Cat Fight!!! UVM @ UNH 2/19/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat Fight!!! UVM @ UNH 2/19/10

Puck drop in about 3.5 hours from this post. The Catamounts travel to Durham after a disappointing single point weekend at home v. the Mack. They'll sure be flying out of the gate. UNH coming off a "mini-bye" with only one game last Friday night against Providence.

Both teams are in need of a good showing weekend, Vermont to stave off the dreaded "Merrimack spot" in the league standings, UNH to maintain the lead in league standings.

Also of note, interesting pairwise weekend for these teams as they currently stand tied in 9th place in PWR. (I had to double check it as well)

I know many of us alums in the DC area will be taking the opportunity of a NESN game to gather at a local watering hole (Penn Quarter Tavern to be exact) to either toast our glasses in celebration or drown our sorrows.

And finally Happy Weekend!
    UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Re: Cat Fight!!! UVM @ UNH 2/19/10

Hey, '9 er! You missed free beers on me for ya' at Brasserie Beck a few weeks back when I was in DC on a hastily-called overnight trip. Touted it/them on the Update Thread just prior, but sadly it was one game you missed.

On to hockey...

Back in the day (early and mid '70s), this was absolutely THE rivalry for UNH and Vermont fans. Maine was still a Division II squad; UNH couldn't really quite compete yet on a par with multi-national champs BU.

But Snively (and "The Gutt" up in Burlington) absolutely rocked with noise whenever these two teams met! Fans would be lined up outside even before the other squad's bus arrived...

Comment

Ok... the good news? I have really good beer tonight.... Goose Island Oatmeal Stout (http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/goose-i...al-stout/815/). Malts' Rating is actually a bit lower... I would give this an even 80 out of 100. Still, fine stuff.

The better news? The game is on NESN (for those with DirecTV that would be on channel 628).

The best news? Toby (limeycat1 or limeycat), Matt, and I will be coming out to NH for our annual Hockey East Weekend trip next weekend (we arrive Thursday afternoon from London (Toby), Montreal (Matt), and Detroit (me.. Chad). This year it's the Northeastern series. And we are so pumped to see everyone again!!! Darci, Matt, George, Mike, Rob, Ankur, Josh, and everyone else.... so psyched for the trip and to hang with you guys for a couple of games and doing the UNH/Boston/Bob's/Newicks/WYW/Libby's thing yet again! I will still have my Detroit Tigers away hat (orange Olde English "D") on for a good chunk of the weekend, so if you see a guy wearing one and you don't know me, feel free to come up and say "Hi!". Who knows? I might even buy you a beer or two at Wings Your Way or Libby's.

The bad news? I am going to miss a good chunk of the game tonight on the S.U. thread as I have to leave the house for a few hours.... grrrrrr!!!!!!

Ok.. gotta run!! GO CATS (Wildcats, that is!)!!!!! And see you guys next weekend!!!!!
      Last edited by Malts18; 02-19-2010, 05:32 PM.
      Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
      ECAC Tourney Champs 79
      Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
      Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
      Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
      NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Originally posted by Malts18 View Post
        Ok... the good news? I have really good beer tonight.... Goose Island Oatmeal Stout (http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/goose-i...al-stout/815/). Malts' Rating is actually a bit lower... I would give this an even 80 out of 100. Still, fine stuff.

The better news? The game is on NESN (for those with DirecTV that would be on channel 628).

The best news? Toby (limeycat1 or limeycat), Matt, and I will be coming out to NH for our annual Hockey East Weekend trip next weekend (we arrive Thursday afternoon from London (Toby), Montreal (Matt), and Detroit (me.. Chad). This year it's the Northeastern series. And we are so pumped to see everyone again!!! Darci, Matt, George, Mike, Rob, Ankur, Josh, and everyone else.... so psyched for the trip and to hang with you guys for a couple of games and doing the UNH/Boston/Bob's/Newicks/WYW/Libby's thing yet again! I will still have my Detroit Tigers away hat (orange Olde English "D") on for a good chunk of the weekend, so if you see a guy wearing one and you don't know me, feel free to come up and say "Hi!". Who knows? I might even buy you a beer or two at Wings Your Way or Libby's.

The bad news? I am going to miss a good chunk of the game tonight on the S.U. thread as I have to leave the house for a few hours.... grrrrrr!!!!!!

Ok.. gotta run!! GO CATS (Wildcats, that is!)!!!!! And see you guys next weekend!!!!!
        Sounds like great news all around, Chad! (Except for you having to be absent for a while, that is)...

Comment

Originally posted by snively View Post
          Sounds like great news all around, Chad! (Except for you having to be absent for a while, that is)...
          Richard, if you are up for a road trip, come on up!
          Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
          ECAC Tourney Champs 79
          Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
          Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
          Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
          NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Goose island and I are friends. It may have been one of the six packs (of 9) that I bought for snowmaggedon.
            UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

Originally posted by Malts18 View Post
              Richard, if you are up for a road trip, come on up!
              Would love to, Chad, but just got back last Friday from the prior one overseas, and have one to do the following weekend to Memphis. So family responsibilities and pull-your-weightism effectively preclude it.

I can't get my ***ned timing right, it seems.

Comment

UVM 0 UNH 0, Pregame

I'm here! Hello Chad, Richard, 09.

Go 'Cats (of the blue variety)!
                Live Free or Die!

Celeste & Sydney Recovery Fund

Comment

UVM 0 UNH 0, Period 1

Game on!
                  Live Free or Die!

Comment

7:30 start -- game on...

Comment

UVM 0 UNH 1, Period 1

DeSimone! 26 seconds in!
                      Live Free or Die!

Comment

Re: UVM 0 UNH 0, Pregame

Originally posted by erin View Post
                        I'm here! Hello Chad, Richard, 09.

Go 'Cats (of the blue variety)!
                        Hey, erin -- just in time for our first goal!

Comment

Re: UVM 0 UNH 1, Period 1

Originally posted by erin View Post
                          DeSimone! 26 seconds in!
                          It did not take too long for the fish to hit the ice!
                          What did you say?
                          Who own the Chiefs?
                          What did he say?
                          Owns! Owns!

Comment

UVM 0 UNH 1, Period 1

UNH ices it, 17:20 to go.

DeSimone from Thompson & Butler on that goal, btw.
                            Live Free or Die!

Comment

UVM 0 UNH 1, Period 1

17:09 to go, UVM going to the PP, Speelman off for goaltender interference. UNH radio is confused, as Speelman was taken down by a Catamount.
                              Live Free or Die!

Comment

Working...
                              X