Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' Part 2 - The Playoffs

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
    I'm not the PWR guru, but I think there is still a shot at Denver dropping to #2. That would put the AHA champ against DU and maybe that would mean an Albany or Worcester game. If that's the case, I think I might have to become a Miami and "whoever's playing Denver" fan for the next week or so. (Not due to any preference of opponent, but to have a shorter trip should RIT make it.)
    Denver definitely can drop to #2. There are also scenarios in which if the AHA winner were RIT, that the Tigers would have two teams below them, specifically if Brown or St. Lawrence were to win the ECAC.

Have fun trying out various scenarios:

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pwp.php

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
      Have fun trying out various scenarios:
      More-or-less, we want to root for as many upsets as possible, except for Miami (assuming we want to avoid facing Miami in Fort Wayne).

Powers &8^]

Comment

So I'm a little out of touch with regards to the festivities surrounding the game, being a 6-hour drive away. Are there any plans for a pre-game tailgate? Perhaps a nice tea time with our Jesuit friends with scones provided by Witter? And what's the convention; BYO burgers/Earl Grey?
        The Rochester Institute of Technology
        sigpic

Comment

I am getting tired of crap with poll. RIT has been stuck outside top 20 for past a few weeks and allowed other teams jump over RIT. RIT should be in top 20 by now.
          Projected to win first ever NCAA Division I National Championship in 2011.

GO RIT TIGERS!

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
            More-or-less, we want to root for as many upsets as possible, except for Miami (assuming we want to avoid facing Miami in Fort Wayne).

Powers &8^]
            I dont post here too often, stuck in Chicago with no college hockey for miles....I did go to the Camp Randall Classic in Madison though......

If the Tigers do somehow play in Fort Wayne, i'll be there cheering.... quick drive.... Even in St Paul i may be able to swing it if others will be making he trip.

Been a while since i have seen them play. I guess i don't really care who they play. Either way they will be underdogs, i just want to see more PR for the Team for now.... and obviously some wins.

They gotta win the out of Conferencers first in order to get any respect from the poll makers ...
            Last edited by JRZ DVLS; 03-15-2010, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RITAbe View Post
              So I'm a little out of touch with regards to the festivities surrounding the game, being a 6-hour drive away. Are there any plans for a pre-game tailgate? Perhaps a nice tea time with our Jesuit friends with scones provided by Witter? And what's the convention; BYO burgers/Earl Grey?
              The local alumni chapter is having a tailgate on the BCA Party Deck. $5 plus cash bar, plus game ticket.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by RITfever View Post
                I am getting tired of crap with poll. RIT has been stuck outside top 20 for past a few weeks and allowed other teams jump over RIT. RIT should be in top 20 by now.
                How does BU jump ahead of us with a 2-1 weekend when we swept in 2 and they were a few teams behind us in the rankings last week? I can't remember if Maine was right in front of us or behind last week, but they jumped out to 19 also.
                Only Tigers hockey!!!©

NCAA DI Regional Champions: East-2010 (3rd year eligible, 1st time in tournament!)

AHA Champions
                Regular Season:
                2007 (1st Season in Conference / 2nd Season in D1 / Did it with 40% D3 Recruits), '09, '10, '11
                Tournament:
                2010, 2015, 2016

RIT Men 9 time ECAC West Champions: 1984, 1986, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

2-time NCAA Champions: 1983 (DII), 1985 (DIII)!!!!

Elmira will forever Suck—Infinity!!

Comment

I don't think RIT has a chance of being ranked in the Top 20 unless they win the Atlatic Tourament....
                  Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                  The Mule
                  Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by RITAbe View Post
                    BTW, its still spelled witr, just pronounced witter. or at least that's the plan.

as for the tailgate, I've heard that the some of the normal tailgate crew will be out there, and if they are or if there is outside demand witr will be there as well. I'll be making the final call on whether or not witr goes tomorrow.

And yes it is normally BYO burgers, but if you bring some communal food, like chips or drinks, usually you can get someone to give you a burger.
                    "I couldn't be more impressed with the student body . They had fun and had many chants but they lacked venom."

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger98 View Post
                      How does BU jump ahead of us with a 2-1 weekend when we swept in 2 and they were a few teams behind us in the rankings last week? I can't remember if Maine was right in front of us or behind last week, but they jumped out to 19 also.
                      The whole complaining thing about not being ranked is pretty dumb at this point. Look at BU and Maine, look at who they took weekend series from, look at the body of work and honestly ask yourself "Is RIT better than Maine or BU?". The answer should be pretty clear. As good a team as this team is, they are not of the caliber of a Maine or BU at this point and the rankings reflect that. Look at who BC and Maine beat this weekend and then look who we beat and tell me that the series win vs. UConn carries the same weight. You can't. The voting reflects that.

If we win in convincing fashion in the AHA tournament and punch our ticket to the NCAA's, then we can talk about whether or not the team deserves to be ranked, and even then they still might not be, as there are bubble teams that might not get an at large bid that may still be better than RIT, regardless of whether or not we go dancing.
                      Skate every shift like its your last

Comment

Why does anyone really care if/where RIT is ranked? Yes, I suppose it could be seen as a sign of respect or lack of, but it doesn't really effect anything. The only upside I can see for being ranked it that it would/could help with recruiting in the aspect that Wilson could say "RIT is a nationally rank team. Come play for us!". Beside that I could care less especially this late in the season. Winning is much more important.
                        My Four Favorite teams:
                        RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                        Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

I agree on rankings. Also, some of them tend to be based off name recognition. BU and Maine are far more familiar to some voters as RIT. I think if RIT were to make it to the NCAA tournament they would be ranked, as their RPI will be around 20 or so, and that might be enough for more voters to put them in.
                          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2010 Frozen Four participant
                          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

I took a look at the Canisius v. Mercyhurst box scores and noticed that our good friend Carl Hudson from Canisius managed a 5-Minute Major and Game Misconduct on Saturday night. Mercyhurst scored 3 goals on the ensuing PP. It would have been fun to watch Carl sweat that one out in street clothes - the game went into 2 OTs before Canisius scored the GW.
                            KBranch

Comment

Originally posted by RITfever View Post
                              0-6 outside of AHA play is not going to get a team ranked. What I assume is happening is a few coaches want to give the AHA a nod and are putting RIT in 19th or 20th on their ballots.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lerch View Post
                                0-6 outside of AHA play is not going to get a team ranked.
                                Wholly agreed. There's always the cliches about polls not meaning anything anyway-- they have little actual, impactful bearing aside from the esoteric areas already mentioned. Besides, as much as I love the Tigers, have they really earned it? The 0-6 OOC is a killer and the fact that a large number of college hockey fans/coaches/players consider the AHA the red-headed stepchild doesn't help.

I am, however, starting to get a little nervous about the type of attention RIT's been getting lately, namely in the field of Bracketology. Over the past week, the term "AHA Champion" has become synonymous with "RIT" and I do not like this one bit. I'm not innocent as I've looked into travel arrangements for Regionals, but the boys still have to contend with an upstart Canisius team, perennially frightening Air Force, and/or the quiet dominators of Sacred Heart. After having my heart broken over the past few years in playoffs we were "supposed to" win, I'm playing this one a little less boisterous. However, make no mistake, I not only want a victory on Friday, I want Griffins smeared on the ice.
                                The Rochester Institute of Technology
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X