Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2009-2010 <<<<< Rockin' Part 2 - The Playoffs

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
    The last time Uconn played at the Ritter, RIT won 6-2 and 7-0. Then RIT won 4-0 at Uconn but the game they dropped Maledora was in net and Burt and Favot were scratched (which has since lit a fire under their ***).

Yes anything can happen in the play offs but it is a series... I hope you have fun at the Ritter at least
    Don't hang that loss on Madelora. He did his job that day - the offense did not due thiers.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by RIT4life View Post
      So i was sitting here and pondering this..don't mean to jump the gun, but I wanted to throw this out there.. if by some chance RIT makes it to the frozen 4 in detroit at ford field, do you think RIT would take out their wallet and get a bunch of buses for students to go to the tournament? It would be April 8-10 (Thurs to Saturday). If I were RIT, I'd do it just b/c it's the 1st time ever that something like this occurred at the D-1 level and I'm sure it would get people excited. Hell, I'd cancel Thursday classes just so people can leave early in the day for Detroit, since it is a long drive. I know it's early but it is worth a discussion.
      I definitely would not jump the gun. Yes...RIT has a very good team...while you have won 3 regular season titles...how many times have you made it to the AHA finals ??? ANSWER-ZERO !!!Definitely do not jump the gun...You guys could be at another finals w/o the home team there...unless they're in the stands watching !!!Regular season means nothing...You guys are like your neighbors...the Buffalo Bills....but then again...they did make it to the Championship !!!

Comment

Originally posted by skates View Post
        I definitely would not jump the gun. Yes...RIT has a very good team...while you have won 3 regular season titles...how many times have you made it to the AHA finals ??? ANSWER-ZERO !!!Definitely do not jump the gun...You guys could be at another finals w/o the home team there...unless they're in the stands watching !!!Regular season means nothing...You guys are like your neighbors...the Buffalo Bills....but then again...they did make it to the Championship !!!
        I def think its a sign that we are making progress when we start getting more and more trolls...
        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
        The Mule
        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
          Totally off-topic, and I realize it's a moot point now, but I was just looking into the league's scheduling the last four years.

The way I thought it was supposed to work was that each team had one schedule partner that they always play four times a year, while the other eight teams rotate among 4 games (for two years), 2 games at home, and 2 games away.

RIT's schedule has indeed followed that pattern. We've played 16 regular-season games against Air Force, and 12 against every other team. We played Mercyhurst, Canisius, AIC, and Bentley four times each in each of our first two years; in each of the last two years we played Army, Holy Cross, Sacred Heart, and Connecticut four times each.

So imagine my surprise when I saw that Army has never played Air Force four times in the regular season, and has played Sacred Heart and AIC each four times every year. Sacred Heart has never played Bentley four times, but has played Army and Holy Cross four times every year.

What's up with that? Is the Sacred Heart-Army series a special dispensation for some reason, at the expense of games against Bentley and Air Force, respectively? Or am I totally missing something obvious here?

Powers &8^]
          I don't remember all the details, but you always play your travel partner 4 times and then there a rotation for teams you play 4 times and times you place twice. But as you said its a moot point cause its all going to change next year, my best guess is that Air Force and Army would have been due to hook up 4 times next year...

Thomas M. Naeger
          The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
            I def think its a sign that we are making progress when we start getting more and more trolls...
            Sadly, there's only one way to shut them up, and it's all in the hands of the players on the ice.

All we can do is cheer.

Powers &8^]

Comment

I wouldn't even mind trolls so much if they could just come in here and start real discussions. Is it really that hard to do?
              e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                Don't hang that loss on Madelora. He did his job that day - the offense did not due thiers.
                Easy killer I didn't blame anything on Maledora I just pointed out 3 of our best players were out so that probably didn't help
                RIT Tigers
                Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

It seems to have corresponded with the Army "incident"
                  RIT Tigers
                  Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                  Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                  Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by dutchbrowncoat View Post
                    i have been lurking for two years or so now and recently gave in and got an account. graduated last year and a big fan, yadda yadda yadda. anyway, i put up a few pics from the rit / army fight in the thread related to the incident. unfortunately i did not get any vid of the incident, but you can kind of see a little action right after the hit that started it all up.
                    Hey can you forward those Pics to Ryan Sweeney, Jay Durfee, Steven Meyer, and Tony Guglietti. Oh and CC Eugene Binda and Bob DeGregorio. Ask them how Jeff Smith was fighting in the altercation you can see his gloves are on as Ikkala is hammering away. Has to be the worst call of the year that Smith got a game DQ out of that. The way it was call, he was better off to drop his glove and go, at least he would have gotten his money's worth, is that the message AHA wants????

Thomas M. Naeger
                    The Mule

Comment

Hey can you forward those Pics to Ryan Sweeney, Jay Durfee, Steven Meyer, and Tony Guglietti. Oh and CC Eugene Binda and Bob DeGregorio. Ask them how Jeff Smith was fighting in the altercation you can see his gloves are on as Ikkala is hammering away. Has to be the worst call of the year that Smith got a game DQ out of that. The way it was call, he was better off to drop his glove and go, at least he would have gotten his money's worth, is that the message AHA wants????
                      What do you really expect from a 2 bit league run from an office located above a liquor store? Seriously, if it weren't for Lou Spiotti's input into how the AHA is run, it would be an even bigger joke than it already is.

The AHA has no idea how to handle discipline matters. None. Proven during the whole disaster with Canisius 2 years ago, and further proven with the whole deal with Army. If AHA had a clue at all, they would have issued a formal reprimand to the Army AD, demanded a formal apology be published for his incredibly dumb statement, suspended the correct parties for the Army incident, etc. Nevermind the fact that Mr. Hudson and how he was handled...
                      Skate every shift like its your last

Comment

Guys please, it's Madolora. With an O.

I mean, he's not George Eliopoulos.
                        e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by skates View Post
                          And how many times did RIT win the regular season title so handily? Right; zero! There's good reason to be a bit more optimistic about the playoff results this year. I think that the results show RIT has the best team in the AHA by a fair bit this year. However, that means absolutely nothing right now and it is very easy to lose in the playoffs.

Of course we all know it could end as early as this Saturday. And also, there are more RIT fans knowledgeable and interested enough to watch the finals without RIT in them, than many other teams, especially AHA, have fans at their own playoff games. I'm pretty sure nobody at RIT is booking their trip to Detroit (or even the regionals) right now with intentions that they'll see RIT playing (they might be going anyway ... I have in the past.)

And I'd be quite satisfied (OK, shocked to death!) if RIT made like the Bills and went to 4 straight NCAA championship games and lost. That would sure get a lot of attention for RIT and we'd have our new arena, be a top national team for a long, long time, etc. A guy can fantasize!
                          -M

Comment

RIT's first regular season title was won in a year they were not eligible for postseason. I do think that team would have won the conference tournament.

The second title was tied, and they lost the tiebreaker to Air Force, so they were the #2 seed.

This is the first time RIT has been the #1 seed in the tournament. Let's see what happens now.

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                              Easy killer I didn't blame anything on Maledora I just pointed out 3 of our best players were out so that probably didn't help
                              It just seemed like you did - no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                                So imagine my surprise when I saw that Army has never played Air Force four times in the regular season, and has played Sacred Heart and AIC each four times every year.
                                Part of the deal for Army's approval of Air Force's move to Atlantic Hockey was that the rivalry would remain a two-game series. Not sure they're too happy with the playoff pairings.

And, yes, the unbalanced schedule has unfairly benefitted some teams (including Air Force) in the past. Next year I'd like to see 3 "divisions," where you play 4 games against the other 3 teams in your "division" (12 games) and two games against each team in the other two "divisions" (16 games) for a total of 28. The three division winners and one "wild card" (non-division winner with the best record) get the top 4 seeds and byes, everyone else plays in the opening round.
                                2010-2011 Atlantic Hockey Pick 'Em Champion!
                                2013 Atlantic Hockey Postseason Pick 'Em Champion!
                                Air Force Falcons
                                2007 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA West Regional
                                2008 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional
                                2009 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional Final
                                2011 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional
                                2012 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional

Comment

Working...
                                X