Boston University at Vermont 2/26 and 2/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston University at Vermont 2/26 and 2/28

With four games to go and both teams battling for playoff position, it goes without saying that these are two huge games. BU's in 4th and UVM's in 9th, but they're separated by just 4 points. Thoughts? Predictions?

This will be my 1st trip up to Burlington. I've been told the Gutt's concessions are awful. Restaurant recommendations? Other points of interest? I'll be hitting up Stowe on Saturday.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Re: Boston University at Vermont 2/26 and 2/28

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    ... This will be my 1st trip up to Burlington. I've been told the Gutt's concessions are awful.
    Restaurant recommendations? Other points of interest? I'll be hitting up Stowe on Saturday.
    There is an article in the online version of the NY Times travel section
    entitled "36 Hours in Burlington, VT." It covers where to stay, where to eat,
    things to do, etc. Here's the link:

*****http://travel.nytimes.com/2008/11/02/travel/02hours.html?th&emc=th******

Good luck and hope you have fun.
    GaryH - UVM Class of '73
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx

Comment

My favorite place to go is the Upper Deck Pub at the Windjammer Restaurant on Williston Rd. It is just a few minutes drive to the arena, heading east off of exit 14. You'll want to go there early to get a table on Friday. It is a sports bar type atmosphere with great food, and vermont microbrews on tap.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryH View Post
        There is an article in the online version of the NY Times travel section
        entitled "36 Hours in Burlington, VT." It covers where to stay, where to eat,
        things to do, etc. Here's the link:

*****http://travel.nytimes.com/2008/11/02/travel/02hours.html?th&emc=th******

Good luck and hope you have fun.
        Thanks.

Originally posted by VermontFan View Post
        vermont microbrews on tap.
        Probably not the best idea before heading up to the press box.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Thanks.

Actually might be the exact opposite

When you are in Stowe stop at the SHED, great microbrews that they brew right there and the food is good too.

As for the weekend set, Its a tough call. UVM played well against a very good UNH team. The results weren't there but their level of play was, which is something that has been missing. If that team comes out and plays they will start getting the results. UNH had a bit of puck luck Friday to pull out the OT win. Not taking anything away from them, but it could have very easily have been 3 points for VT. BU after starting off slow has really turned on in the second half. With two impressive wins against ME just a week ago. Not sure how things were at PC, a split with a 2-1 win doesn't sound great, but I didn't watch the game.

Here's hoping UVM can go on a bit of a streak to finish out the year. This past weekend should be a good moral boost, although they didn't get the Wins they played well and they did it without Milo, Stacey and McCarthy (Fri). Finishing strong out and the HE tourney will be well within reach and an NCAA at large still isn't out of the question.
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by VermontFan View Post
            vermont microbrews on tap.
            Reporters . . . alcohol . . . too many jokes . . .
            Bugs Bunny - 96
            Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
              Actually might be the exact opposite

When you are in Stowe stop at the SHED, great microbrews that they brew right there and the food is good too.
              I'm not big on the Shed. The beers always seem flat there.

The Alchemist right off I-89 in Waterbury is a much better brewpub IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                Reporters . . . alcohol . . . too many jokes . . .

Truth is often stranger than fiction
                Please join me in the fight to reduce the world's supply of Bacardi.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                  I'm not big on the Shed. The beers always seem flat there.

The Alchemist right off I-89 in Waterbury is a much better brewpub IMO.
                  hmm, I go there once or twice a year and have never had that problem. Never tried the Alchemist, may have to stop in there and give it a shot.

Comment

With four games to go and both teams battling for playoff position, it goes without saying that these are two huge games. BU's in 4th and UVM's in 9th, but they're separated by just 4 points. Thoughts? Predictions?

This will be my 1st trip up to Burlington. I've been told the Gutt's concessions are awful. Restaurant recommendations? Other points of interest? I'll be hitting up Stowe on Saturday.
                    Vermont Pub and Brewery in downtown Burlington is clutch. Really good food and beer and the prices weren't bad either.

That whole downtown area around (I think) Church Street is beautiful. It's a great place to walk around.

The series should be a BU sweep.
                    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                    -
                    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

If anyone has tickets and isn't going - the student section sold out in under 90 minutes!!!
                      Last home game of my years in college, and first time I haven't gotten tickets!!
                      Can't wait for the game though!
                      OCT 29, 2004 - The Day UVM Hockey turned around...

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                        Just like Providence last weekend.
                        GO BU! がんばろうTERRIERS

Comment

Originally posted by BUtiful View Post
                          Just like Providence last weekend.
                          Cut him some slack he is a BC fan afterall, it's not his fault.

UVMTenfan there are always people out front scalping tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                            Vermont Pub and Brewery in downtown Burlington is clutch. Really good food and beer and the prices weren't bad either.

That whole downtown area around (I think) Church Street is beautiful. It's a great place to walk around.

The Brewery is great, I'll second that. Burlington is an awesome little city to spend a few days, you can't go wrong, really (though weather could be a factor)..

I enjoy hanging out at RiRa's and Nectors (gravy fries!), There's a great little Italian Restaurant I used to go to when I visited my friend at St. Mikes, and if I can remember the name, I'll post it, I don't think its downtown... we also usually go to a chinese place in Winooski which name also escapes me...

Last time we were up for a weekend, we went to Magic Hat for a tour and to Ben and Jerry's in Waterbury on our way up...

Comment

Could it be Papa Franks also in Winooski and Peking Duck House....i'm guessing it is, they're both great.

Comment

Working...
                              X