• Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' Part 2 - The Playoffs

Reminder: RIT vs UNH replay tonight @ 10pm on ESPNU
    2008-09 AHA Regular Season Pick 'em Champion
    2010 AHA Postseason Pick 'em Co-Champ

Comment

I think the "highly unlikely" comes from the fact that people have to purchase the full set of tickets where last weekend (when the allotment was only 400), people could buy tickets one day at a time. Will more than 600 shell out $100 (or $189 for fac/staff/alum) if they will only go to one game for sure? Somehow I don't think so. I'm planning to go for the whole weekend regardless, and I'll try to get one of the tickets in sec. 132, but if not, I'll get some others.

Also, it could well be that the alumni sales are limited to some small fraction of the allotment and Dr. Cooper just didn't know that for her reply.

Anyway, I'd be surprised if they sell out on Thurs. (of course I was surprised by things that happened last weekend!!!)
      -M

Comment

On a completely unrelated note that nobody cares about right now...
        Our budy Carl Hudson got into a fight on Sunday and got his a#$ kicked. It was a shame, really. He ran into a Toronto player and inadvertently (at least the way it looked on replay) caught him in the face with his elbow. Unfortunately for Carl, one of Toronto's real tough guys (can't recall the name) was on the ice and landed many many right hands to Carl's head before putting him down. I give the creep credit, though. He did stand up to him for himself and took his beating like a man. But I wasn't all that disappointed to see that Amerk get his.
        Can't we all just get along?
        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Oh yeah... how could I forget...

WOOOO-HOOOO!!!!!!
          R!!!!!.....I!!!!!.....T!!!!!
          GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!

I've never been so excited at a sporting event in my life. What a thrill!
          Thanks, Tigers!
          Can't we all just get along?
          Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

I am totally psyched about RIT making it this far (and hopefully way beyond). I attended RIT (class of '81) a ways back and while we always had a blast at hockey games. This was back in the D3 days before they were even a D3 power. I was at D1 the regional games in Albany last weekend and to see the student support...just fantastic! And wait till Burt hits Detroit...what a story line!

Looking thru earlier comments in this thread, it seemed strange to me too that RIT has so many older players but looking at other D! & D3 rosters on USCHO its not all that unusual. Seems to be the way of the world right now...juniors for a couple years and then on to college.

Also the questions about all the Canadian lads on the RIT team. I think Denver (also from the east regional) has just about the same amount on their roster as do others. And is it any different then college soccer teams having Europeans on their rosters? Think about it....Rochester is a lot closer to Ontario then it is to say a Minnesota or Michigan. I can see why RIT is a big draw (about the get bigger) for dem puck carrying Canucks.

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
              I think the "highly unlikely" comes from the fact that people have to purchase the full set of tickets where last weekend (when the allotment was only 400), people could buy tickets one day at a time. Will more than 600 shell out $100 (or $189 for fac/staff/alum) if they will only go to one game for sure? Somehow I don't think so. I'm planning to go for the whole weekend regardless, and I'll try to get one of the tickets in sec. 132, but if not, I'll get some others.

Also, it could well be that the alumni sales are limited to some small fraction of the allotment and Dr. Cooper just didn't know that for her reply.

Anyway, I'd be surprised if they sell out on Thurs. (of course I was surprised by things that happened last weekend!!!)
              Hmm, maybe I just know everyone that is going...I don't really know that many people though but everyone I do know is going.
              RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                Our budy Carl Hudson got into a fight on Sunday and got his a#$ kicked. It was a shame, really. He ran into a Toronto player and inadvertently (at least the way it looked on replay) caught him in the face with his elbow.
                http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/93943
                Deveaux...video at the link. I have a hard time believing that was an inadvertant elbow from the video. Hudson paid dearly for it either way. that video made my day.
                Lets go Lets go R I T

Comment

In the case of the Hudson fight, it all worked out well -- he got his butt kicked, the Toronto player got an instigator, and the Amerks scored on the power play. As someone that follows the Amerks, but isn't a Hudson fan for obvious reasons, I was okay with all of that!

The signing of Hudson also makes it obvious that the Amerks brass was watching the AHA tournament. I wondered to myself if someone like Ringwald would also get a look given the Amerks defensive struggles, which would have been ironic. But, RIT and Ringwald happen to be pretty occupied right now.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                    Let's just stop and consider how far we've come.

Just five years ago, we were recovering from a season that may have been our worst in recent memory, thanks to a team that seemed to just give up once the move to D-I was announced.

Just four years ago, we thought we had a long road in front of us with only six wins in 30 games.

Just three years ago, we sat at home wondering what might have have happened had we been eligible for postseason play.

Just two years ago, we were wondering how we could lose 5-0 to Air Force with Matt Smith and Simon Lambert on the roster.

Just a year ago, we were wondering how we were going to replace Sarazin, Raymond, Kharin, and Menard.

Just five months ago, we were 0-5 and wondering if this was just going to be a down year for us, a year we'd have to take our lumps and hope for a good run in the tournament.

Less than four months ago, we were worried about Eckenswiller and whether his injury would be a fatal blow to our defense.

Less than three months ago, we were reeling as our OOC record dropped to 0-6 and we once again failed to beat Niagara.

Just over two months ago, we were stunned as two of our best players were forced to watch a game from the stands, a game we ended up losing.

Just sixteen days ago, we were wondering if giving up a 3-goal lead against UConn was a bad sign.

Just ten days ago, we were wondering if RIT could beat the "BCA jinx" and finally win an AHA semifinal game.

Just three days ago, we were hoping that RIT would put up a respectable showing against the #2 team in the country.

Just two days ago, we were wondering if the victory over Denver was a fluke.

And now... now, five years removed from one of the most abysmal seasons any of us can remember, from a season in which we allowed Elmira to erase a 2-goal deficit with two shorties in the last 90 seconds of a game, from the announcement of a risky and uncertain move to Division I... now, we're in the Frozen Four.

And we didn't do it with fluke goals or 66 saves from our goalie or bad officiating. We hung with Denver and outplayed New Hampshire. How incredible is this? How amazing? How unprecedented?

Our school did this. The coaches, administration, and fans have built a team that guys want to play for, a team they can have fun with, and a team that knows how to win, something we had to wonder about during a few lean years there.

RIT. Be proud of these student-athletes. But also be proud of your school, your alma mater, because they made the commitment to bring these players here and teach them how to win and win big. RIT didn't go D-I just to say they were D-I; we went to win and win big. And here we are. Every cent spent over the last five years is paying off right now, in ways we can only imagine.

Who are these guys? They're from Rochester Institute of Technology, folks. Think how many people are hearing that name for the first time this week. Think about what this will do for recruiting, but also think what this will do for non-athletic admissions as well. Think what it will do for school spirit. Think what it will do for local recognition and attendance and maybe even a new rink.

Who are these guys? Well, now we know. They're one hell of a team; our team.

Powers &8^]
                    Couldn't have said it any better myself!
                    R I T HOCKEY
                    Frozen Four
                    Elite Eight
                    NCAA Tournament
                    2010-2015-2016
                    RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Is it my imagination or did 13WHAM.com just add a button on their sports page menu for RIT? (finally?) I don't go there very often but I could swear it wasn't there on Sunday.....

By the way, thanks to all the students and fans -- it was really great to hear and see you during the regional games, and then in the videos and pics of the team's return to campus. I really wish I could have gone to the games, but it was also really cool to watch, root and cheer at Jeremiah's... hopefully there'll be a lot more people watching across the city next week!!!!
                      Make some TIGERS noise!!

Comment

You guys mind if I jump on the RIT bandwagon for a couple weeks?

I know, I already posted this in another thread too. I'm still a partial n00b.
                        Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                        http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                        Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                        Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                        Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                        All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
                          You guys mind if I jump on the RIT bandwagon for a couple weeks?

I know, I already posted this in another thread too. I'm still a partial n00b.
                          Welcome aboard!!!

We had Cornell fans cheering for RIT against UNH, so why not Sioux fans cheering for us in the FF!
                          -M

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
                            Welcome aboard!!!

We had Cornell fans cheering for RIT against UNH, so why not Sioux fans cheering for us in the FF!
                            Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing some good (and maybe some not so good) performances by teams in Detroit.
                            Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                            http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                            Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                            Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                            Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                            All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by chris625 View Post
                              Is it my imagination or did 13WHAM.com just add a button on their sports page menu for RIT? (finally?) I don't go there very often but I could swear it wasn't there on Sunday.....

By the way, thanks to all the students and fans -- it was really great to hear and see you during the regional games, and then in the videos and pics of the team's return to campus. I really wish I could have gone to the games, but it was also really cool to watch, root and cheer at Jeremiah's... hopefully there'll be a lot more people watching across the city next week!!!!
                              Have caught the front page of the D&C Website? Collected stories, videos, and slider puzzles in a special RIT Frozen Four section.

Back after the 1983 DII championship, the D&C put together a special insert section. When the 1985 championship rolled around there was nothing special put together.
                              John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                              AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                              AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                              NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                              NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                              NCAA DII - 1983
                              NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Check out Madison.com for a nice spread on the Tigers. Nice article, blog entry, and sidebars on RIT.

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...0a67ad961.html

An interesting little comparison of the Badgers and Tigers in the sidebar:

Tale of the tape
                                NCAA Division I titles: UW 6, RIT 0
                                Scholarships: UW 18, RIT 0
                                NHL draftees: UW 11, RIT 0
                                NHL alumni: UW 65, RIT 0
                                Average age: UW 21, RIT 23
                                Per player expenses: UW $36,152, RIT $8,074
                                2009-10 average attendance: UW 15,048, RIT 1,756

Holy Crap!!!!! We don't have a chance. The only place we beat them is that we have a bunch of old men playing. Why are we even bothering to go to Detroit?

Hope their players and coaches spend lots of time over the next week studying this, and realize what a slaughter it's going to be.

They make that mistake and the Tigers will be playing hockey on Saturday.
                                John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                                AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                                AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                                NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                                NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                                NCAA DII - 1983
                                NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Working...
                                X