Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' Part 2 - The Playoffs

Originally posted by Scott Biggar View Post
    I don't know if folks at Saturday's game notice a rather extended conversation between Coach Wilson and Air Force's coach Frank Serratore as they shook hands and exited the ice post-game.

We asked Wayne about that in our post game, and he said that the gist of his answer was "we'll try and take some points from Canisius to help you out."

So I think RIT will keep their foot down on the gas.
    The only risk is injuries at this point. I have often wondered if we have been a victim of our own success in seasons past, getting the first round bye, playing at home, and then not getting it done at BCA because we had the easier route to the semis.
    KBranch

Comment

I'm just hoping we don't get scored on within the first minute of entering the BCA...assuming we get there. *knock on wood*

The last 2 times we have played there we got scored on in under 40 seconds.

First Period
      Colgate-1 Brian Day (David McIntyre, Kurtis Bartliff) 0:22

First Period
      Mercyhurst-1 Neil Graham (Dan Bremner, Steve Cameron) 0:37
      Last edited by Mania; 02-23-2010, 08:36 AM.
      RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Biggar View Post
        I don't know if folks at Saturday's game notice a rather extended conversation between Coach Wilson and Air Force's coach Frank Serratore as they shook hands and exited the ice post-game.

We asked Wayne about that in our post game, and he said that the gist of his answer was "we'll try and take some points from Canisius to help you out."

So I think RIT will keep their foot down on the gas.
        Guess that just goes to show you what our coaching staff thinks of Canisius
        RIT Tigers
        Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
        Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
        Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
          The only risk is injuries at this point. I have often wondered if we have been a victim of our own success in seasons past, getting the first round bye, playing at home, and then not getting it done at BCA because we had the easier route to the semis.
          I don't know why we haven't done well in the playoffs at BCA, but I don't think it was because of the 1st round bye, and then playing at home. As I recall, the teams that have won at BCA have all had 1st round byes and then played at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Mania View Post
            I'm just hoping we don't get scored on within the first minute of entering the BCA...assuming we get there. *knock on wood*

The last 2 times we have played there we got scored on in under 40 seconds.

First Period
            Colgate-1 Brian Day (David McIntyre, Kurtis Bartliff) 0:22

First Period
            Mercyhurst-1 Neil Graham (Dan Bremner, Steve Cameron) 0:37
            Yeah thats been pretty depressing.

Anyone know, if we make the BCA, if we have the 4 or 7 game on friday? Need to get those vacations plans on the calender at work if its 4. Well I might take the day off if its at 7 too
            RIT Tigers
            Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
            Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
            Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
              Yeah thats been pretty depressing.

Anyone know, if we make the BCA, if we have the 4 or 7 game on friday? Need to get those vacations plans on the calender at work if its 4. Well I might take the day off if its at 7 too
              Good question. If we had a choice I wonder if Wilson would pick the early game to change things up a bit.
              KBranch

Comment

I thought I heard that RIT will always be in the late game when they make the BCA.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Here is a nubie type of question... Why doesn't RIT try and play the first round the playoffs in the BCA? It is a 3 game home strech for us in the playoffs and if needed 3 games, that is 3 games that make an easier adjustment to get use to a new arena(Which also happens to be home ice).
                  R I T HOCKEY
                  Frozen Four
                  Elite Eight
                  NCAA Tournament
                  2010-2015-2016
                  RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                    Here is a nubie type of question... Why doesn't RIT try and play the first round the playoffs in the BCA? It is a 3 game home strech for us in the playoffs and if needed 3 games, that is 3 games that make an easier adjustment to get use to a new arena(Which also happens to be home ice).
                    I think the biggest thing is scheduling. RIT would have to reserve BCA at least a year in advance to ensure there are no amerks or knighthawks games, or concerts, etc. So then what happens if RIT doesn't host quarterfinals? It is possible that we wouldn't know that until two weeks before quarterfinals are scheduled. I am sure there is a deposit or something to reserve BCA that we would lose. Seems like a waste to me, but I see your point.
                    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                    Men's Frozen Four 2010
                    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

I believe the team gets to practice at least once at BCA before they play there.
                      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2010 Frozen Four participant
                      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

After all the panic over the non-conference record, the sweep at the hands of Air Force, RIT has run away with the Atlantic. It really was not even close in the end and RIT earns high honors with there second out right regular season title and third title in 4 years. If 2 out of 3 ain't bad Mr. Meat Loaf what do you call 3 out of 4?

Cost would be the main reason why the Quarters are played at the Ritter. There is more energy there with the fans right on top so I like them being played there. What I do hate is the so called play in format really hurts RIT. If not for that RIT would face either UCONN or AIC in the quarters. In stead they will get a much better team with a week rest. If your going to have a play in it should be on a Tuesday before the quarters, point is to reward the team that finished on top, instead your making it tougher.

RIT will play the late game in the semis for attendance purposes. I think the entire aspect of playing in the 4 or 7 game is over rated. There only a 3 hours difference. And both teams has plenty of time to sleep in the next day. Unless there a 3 OT game it doesn't matter...
                        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                        The Mule
                        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

So i was sitting here and pondering this..don't mean to jump the gun, but I wanted to throw this out there.. if by some chance RIT makes it to the frozen 4 in detroit at ford field, do you think RIT would take out their wallet and get a bunch of buses for students to go to the tournament? It would be April 8-10 (Thurs to Saturday). If I were RIT, I'd do it just b/c it's the 1st time ever that something like this occurred at the D-1 level and I'm sure it would get people excited. Hell, I'd cancel Thursday classes just so people can leave early in the day for Detroit, since it is a long drive. I know it's early but it is worth a discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by RIT4life View Post
                            So i was sitting here and pondering this..don't mean to jump the gun, but I wanted to throw this out there.. if by some chance RIT makes it to the frozen 4 in detroit at ford field, do you think RIT would take out their wallet and get a bunch of buses for students to go to the tournament? It would be April 8-10 (Thurs to Saturday). If I were RIT, I'd do it just b/c it's the 1st time ever that something like this occurred at the D-1 level and I'm sure it would get people excited. Hell, I'd cancel Thursday classes just so people can leave early in the day for Detroit, since it is a long drive. I know it's early but it is worth a discussion.
                            Each School gets a set number of tickets, usally in one of the four corners of the arena....Detroit is not that far away drive yourself...they probable will make it this year just so we have to watch them on that terrible football feild
                            Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                            The Mule
                            Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Hold on, guys. Let's save any final four talk until after actually making the NCAAs. Carry on with what if RIT goes to Ft. Wayne, etc.

On a "sorry-to-be-a-downer" note, the Make the Rink Pink game just took on even more meaning for a me. A close friend was just diagnosed with breast cancer and is starting chemo ...
                              -M

Comment

Quick note to the corner crew: you are representing RIT when sitting in the corner crew and wearing RIT paraphernalia at the ritter. Starting a racist chant when refs call a legit penalty on burt is just classless and it is not the way that we want to represent our institution.

thanks for never starting that chant again

Comment

Working...
                                X