>>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' Part 2 - The Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' Part 2 - The Playoffs

I think it goes back to that poster from the first Atlantic regular season play that read attention Atlanic Hockey, we have arrived....

RIT has steam rolled into the Atlantic in a short while, only some playoff dissapointment has reduce the sting. I saw many out there are envious with hate...
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Maybe Remy is back with a new user name???

If you want to see hatred, you should see what's being written in my rep comments ... it'd be enough to force a congressman to resign!
      -M

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
        I've got tickets for Saturday's game against UConn.

I'm hoping for the place to be rocking and the brooms to be sweeping (I know, I know, one game at a time, etc., I'm still looking ahead to Saturday).

If you want to say hi, I'll be wearing a red RPI sweatshirt (I don't have any of my RIT gear with me this week), and am going to try to be there early enough to stand near the Corner Crew / pep band.
        If you're planning on standing near the corner crew, you better stop by the campus store and get yourself some orange. It's sort of a requirement, but well worth it. See you there.

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post

If you want to see hatred, you should see what's being written in my rep comments ... it'd be enough to force a congressman to resign!
          Is he threatening to tickle you till you can't breath?
          RIT Tigers
          Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
          Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
          Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by jgRIT View Post
            Wow, so much hate in the thread lately.
            Better than us fighting with each other
            RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by RITTechie View Post
              If you're planning on standing near the corner crew, you better stop by the campus store and get yourself some orange. It's sort of a requirement, but well worth it. See you there.
              Don't worry, I don't plan on standing in the Corner Crew.

And, RITProf, it's not exactly an "orangish" red, but it's definitely not a "bluish" red.
              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...ing-past-UConn

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us," senior forward Brent Alexin said. "We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it."

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                  Aw, Brent, no. You never say that stuff before the games, especially not to a reporter. No matter how true it may be.

Comment

At least he started with an "if"....
                    -M

Comment

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us," senior forward Brent Alexin said. "We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it."
                      Talk about giving your opponent motivation. Lets hope he's right and we play our game.
                      KBranch

Comment

Changing the subject, for those who are interested - from the AHA facebook fan page

Comissioner Bob DeGregorio will be live in studio on the Blue Line Show on Saturday, March 13 on Sports Radio 950 ESPN in Rochester, N.Y. He will be talking Atlantic Hockey Quarterfinals, next weekend's Championship at the Blue Cross Arena and many other topics. The Blue Line Show is a show dedicated to Rochester and... WNY hockey. It
                        is a one-hour program from 10-11 a.m. Saturday mornings on SportsRadio
                        950 ESPN in Rochester
                        You can listen live online http://www.sportsradio950espn.com/
                        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                        Men's Frozen Four 2010
                        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
                          Talk about giving your opponent motivation. Lets hope he's right and we play our game.
                          I disagree here, I like what he said here, its putting everything on RIT. As he said if we play our game, we win. That how you win a championship, no excuses its all on you. Thats not being cocky and if UCONN needs that kind of statement to fire them up they are lost already.

One of my favorite "pregame" quotes of all time....

"I am going to work so that it's a pure guts race. In the end, if it is, I'm the only one that can win it". - Steve Prefontaine

Originally posted by RITProf View Post

I saw Remy at the Platty/Genny this year, did not say hi to him, but notice he was rather lazy in what was a close game. Seems he producing so much hot air these days that all he can do is blow his horn...
                          Last edited by Tom Naeger; 03-12-2010, 11:56 AM.
                          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                          The Mule
                          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Consider me among the group that wishes Alexin had not said what he said. True or not (and it is), you don't say those kind of things before a playoff series. For all the great things RIT has done in the DI era, blowing away teams in the playoffs is not one of them.
                            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2010 Frozen Four participant
                            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                              I disagree here
                              Figures.

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post

One of my favorite "pregame" quotes of all time....

"I am going to work so that it's a pure guts race. In the end, if it is, I'm the only one that can win it". - Steve Prefontaine

Prefontaine ran against the clock, which operates at the same speed no matter how you motivate it.
                              KBranch

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                                Consider me among the group that wishes Alexin had not said what he said. True or not (and it is), you don't say those kind of things before a playoff series. For all the great things RIT has done in the DI era, blowing away teams in the playoffs is not one of them.
                                It worked for Mark Messier...
                                RIT Tigers

Comment

Working...
                                X