles. Had the Tigers won in front of 7,400 and change against Colgate, that would probably have been the best win of the season. Worst loss is relatively easy. When the other team scores with less than a second left in overtime, it can be pretty deflating. **** zoomies.

I would say that DeMike is the lock to be the AHA goalie of the year- he led in all categories in league play, and had he stayed in and maintained those two other shutouts, he would be leading the nation. As it is, his 5 is good for a tie for second in D-1. Tanev has a shot at rookie of the year, and Ringwald is a serious candidate for defenseman OTY.

And, by the way, we maintained an average capacity of 101.8% at the Ritter, even with several games falling on student breaks. Not too shabby, considering we're in a league with the seven teams with the lowest attendance in D1 and the only team with higher attendance is 3,000 miles away. Plus, our only "home" OOC game was against the team with the 10th lowest D-1 attendance. We can't really count on road fans to fill out our barn, can we?

Am I wrong?
                      I think you covered some good material. I think a good edition is the news regarding the ritter and expansion and/or the realization of rit's admin regarding a new building.. if we average 101.8 percent in the ritter, i would think a new building would bring in more money than we would get with the ritter thus bringing in additional funding for the athletic program.

Also, we should talk about who we would like to see play.. we would play either Bentley, UConn, or American depending on which one of these teams win ( we play the lowest remaining seed after the play in). If it were me, I'd prefer to play UConn, even though we did lose that 1 game but I would think we can sweep them, but American would be a good 2nd choice also..

Comment

Follow-up to the favorite stat for Friday night's game (Canisius' Hudson minus 4 on the night): Hudson was on the ice for Cornaccia's short-handed goal on Saturday, finishing the weekend at a minus 5. Way to go Carl!
                        KBranch

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
                          Follow-up to the favorite stat for Friday night's game (Canisius' Hudson minus 4 on the night): Hudson was on the ice for Cornaccia's short-handed goal on Saturday, finishing the weekend at a minus 5. Way to go Carl!
                          Well to try and stick it you he did show what makes him a good offensive player with two booming shots from the point one beat DeMike and the other one caused a rebound goal. And as you stated, he also showed how he can take some bad penalties like the rest of his team.

First period of the second game Canisius got away with a lot of clutching and grabing, when the refs started to call it they had no chance of stoping RIT...
                          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                          The Mule
                          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
                            The guy is a complete and total tool, has shown a disregard for authority, deserved a longer suspension and RIT had his number his entire career, but {sigh}, he does have some pretty impressive numbers this year. He's tied with Ringwald for most points by a defenseman in the league, and that's in two fewer games.

Comment

Tigers are up to 1st among "Others receiving votes" in the USCHO poll, would be tied for 20th in the USA Today poll if it went past 15, and 16th in the INCH power rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by RITTechie View Post
                                The guy is a complete and total tool, has shown a disregard for authority, deserved a longer suspension and RIT had his number his entire career, but {sigh}, he does have some pretty impressive numbers this year. He's tied with Ringwald for most points by a defenseman in the league, and that's in two fewer games.
                                I expect that a lot of the first half of that statement will be what keeps him from winning AHA Defensemen of the Year.

Comment

Working...
                                X